Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: v0.73/v0.74 Recruitment issues

EB Unit Dictator/Administrator Member Urnamma's Avatar

Default Re: v0.73 Recruitment issues

Quote Originally Posted by Spendios
    Pezhetairoi are available in Turdetania/Zeugitana/Venetia is that correct ?

Also in Sicilia island Pezhetairoi are available in both Elimya/Sicilia but not Trinakrie (that is strange because other Hellenic units are available in Trinakrie/Sicilia and not Elimya).

Epeiros is the only successor who can't recruit Pezhetairoi in Chersonesos Thraikia.
    You get a gold star. Everything you've said I just had corrected :-)
    'It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.'
    ~Voltaire
    'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. ' - Soren Kierkegaard
    “A common danger tends to concord. Communism is the exploitation of the strong by the weak. In Communism, inequality comes from placing mediocrity on a level with excellence.” - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

EB Unit Coordinator

Default Re: v0.73/v0.74 Recruitment issues

I think there's a recruitment problem in Nikomedia, I've got a level 5 MIC there as the Seleukids and I can't recruit any troops except for Batacorii which shouldn't be there at all I think, unless they got drunk and lost their way home.

I also checked the recruitment guide that was posted a while ago and it seems that the Seleukids can't train any troops in Nikomedia there. This is a bug , right?

GMT

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMT
    I think there's a recruitment problem in Nikomedia, I've got a level 5 MIC there as the Seleukids and I can't recruit any troops except for Batacorii which shouldn't be there at all I think, unless they got drunk and lost their way home.

I also checked the recruitment guide that was posted a while ago and it seems that the Seleukids can't train any troops in Nikomedia there. This is a bug , right?

GMT
    this is an old hidden resource problem with descr_regions that should have been resolved long ago, not sure why it's still here. i'll let you know how to fix that, but i'm not sure the change will be save-game compatible.

in your RTW directory, go to \Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ and open the files called DESCR_REGIONS.TXT

in that files look for this entry (it's near the top):
    Code:
    Bithynia
           Nikomedia
           macedon
           Bithynoi
           202 17 122
           silver, gold, wine, tradeport, alpha, beta, delta, epsilon
    change that to this:

Code:
    Bithynia
           Nikomedia
           macedon
           Bithynoi
           202 17 122
           silver, gold, wine, tradeport, gamma, delta, epsilon
    that's all. thanks for noticing that. looks like it's been this way since the OB... and finding this error was one of the first things i did when i joined EB.

again, not sure if it's save-game compatible or not, so keep that in mind.
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

It requires a descr_regions.txt change, which requires a deletion of map.rwm - I don't think savegames will work with this, but I could be wrong.

As to the omission, thanks for pointing it out. You realize, of course, that we're all human, and make mistakes?
    Cogita tute

As Parthia I'm able to fully use the Seleucid Governements without having to build my one ones.
    So after taking for example "Alexandria-Ariana"(right beyond Baktra) I was able to train Zradha Pahlavans as well as all the rest of my fation units. This applied as well to settlements like "Susa", "Ekbatana", "Persepolis" and many others....Since I don't think this is intendes it should be a bug.

It's an exploit. Would conquerors be able to just step right in and use another faction's 'homeland' or 'military cleruchy' governments? Possibly they could to use someone's 'allied state' govt, but then those are cheap and quick anyway. There are only so many building complexes in the game, and we can't force more to work than do (64), so we try to destroy them 99% and tell you that you should build your own, but if someone likes playing EB but doesn't like the idea of a new people needing to set up *their own* types of government, then I guess we've failed.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: v0.73/v0.74 Recruitment issues

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelgnom
    As Parthia I'm able to fully use the Seleucid Governements without having to build my one ones.
    So after taking for example "Alexandria-Ariana"(right beyond Baktra) I was able to train Zradha Pahlavans as well as all the rest of my fation units. This applied as well to settlements like "Susa", "Ekbatana", "Persepolis" and many others....Since I don't think this is intendes it should be a bug.
    The problem is there is no way the EB team can destroy the governement buildings of another faction when you take a city over. They have can do 99% damage to make them unusable for the A.I. (who never repairs them) but the player is not supposed to make use of them either. Just destroy them when you take the city.

So it is not a bug. It is just a possible exploit you should ignore.

Edit: just noted TA's post. I must be going blind.
    Last edited by Ludens; 03-24-2006 at 20:47.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Not certain where else to add this, but Yuezhi family members are called Sauromatae Family Member when highlighted on the campaign map.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Well, is the human player able to use a governement that is 99% destroyed? Becuase I think I was able to do so...Ok, was not aware of the fact that I have to destroy it. Possibly I only came acros this thing, because I had not enough money to build my one ones at that time. Usually I destroy those foreign governments.

Makedon could recruit in Sparte with govt IV: Toxotai, Spendotenai, Akontistai ONLY

EB ship system destroyer and Makedonia FC

Can you raise that on the internal unit recruitment thread O'Etairos? Specifically mention that it is maks though. That is on purpose if you were KH - no hoplites other than spartiates - but as maks I don't know what the current stance is.

EB Token Radical Member QwertyMIDX's Avatar

That's silly for the KH too though, what about the other Lakedomians who weren't spartiates?
    History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

History does not repeat itself. The historians repeat one another. - Max Beerbohm

I'm not touching it. I've irritated people enough to little avail with my opinions on unit recruitment.

Not sure if this is a bug or not...does the Seluekid Reform building change any recruiting options? It doesn't appear to. I recieved it in 214 BC, at about the same time I started fighting Pahlavs (and their cataphracts) but none of my generals has recieved an "intrigued by cataphracts" trait and I can't recruit any different units in any of my cities. I am assuming that the building has been put in but maybe the units have not?

Thanks,
    Iskandr

I'm able to recruit Imperial Cohorts, Praetorian Calvary and Chorts in 108 BC.
    Last edited by Chester; 04-05-2006 at 13:08.

playing .74 as casse, I control the isles and now want to invade the mainland, but i cant build ships anywhere. I know ictus is meant to be my major ship building port and i have all the possible naval upgrades except the final trade port upgrade and i still cant build ships. has anyone else had this problem, or can i fix it with a reinstall? (you guys said there might be problems but i didnt reinstall RTW before installing .74 ive had no problems[not a single CTD ] except for this)

This may be a silly answer, but maybe your not seeing the ship. It's icon is a peasent, I believe.

hahaha thats probably exactly what it is. thanks, ill try not to bog the thread down with more dumb posts but i cant promise anything, thanks.

Angry Re: v0.73/v0.74 Recruitment issues

I recruited penteconterai in Ariminum, but they didn't showed up :(
    Veni, vidi, vendi...

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

The Lakedaimonians were the Spartans. The other troops, such as the Helots and the skirmishers (forgot the name) didn't fight for Lakedaimon any more.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Iberian Issues:

Playing along happily. But noticed these issues. No unit recruitment in NW Spain - which has been noted in another thread somewhere which I can't find. You can dump loads of money into the buildings, but u get nothing. (damn government!)
    Which meant... without a good source of troops to flood Gaul, I turned south on the Carthagians - who are cursing this bug as we speak. North Africa is mine. However, I noticed something whilst plundering, pillaging and such - (I come to my main point here) there are MULITPLE (damaged) government buildings all over North Africa. Sala, Tingis, etc. In Kirtin I found 3 type 3 damaged government bldgs. Of course I plundered these and I appreciate the free money, but why is this happening?

Anyway, if this has already been answered, that's cool - point me in the direction. I am happy to hear that Iberia will be getting more units in v 8. I played the "short campaign" and won (is that right that Pontos must be off'ed for me to win?).
    I enjoy the Iberia campaign, so when v 8 comes out I will start a new one. Any other factions having issues that you need put through their paces?

I try to be helpful - honestly I don't know how you guys do it. All your hard work is appreciated.
    Finished Campaigns
    Lusotannan 0.8
    Quarthadastim 0.8
    Sab'yn 1.0
    Romani 1.0
    Ongoing Campaigns
    Lusotannan 1.2

Long may the barbarians continue, I pray, if not to love us, at least to hate one another,seeing that, as fate bears remorselessly on the empire, fortune can offer no greater boon now than discord amoung our enemies - Tacitus

when a different faction takes a city, automatically the best govt for that faction is installed by scripts. If a city changes hands a lot, a number of government buildings may have accumulated. Each time a new one comes in the old one is damaged 100%, but it is still there. Just destroy them all (unless one is yours) when you capture the city. Enjoy the money! But otherwise don't worry about it.

playing as the romans in v74, I cannot build any troops in the city of Segastica - province Pannonia Illyrica. I checked out the recruitment list and its blank as far as the romans are concerned until after the marian reforms.

Gin Tonic Drinker Member iberus_generalis's Avatar
    Scallabis (mordern Santarém)- Lusitania(modern Portugal)

can anyone tell me when there is going to be the reforms? the polybian and marian? i eared something about 209 for polybians...but im already at 180BC...
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it"Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by iberus_generalis
    can anyone tell me when there is going to be the reforms? the polybian and marian? i eared something about 209 for polybians...but im already at 180BC...
    Have you turned the script on? To do so click on one of your buildings and the advisor should show up. Click on her and she will start talking about the Europa Barbarorum Background Script. Click on the Show Me button and that will run the script, which does most the new stuff in EB.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I noticed that as the aedui, when I took the west-most gallic city, the one where you have veneti baguadas to train, it says that you need a type 2 expansion government to train them but you can only build type 1,3 or 4 in that province. so in other words they are unusable in campaign since its the only place you can get them.

sorry i cant remember the name of the province d-_-b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12