Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drunkards Tavern

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Default Re: The Drunkards tThread.

Don't drink in a bad mood. It always makes it worse.

Alcohol, like the Santuri, can only be used when you are in the right mood. When you are unhappy, you are abusing the alcohol, or the Santuri. Hvae mercy on your bottle; show it kindness, and it will reward you. Bring it unhappiness, and it will only magnify your troubles.

I just rememberex this thread@! IT's friaday night! My friend droo0ve me home. I"m dru nk as hell. IEvne though I dfon't post here alot, I want you hguays to knw w hat theis means to me. To have some place whe re peopl e will actually listen to me when i' rrunk inestead o fo blweoing me off is a ddr eam come truew.

P.S. doews anyone else notice that when you're really hammered you just ahve the er nge to push down one key? like this ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mmm...

Renly,

Welcome to the drunkards threads! May you remain safe and post here many times again in the future.

Much thanks go to lords Kukri Khan and Ser Clegane for facilitating such a thread as this.

And I also have an urge to press one key, or just type penis in a random thread. For some reason I have found that absolutely hilarious when I am drunk. So I post it here instead of penising a thread, and stay out of trouble.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Last edited by Strike For The South; 01-17-2018 at 17:34.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I've known people killed by drunk drivers. IMO drunk driving should be equal to attempted murder, but don't let me ruin your fun...
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Im not advocationg that. Never drive drunk mine is just for transporting liqour

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    That's actually trouble for you? I've never gotten pulled over by a cop once, ever. I also drive 70 down 40 mph roads.

Ah, that's perfectly legal here !

Of course, 14y olds drinking themselves into a coma isn't surprising news here either...

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

He's underage, so possessing alcohol will get him in trouble and possibly get fine/jail for the person who he got it from, be it a buddy or a clerk who couldnt spot the fake ID.

Most cops I know who catch underagers in posession make them pour it all out on the side of the road, unless the kids are all drunk or doing other illegal things, or have an arrest record. There are a few cops, though, who will take everyone in the car to jail. Those cops all have shaved heads.

I don't know why I'm lurking the drunkards thread when I'm not drunk.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump
    He's underage, so possessing alcohol will get him in trouble and possibly get fine/jail for the person who he got it from, be it a buddy or a clerk who couldnt spot the fake ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME
    Ah, that's perfectly legal here !

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Well let’s see if I can cheer everyone up with a good drunken story: The day before last I was at a work conference where they had a reception with free drinks. Now I’m not sure how many I had but I was feeling pretty good drinking all the free Corona. When I got on the metro to take the 45 minute drive I was feeling good, had a big smile on my face and was enjoying the ride.

When I got to the transfer station to get onto the Green line I took the stairs down to the lower level. Lo and behold, there was a train waiting for me with open doors exactly where it needed to be.

So I get on the train, still feeling good; next thing I hear is: Next stop, Pentagon. Did I just hear that right? Sos I look around: Holy cow, where’s all the black people?! Why are there so many white people on my train!?!

Sure enough I was on the wrong train. The problem is that the message board on the outside of the train that would have normally said YELLOW wasn’t working!

Eventually I made it home, but my buzz didn’t make it with me.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Man that sucks. That's a long ride under the river. You should have grabbed some drop tanks for the trip.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

penis, penis, penis.

:) :):) :) :) :):) :):):):) :) :) :) :):):)

btw: since when is it allowed to drink drive? You can't have more then 0.8 promille or something. I believe.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gertgregoor
    penis, penis, penis.

:) :):) :) :) :):) :):):):) :) :) :) :):):)

btw: since when is it allowed to drink drive? You can't have more then 0.8 promille or something. I believe.
    I think 0.8 is way to much, though I don't know what the limit is....

EDIT: in Holland the limit is 0.5 promille.

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 05-11-2006 at 16:35.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Arbeit macht fleisch Member ScionTheWorm's Avatar

wow date with this girl tonight, she is so fine you wouldn't believe it. She likes me, but I don't like her too much, allthough she is absolutely awesome. What to do, what to do...

I feel the answer involves the word penis, but that would be grotesque. Guess I'll have to sleep at (with) it. Oh sorry I'm just a little boozy, off to bed
    Last edited by ScionTheWorm; 05-12-2006 at 00:29.

its .8 in TEXAS

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Not tonight, but last night... I think, and this is by looking in my wallet... I had 16 or so double G&Ts. I don't remember getting home, but somehow I did with all my belongings intact. Then, after waking my flatmates up, apparently I tried to go to sleep in the closet. Which would explain why my trousers were so hard to find today... the stonking great hangover didn't really help either.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Well, the friend who I chiefed decided he wanted to be friends after all. So we got absolutely ****faced. I extracted my revenge by getting bombed with him until 2am, knowing full well that he had to get up at 5am to take a brutal examination for a military leadership course. I am such a jerk. lol.

That was the most drunk I have been in a very very very long time. The owner of our favorite Sushi joint bought us a bottle of high quality Soju on the house. That was after the first bottle of Midnight Moon Sake. Then we picked up some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on our way home.

Whew. It took all day yesterday to recover. Just wiped out and dehydrated.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

its .8 in TEXAS
    I'm pretty sure you mean .08.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    Well, the friend who I chiefed decided he wanted to be friends after all. So we got absolutely ****faced. I extracted my revenge by getting bombed with him until 2am, knowing full well that he had to get up at 5am to take a brutal examination for a military leadership course. I am such a jerk. lol.
    HA! He got a perfect 100% on the test. That's ma boy. But he still suffered the whole day. What are friends for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    I'm pretty sure you mean .08.
    no we just kick that much ass

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

no we just kick that much ass
    Is it even possible to find your car with a rating of .8, let alone drive it ?

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

I think I've read about people getting arrested with over 1 promille

People have a hard time surviving with a BAC over .4%. Not .04%, .4%

Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    People have a hard time surviving with a BAC over .4%. Not .04%, .4%

Here.
    That calculator can't be right. I'm certainly not near death after having one pint every half-hour for 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by GoreBag
    That calculator can't be right. I'm certainly not near death after having one pint every half-hour for 3 hours.
    I agree:
    Based on your body weight of 200, your consumption of 20 beers, and your sex, your blood alcohol concentration is estimated to be 0.34 (Over 4 hours)

Huh? I do this fairly often enough.

Based on your body weight of 200, your consumption of 10 drinks of rum, and your sex, your blood alcohol concentration is estimated to be 0.21. (over 2 hours)

That seems fair enough.

According to that calculator I have a reading of 0.46 and I've only had 2 vodka's and an ice tea, mind you, as the kitchen is downstairs I drink my vodka by the pint

I have to study and drink at the same time. Started with a pint of some microbrew called "fat tire". It wasn't cheap and it sucked- should gone with an Arrognat Bastard. Oh well. I'm broke, so all my booze has to be cheap right now. Switching to bud light. I've an 18er of that.

Yay! Multinational Business Finance + Bud Light = GAH! Hooooooray for currency derivations.

I get the impression that the calculator is meant to dissuade college students from getting rowdy.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Yeah... I have had more than 10 shots of Tequila in one night- occasionally, a third of a quart- and I know that I have not come close to that level of BAC. Then again, I seem to have a remarkable tolerance for alcohol.

Hmmm... this thread has encouraged me to drink. I think I'll have some whiskey and ice.

Edit, 10 min. later: Mmmmmm.. Bushmill's and ice makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Although I now have decided to wear aviator glasses... at 12:40 in the morning.
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 05-14-2006 at 05:39.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast