Thread: Lord of the Rings mod creator interview!

Default Lord of the Rings mod creator interview!

The Chamber of Records - a site for all modifications for Lord of the Rings - has put up a new interview with wlesmana, creator of the The Lord of the Rings: Total War modification. He talks about the future of the LOTR mod, how he got into this crazy business and his tips for mod development:

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana
    If your first thought is “Full conversion!! New everything!! Hey, what’s a DMB?” then it’s probably a failure from the start.
    Read the interview here.

Download v1 of the LOTR mod here.

See the latest preview for v2 here.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Default Re: Lord of the Rings mod creator interview!

Thanks for putting this up, ER. I think perhaps my favourite part of the interview is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wlesmana
    I never thought I’d start The Lord of the Rings: Total War. I was planning to make only a mini-mod, with a faction of Gondorians in RTW. In fact, I was going to call it “Rome of the Rings” just to be silly. My modding folder in my PC is still called RomeoftheRings until this day.
    'Rome of the Rings'. Hehe, I'd play that.

Nice work!

I love this Mod! Especially one thing, i think the Nazgul-s need to be "cavalry" Pleeease!

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

The Nazgul will be cavalry in 2.0 as they will be generals.

uhmm cAn i asK??? after the installation of the mod how can i use it??
    because i cant understand some other instruction of some mods pls heLp me thx....

Chances are you installed it incorrectly. You have betetr chances of getting a more specific and faster response in LOTRTW forums: www.lotr-tw.net

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Chances are you installed it incorrectly. You have betetr chances of getting a more specific and faster response in LOTRTW forums: www.lotr-tw.net
    but their forums is inactive i see their post is almost 2 months old

Their official forums stiill have members logging on, which might be able to help.
    Anyway, the installation is rather simple. All you need to do is download and apply: 2.0b (base build), 2.04 (patch) and the Musicpack. The only thing you have to be careful with is pointing the installer to the location where *you* have installed RTW. By deafult Wlesmana's installers will put the files in Program Files/Rome - Total War, but your game would probably be installed at Program Files/Activision (or The Creative Assembly)/Rome - Total War.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland