Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Post Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Another great chapter of Armenian butt kicking! Can't wait for the invasion of Italy. it will be sad though to see it end.
    I'd hate to be a giraffe with a sore throat.
    Self-proclaimed member who wishes more than anyone else that they looked like their avatar 2007.

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

As said, another great installment my friend! Im gonna have to find a new AAR to fill my time when you finsh, and it'll be a sad day!!

Anyway, cant wait to see the Haystan destruction of Rome :D

And im off to install EOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

ha ha your not a Member Caeser The III's Avatar
    in the middle of nowhere O_o(you can call it Rome)

good job barbosa i realy like this thread

if you die on a elevator,make sure to press up

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and encouragement as we head towards the end of this lengthy chronicle. Particularly thanks to fate and dacdac for supporting me since the first days.

As some people have said that this AAR has inspired them to start their own, I'd like to take the opportunity to tip my hat to two great AAR writers whose work inspired me in turn.
    Maltz's RTW Stories series is a great read and pioneered the use of multiple screenshots with annotations here at the org. I particularly enjoyed his Numidian Story, but he also did others on the Julii and even on Armenia itself!
    Another famous and highly accomplished AAR is Artaserse's EB AAR, The Wasteland. Great fun, very very involved and graphically intensive, and gave me the idea of using some humorous speech bubbles in mine.

Right, now on with the business, hopefully next chapter will be the last!!

Summary for those who don't want to read the whole thing:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Brutii resistance in Greece crumbled as Thermon fell, bringing all Greece under Armenian control. As the Third Army kept the peace in North Africa with a series of victories over the Scpii, Emperor Liapos ordered the invasion of Italy. By the time the Emperor himself landed there, Armenian forces had secured Apulia and Bruttium, and Campania fell soon after. The road to Rome is open.

Chapter 23: Into Italy

Battle ratings:
    Thermon: *** (recommended)
    Sextus's Gamble: * (skippable)
    Manilius's Mania: * (skippable)

Part 1: Thermon I......Part 2: Thermon II......Part 3: Thermon III......Part 4: Hellenic Hayastan

Part 5: Sextus's Gamble......Part 6: Invasion Stations......Part 7: Manilius's Mania......Part 8: Scandalous Tastes
    ......................................................................................

See you all next time the Big Finale!!
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Another great read mate
    I cant wait for the final installment, its gonna be awesome, but also kinda sad!
    Currently playing EOD, and i think i might have to make an AAR based upon that, but as a faction closer to the satanae!!
    Either way, i'll definetly be here next week, and thatnks for all the entertainment dude!
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Another great installment, well done!

As many others have already stated - well done again! Looks like you have now reached the 'mopping up' stages of this war. Hail Armenia!!

Man has this been a long and highly praised composition. Its sad to see it end. They grow up so fast. Well Done Barbarossa. i think when its done im going to do a shout out thing in that frontroom celebration thread. Why not?
    Self-proclaimed member who wishes more than anyone else that they looked like their avatar 2007.

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

I have just read this enitire AAR over this past 2 nights, and I must Congratulations, this is amazing! can't wait to see rome fall!
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

I keep checking every day, i need my final fix of it barb!! *goes cold turkey* :P

Yeah Barb - what about it? Like Fate stated, I need a fix. I'm starting to break into cold sweats!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuperman
    I have just read this enitire AAR over this past 2 nights, and I must Congratulations, this is amazing! can't wait to see rome fall!
    Wow, that must have been quite a read! Glad you enjoyed it. Now, for everyone who's been demanding it, we come to it at last - the final, climatic conclusion to this AAR!! Together with the final installment, I'm presenting some "DVD extras" - an Epilogue, a downloadable family tree and a character info scroll

Chapter 24: The Day of Reckoning

Part 1: Family Fun......Part 2: Manilius's Last Gamble......Part 3: Latium I......Part 4: Latium II......Part5: Rome I

Part 6: Rome II......Part 7: Rome III......Part 8: Rome IV......Part 9: The End

Epilogue

The Empire and its Wonders......Virtual Tour of Antioch......Line of Kings/Ode to Armenia

Get your free Artaxiad-Gorneae Dynasty family tree here:..........And a signing-off tribute to my supporters
    ....................................................................................

It has been tremendous fun writing this AAR, thank you all very much for your kind support and compliments and I hope you all think of the glorious Artaxiad clan next time you fight Armenia in RTW! Thank you and goodnight!

Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Well all good things must come to an end. I enjoyed that. A bit sad to see the AI's lack of strategic awareness left them unable to fully defend their homelands, but that's RTW's AI for you.

You should have plenty of spare time on your hands now that's over. What's next then. A shave?
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Here Here Buddy!!
    A truely epic finish to a brilliant AAR.
    I aint had a chance to read the epilogue yet as im getting ready for college but i will read and comment on it by the end of the day mate! Nice work

EDIT: Just got in from college and checked out the epilogue dude, happy to see im in your retinue
    Also, i loved the little poem, made me giggle my tits off :)

I hope to see an AAR of yours sometime int he future dude, or maybe you'll see one of mine!

Anyway dude, until next time!
    Last edited by Fate; 03-14-2007 at 14:25.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

The DVD bonus is a great idea.
    Ending the AAR with the fall of Rome too.

Trully, "Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR" is the perfect example of what a AAR should be.
    I'm glad I could follow the story and wait eagerly for every new installment.

You deserve a crown of wreath for this AAR.
    or maybe not,
    because you set the standards very high for the people who want to follow your example.

Nice one mate, I never really took much interest in Hayasdan but you've presented it really well. Kudos to you
    "basileys agathocles dermatinos syrakousai"

Outstanding Indeed! 24 chapters PLUS extra bonus material! As Poulp' stated, a new bench-mark has been set for future AAR's.

Hail Armenia! Now we know the 'real' history of antiquity.

You can go back to your real life now - although I don't know what I'll do for entertainment during my lunch break at work. Thanks Man - this has been a tremendously fun and enjoyable read.

And, if after a month or two, you get motivated to write another AAR, please do! Tell us more about Numidia or the true and unknown history of Briton.

All the best!

Wonderful finish Barbarossa! Thanks for the AAR!

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Congratulations Barbarossa82! I can't wait to see any further campaigns from you.

The Rise & Expansion of your Empire has been gathering dust for some time so why not some of you check it out: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=70859

Thanks for the retinue Barbarossa82! I'm sure your influence should be a lot higher though with me as a retinue, i mean, come on, im important right?lol
    anyway, nice poem, good way to end it.
    Go Armenia! May your enemies become either dinner or protectorates. Though i doubt the latter would ever happen. Nice campaign!

Barbarossa,

An excellent conclusion to a superb, epic tale.

Thanks for keeping me enterntained throughout, a great literary work.

Nellup
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by professorspatula
    You should have plenty of spare time on your hands now that's over. What's next then. A shave?
    Never! If I lose my beard I'll lose my strength and be left vulnerable to my enemies.

Thanks to all of you for your generous reaction, I'm glad you enjoyed the AAR as much as I enjoyed writing it. My friends, family and employer have obtained a High Court injunction preventing me ever writing another, but I look forward to reading other people's, particularly césar victor's Germans and professor spatula's Dacians!

My Armenian AAR

Im sad to see it end but it was great while it lated well done.

Inflecto tenus rex of rex rgis
    Τόξο κάτω στο βασιλιά των βασιλιάδων.
    Im ο αυτοκράτορας και έχει τις λεγεώνες στην εντολή μου.
    Τα χίλια έθνη της ρωμαϊκής αυτοκρατορίας σας κατεβαίνουν opon.
    Ex tuo ipsius fato te Amor servare non potest.

\m/ ._. \m/ Member César Victor's Avatar

Wow, didn't expect the end so soon. I'ma copy all of em onto my memory stick so I can give em a proper read whenever I have free time. Any chance you could put them all in PDF format? It would be easier to store and read.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    Never! If I lose my beard I'll lose my strength and be left vulnerable to my enemies.

Thanks to all of you for your generous reaction, I'm glad you enjoyed the AAR as much as I enjoyed writing it. My friends, family and employer have obtained a High Court injunction preventing me ever writing another, but I look forward to reading other people's, particularly césar victor's Germans and professor spatula's Dacians!
    As I mentioned on the "A couple of questions" thread, I'm working hard on a Macedonian AAR now. Go check out the teaser trailer ;)

EDIT: Btw, I'da given you more than 1 influence ;)
    Last edited by César Victor; 03-18-2007 at 15:31.
    César Victor
    Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Hilarious stuff. Phaaraspa Phil! Instant Classic!

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Survivor of Grunwald Member ciprianrusu's Avatar

First of all i would like to thank barbarossa82 for this incredible AAR (the best i've ever read ). But there seems to some kind of a problem with some of the chapters. For instance the first, third, fourth, and the seventh, part of the 12'th chapter, are missing from ImageShack, and is very frustratig not to be able to read about the battle of cherssonesos
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Quote Originally Posted by ciprianrusu
    First of all i would like to thank barbarossa82 for this incredible AAR (the best i've ever read ). But there seems to some kind of a problem with some of the chapters. For instance the first, third, fourth, and the seventh, part of the 12'th chapter, are missing from ImageShack, and is very frustratig not to be able to read about the battle of cherssonesos
    Thank you ciprianrusu
    I don't know what's wrong with those chapters. Sometimes one or two of imageshack's servers go offline or are unreachable, but those pics actually seem to have been deleted somehow....if I get some time I'll try to sort that out.

My Armenian AAR

*shameless bump*

Although an oldie, this, together with "The world according to the Koinon" in the EB AAR section, is one of the most fun, most well written and enjoyful AAR i ever read. Congrats!

The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345