Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rise & Expansion of your Empire

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Default Rise & Expansion of your Empire

I have made this thread as there are no threads like this in the Colosseum which is a shame.

Post your screenshots of your RTW/BI/Alexander campaigns here

Default Re: Rise & Expansion of your Empire

Also say what mod your playing if any.

I am playing Darthmod 8.1 as the brutii, I've taken over all of macedon and greece, greece still excist for now I am slowly taking over gaul while an army marches over to thracian lands to remove them as a threat to rome.

The Senate told me to take segestica from macedon which was there last city and I got rewareded with war elephants!!

Carthage are taking the scipii to pieces which is good as there weak, Egypt is doing what it usually does and expanding but because of parthia they cannot go east. Germany are holding up againist britions chariots. Pontus have all of asia minor for now as when i have taken as much lands from gaul as i can i will send a few armies over there to increase my money and land. I attacked a general who was sitting outside of a fullstacked settlement so for a little fun i let my elephants take down the general.

And hald the army while there at it. (look at how much they killed)

The Marian reforms happened around 8/9 turns ago I cannot wait til I get to attack rome and the other roman families. Same for invading briton and germany.
    offline, i don't know how to play online - Some Random n00b. Maybe he was registered here.

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

I had an incredibly cool Armenian AAR going with proper written-up records. Then I accidentally saved over the campaign. And my last backup was weeks previously. I'm not happy. Still it's been a while and, the psychological wounds having healed, I might just have to restart it now so that I can post it here.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Ok here are the first few chapters from that Armanian AAR if anyone is interested. Artaserse's EB AAR was a big inspiration for the speech-bubble-style presentation, although my own is nowehere near as funny.

Chapter 1: introduction...............Chapter 2: The Family.........Chapter 3: First expedition

Chapter 4: Phraaspa I...............Chapter 5: Phraaspa II............Chapter 6: Fruits of Victory

Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

the bit thats quite close to Essex, but honestly is London, UK

Well Barbarossa,

Im at work and like to just skim over some of the posts made and see how its all going, but I have looked at your work, and am very impressed.
    Great job

Im going to leave this till I'm all comfy at home and read this properly.

just thought I'd say a pre-well done.
    Let us create BEDLAM

"We will screw them hard, fast, and in an elegant manner."
    Major General Haim

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?

Thanks for your kind comments
    I haven't decided yet whether or not to ressurect this AAR as it means re-conquering a lot that I had already done, but just getting those pics ready made me quite enthusiastic again!

My Armenian AAR

You should and make a single post on everything you do.
    offline, i don't know how to play online - Some Random n00b. Maybe he was registered here.

barb , make it bigger i cant read the image shack stuff

If you click o the thumbnails and get a non-maximised window, you might need to refresh it after maximising in order to see the images at full size. They are actually pretty large. 749 x 1078)

My Armenian AAR

Those are great, Barbarossa! You should definitely make more! I really enjoy reading things like that, and you're very good at writing them.

the bit thats quite close to Essex, but honestly is London, UK

Well Barb, you talented lil begger.

I finally got a chance to sit and read your work, and you do a great job. I really hope you get to continue, this is a very interesting read, and not only do I enjoy your work, it gives me a new view to my own campaign.

Looking forward to more....
    Let us create BEDLAM

"We will screw them hard, fast, and in an elegant manner."
    Major General Haim

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?

Well, thanks very much
    I'll probably make a new thread and put some of the rest in there. Plenty of graphic violence and alcoholism in there!

My Armenian AAR

Barbarossa82, your Armenian campaign is looking great!

ya, its looking great barbarossa. as i dont have any things to add at this time, here is something i found at total war center. it is a very good read, in the same make as a book.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65512

here is another link chronicling someones rise to power as carthage. it is a series of movies.

http://pic5.piczo.com/PoorNagusKeckP...=22848601&cr=5

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Hi

In my defensive German campaign the two super powers are Egypt and Scipii. Here my agents influence the epic struggle that is going on between them.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Quote Originally Posted by Severous
    Hi

In my defensive German campaign the two super powers are Egypt and Scipii. Here my agents influence the epic struggle that is going on between them.
    Now that is something i newer seen Egypt in the steps
    But what amazes me is that the Julii Stil didn´t conquere Mediolandum
    Can you post how is the diplomatic situation in this campaing? (I meen who is in war/alliance whit who?)

I'll work on my current campaign information tommorow

I'll put up screens of my Julii and Greek campaigns if anyone's interested.

Julii: I've been going around conquering various lands to gain wealth, as my current lands were low on $. provinces such as Rhodes, Lycia and Crete were added for trade and income reasons, as well as Thessalia, Attica, Peloponesia, and Laconia. the legendary city of Sparta was a tough fight, but well worth it. with the capture of Corinth, the Statue of Zeus fell into Roman Julii control, as well as the Colossus at Rhodes, and the great Mosuleum at Halicarnassus. the lands of Cispalene Gaul, Venetia, Liguria, Lugdinensis, Transpalene Gaul, Illyria, Narbonensis, Corsica and Sardinia provided more land for my Julii faction. Britannia took the lands from Central Gaul to Agri Decumates, and all the provinces above it, making Britannia a threat, this pushed Germania back into the many rebels provinces which it quickly took behind it. I'm headed towards Spain, and will take the last two Gallic strongholds of Aquitania, and Celtiberia. the Greek Cities have fallen to the Julii, the Macedonian's land was pushed back by the Julii and Brutii to Macedonia, Paionia, & Propontis. they enetered a war with Thrace and now are in a 3 sided war.

Greek Cities: I got ridiculously rich after I took Corinth, Nicomedia, Halicarnassus, Athens, Larissa, Tessalonica, Propontis, Lilybaeum & Messana. getting up to 92,754 denarii a turn! being so wealthy I conquered all of Thrace, Macedon & Dacia, as well as the last nearby rebels, I then elimanated the Brutii and Scipii with ease at Tarrentum, Croton, & Capua. after a series of huge battles with the Senate the mighty city of Rome itself fell. the Julii are the only Roman faction left, and with the Senate's fall, they've exploded into Gaul, Iberia, Germania, Hibernia, & Britannia, making them a worthy foe for my empire. strange that even though we're at war we've never fought a single land battle. I then saw the Julii taking the Numidian provinces in Africa, so I responded by taking the Carthaginian lands in Africa to prevent from being surrounded, with our massive empires and huge armies so close to each other a conflict is inevitable, we're pretty much equal in every term, land, money, and troops.

once I figure out how to edit the screen's file type I'll post some, I don't have photoshop, and paint won't open it.
    http://z8.invisionfree.com/Ages_of_Conflict/index.php?
    - check out my brand new historical ancient war discussion site!

Doesn't anyone out there have any stories about the rise & expansion of their Empire?

\m/ ._. \m/ Member César Victor's Avatar

I'm currently writing an AAR for my German campaign but each time I see Barbarossa's, I want to crawl into a hole and leave it stored in My Documents. I'ma get a few written so I'm under no pressure to write more- I'm finding I don't have much time for playing RTW and writing my AAR difficult with the amount of rl work mounting up.

Here's a brief summary of my empire at the moment;

Date: 248. My German kingdom, still under the rule of the original leader Arminius (now aged 86), stretches from Lemonum in the west to the Thracian towns of the west. Almost all of northern Europe is mine and I am rapidly and mercilessly working my way through the lands.

My major fronts are the Gaul-Julii front near Spain and the Scyth-Thracian front on the west. My current aim is to use my Gaulic towns of Narbo Martius and Massila to produce troops that will- eventually- sack and capture Italy. I am also demolishing and rebuilding my Thracian town (Polissium, I think it's called) which I have recently captured. This will be my gateway to the east and the Greek cities to the south.

I am happier at this point than I was in my Julii campaign. The Romans are yet to seriously hassle me and I think I can cause some serious harm to them before the Marius reforms kick in. This should give me the advantage I need when I get to the tough 200BC-150BC period.

I currently have 21 provinces under my control. About 5 of them are in immediate danger- the rest are secure and happy.
    César Victor
    Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

King of Randomness Member nara shikamaru's Avatar
    Doing the fan dance with Richard the Lionheart.

Thought I'd share something I started yesterday/ today.... darn time zones, anyway I started a campaign as the brits, after seeing the Casse in Europa barbarorum, and i intentionally let all my settlements bu Londinium rebel, i wanted to see if i could recapture Britannia, and Hibernia with such small settings, now i did use the money cheat, but only to give myself 5000 denari for when i started to go forward with the campaign, as of now, i'm going off to reclaim Deva, just cuz i need the money. Well thats it, time to show those rebels whose in control

Also how do i take a screen shot? I know how for MTW, but not RTW?
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know where to hide the bodies."

Exclamation Re: Rise & Expansion of your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Severous
    Hi

Hey - that spy looks strangely familiar.

Now we know what Barbarossa82 does when he is not working on his great AARs!
    ---
    Now comes the hour when we taste ROMAN CURRY!!!

I was just topping up my tan.

My Armenian AAR

Post Re: Rise & Expansion of your Empire

Hi nara shikamaru,
    To take screenshot you have to press the "Print Screen" key which is located in the top of the section between the numeric pad and the letter keys. The screenshot is then stored in either "C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome - Total War/tgas" if you have standard R:TW (not Gold) and in "C:/Program Files/The Creative Assembly/tgas" if you do have Gold.

After that you may notice that you cannot open these files. To open them you need to covert them to jpgs or a similar format using this program. Instructions for it's use can be found here.

I look forward to seeing your screenies, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Will make a history of the Brutii empire soon.

Cmon, make an history of your Empire!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Good to see you about again Barb!
    Its been a while since ive seen you trotting around the .org
    Everytime i start up a new campaign, im always tempted to hit up armenia, as a little tribute to your good self! I'd love it if you were to start a new campaign as well, be it as a continuation of the Haystan glory, or as different faction, any AAR with your literary style is always a privelege my good friend! :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Hi

Completed the Western Roman Empire campaign in Barbarian Invasion.

VH/Vh settings. 13 turns.

Didnt fight a single barbarian horde. Nearest was against the Franks. Forced that faction to turn into a horde when I captured their only city. Instead of fighting mighty Rome the Frank horde went north and fought Saxons. Vandals were approaching me as the game ended...you can just see the yellow star on the map. Huns got no where near me.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

I'm playing RTW v1.5 with Bugfixer (compiled by player1) and Vanilla Balance Mod 4.0 (created by Barbarossa82).

In this mod, Carthage begins the game with Carthago Nova, and also has the new province of Numidia Punica, with it's provincial capital at Hippo Regius, and Corsica, with it's provincial capital at Alalia.

They've also been given trainable archers, and scutarii, very similiar to the Spanish Mercenaries they've always had access to in Southern Iberia.

The Rise of Carthage
    270-260 BC

King Hanno was already an elderly man when he acceded to the throne. He had seen much in his days, and he knew above all else, that Carthage must build it's military and economic infrastructure if it was to compete with the Juggernaut that was becoming Rome.

Having overseen the construction of an immense fortress on the border of the lands between Punic Sicilia, and Roman Sicilia, Hanno then departed for his capital from Sicily to oversee the expansion of the empire's infrastructure.

Carthage was a vast, ancient land, even in Hanno's days, and the Capital City of Carthage was old and wealthy beyond measure. However, Carthage had a relatively small landowning class. It had always been Carthage's navy that had been their primary defence force. Hanno knew his immediate predecessors had not kept it up to standard, and the entire navy would have to be refitted and reorganized. This would be done as soon as sufficient ports could be constructed, as the old ones were deemed too delapidated to be of much use.

Hanno was blessed by Baal with many sons. His eldest son, and heir to the throne, Hasdrubal, was a talented military commander, and was given the governorship of the provinces of Sardinia and Corsica. His son Burrhus, was given the governorship of Byzacium, with it's capital at Thapsus. His son Theophanes, another extremely skilled military commander, was given providence over the the southern Iberian lands centered around the cities of Carthago Nova and Corduba.

In 268, a fourth son Bomikar, came of age, and was given the small but strategically important province of Numidia Punica, with it's capital at Hippo Regius. Also in that year, young Roxanne was betrothed by a young up an' c'mer named Ashztaph Oea (3 stars), who was 5 years her senior. He was given the title of Head of the Second Carthaginian Army, which was being developed in Carthage at the same time.

In the following years, alliances were established with the Greek Cities and Numidia, and alliances were offered but refused by the Celtic tribes of northern Iberia (Gaul, Spanish). Hanno ordered the river crossings in central Iberia fortified within 5 years. Theophanes set out at once to oversee the building projects in the north, and to prepare for what Hanno suspected the ruthless barbarians were planning.

In 265, the Romans (Julii) landed a large invasion force in Southwestern Corsica, only a weeks march from the provincial capital of Alalia. Hasdrubal's men were in the process of erecting rudimentary defenses when the messenger arrived with news. Realising that his meager peasant defense force was no match for the Romans, Hasdrubal decided to evacuate as many people as he could to the ships, and make for the island of Corsica.

The Southern Roman(Scipii) forces' invasion plans into Sicilia Poeni were frustrated by the large fortifications Hanno had built a few years prior. So, in 264, they decided to invade the Southeastern part of Sicilia, which was then owned by the Greek Cities, a league of independent Greek Polis which had come together for mutual protection against the threats of Rome and the Successor States. Hanno ordered the Second Carthaginian Army to Sicily, to support the First Carthaginian Army, currently under the control of a professional soldier. The following spring, Ashztaph, now the overall supreme military commander of Carthaginian forces in Sicilia, led his Second Army to lift the Roman siege of Syracuse driving them north towards Messana.

It was at this time that Ashztaphes ordered both armies to besiege the Roman Stronghold. They would take it six months later, although with substantial losses.

In 260, two new fleets(1Trireme,3 biremes each) were commissioned. One was sent north, to deal with the Julii navies, while the other would head east, to blockade the ports on the Italian mainland, and frustrate Roman fleets heading to reinforce their besieged Sicilian stronghold.

Finally, in the same year, the Julii forces pulled their army out of Alalia, leaving a small garisson, and landed in northern Sardinia. The hastily raised IDF (Island Defense Force) under Hasdrubal met them in the field, and scored a decisive victory, killing a Roman General to boot. Recieving messages from loyal Corsicans on the small Garrison in Alalia, Hasdrubal retook the island within six months.

Meanwhile, all was not quiet in the West. In Iberia, the Treacherous Gauls and Spanish formed an alliance, and declared war on Carthage. The Viceroy of Iberia, Theophanes, decisively defeated a huge Gallic invasion force in 259 BC

That's where I am now. I have screenshots but I forgot how to add them, so if someone could remind me....that would be great. Thanks for your time.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

https://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?...0050629hv9.png
    Here is my current Greek campaign only julii remain of the damn Romans im looking to take over Egypt and Turkey soon.BTW playing on Darth mod 8.1.

Inflecto tenus rex of rex rgis
    Τόξο κάτω στο βασιλιά των βασιλιάδων.
    Im ο αυτοκράτορας και έχει τις λεγεώνες στην εντολή μου.
    Τα χίλια έθνη της ρωμαϊκής αυτοκρατορίας σας κατεβαίνουν opon.
    Ex tuo ipsius fato te Amor servare non potest.

it seems it is so interesting here,i think i will post my battle stories here until i get my print screen function done............
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast