Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roma Interactive

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Default Re: Roma Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Flaminius
    I will invade Russia.

And, i will send diplomats to Armenia and Gaul for alliance.

I cant trust the alliance Thraco-Roma.At this moment, Roma and Thrace will be neutral.At this moment.
    I accept your offer of a alliance

An alliance between the people of Thraco-Dacia and the tribes of the Gauls? It is a most welcome thing, especially in times of great battles.

The Gauls are also thankful to the Bretons for their offer of assistance, and also bind themselves in kind, to aid the Bretons in their wars, whatever they may be.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

We can spare a contingent of Chariots!
    If you need them, wait for them on the North Coast.
    We are always happy to help our Celtic brothers defeat the Romans. They think they are so good, calling us the heathens and calling us cruel and foreign. They believe themselves to be cultured, hmmf! They kill perfectly good slaves! What a waste! Romans are the bastard children of the Trojans! We know what happened to the Trojans: simple ingenuity destroyed them, so, use your head against these Romans, who are too busy quabbling over internal power to realise what a threat we who stand together against the filthy Romans pose. Latinum shall fall! Rome shall be sacked, burnt and burnt again! Onward, my brothers!

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Rome is being ganged up on, Parthia thinks not good about other nations ganging up, Parthia thinks it is lucky we are in Asia rather then with you War mongers!

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Rome deserves to fall. They have plucked one string too many.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

When?

......I mean they are being insolent and need to be put in their place.

Well if I was near Rome I would help them, but I am in Asia so (Secretly) YES!!THEY CANT GET ME! ( Realises everyone is watching) What? Anyway, Roma does not deserve it as much as some of ya's!

they will get thier share soon enough I suppose. This alliance cant last forever. Untill then, I suppose, I will just sit and wait. I will follow your heed, Oh wise man of Parthia, and withdraw my agression from the Romans. I will not help them yet, however. I do not believe they wolud even let me. I will drop from the gret alliance.

Thankyou for showing ways of Peace, Parthia hopes the Romans will spare you

no. Nuetral now. I never officially declared war. I just now dropped my alliance with the rest of em.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Just to clarify: are you still allied with Ptolemies & Macedonia? Neither of them is attacking the Romans.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

I shall remain allied o the non- agressors. So, If they are not attacking rome, then yes, I shall remain allied with them. I propose an alliance with Parthia.

And Parthia accepts your offer

May our nations prosper greatly from this venture.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

now, what we are waiting for?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

somebody else to post. thank you for brking the stagnation, Caius.

The Seleucid Empire has been facing much protest. Rebellion has occured, but has been putten down. The Seleucids need to crush any rebellion in order to continue it's iron grip of their empire. If not, your empire will be torn into civil war.

Carthage, it is now or never. Either you attack the Romans or you will not get any of that fertile latin land.
    I urge you to fight up through Sicily, to at least Capua and put pressure on the Roman scum.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Rome is no scum! if you come to face the Parthian Empire, I swear Parthia will not let you come out of Parthia without a few thousand men DEAD!

Parthia, I have no qaulm with you and you are on the other side of the world! I would never enter your lands. We must crush the Romans as soon as possible.
    Romans, sail back to Troy! Then we will spare you. Gaul from the North, Etruscans from the East, your own back-stabbing, easily corruptible beauracracy inside Rome, there is no where to go.

Argh, but Parthia will welcome them!

I have spoken. I will not attack Rome. I must usher you into peace. You have little cause to hate the Romans. Not enough to destroy them. If you pursue your agressions I may have to help out the Romans.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

To this moment, We, The Thracians and the Dacians, not see profitable an war.

To this moment, the allies will remain allies, and the factions we have not talked with are neutral

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Just give it time. The power hungry Romans will soon attack and you'll have wished that you could have this moment back! But not for the Celts, we (the Gauls, too, I said Celts) will not be left wondering why in our old age. They disgust me with their talks of how we, the non-romans and moreso the Celts , are uncivilised and digusting, no better than animals!

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Flaminius
    To this moment, We, The Thracians and the Dacians, not see profitable an war.

To this moment, the allies will remain allies, and the factions we have not talked with are neutral
    As you see no fighting, we have no qualm. I propose an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishArmenian
    Just give it time. The power hungry Romans will soon attack and you'll have wished that you could have this moment back! But not for the Celts, we (the Gauls, too, I said Celts) will not be left wondering why in our old age. They disgust me with their talks of how we, the non-romans and moreso the Celts , are uncivilised and digusting, no better than animals!

You leave me no choice but to help defend the Romans. You may expect troop shipments on the Italian pininsula shortly.
    Last edited by Motep; 01-01-2007 at 21:34.

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

This is a interesting turn of events

I'll see how this plays out

Quote Originally Posted by Motep dra Uha Dnia Mazzat
    As you see no fighting, we have no qualm. I propose an alliance.

You leave me no choice but to help defend the Romans. You may expect troop shipments on the Italian pininsula shortly.
    That is regrettable. But your elephants cannot get to Brittania.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishArmenian
    That is regrettable. But your elephants cannot get to Brittania.
    I know. I do not plan on destroying you. Just on repelling you from the italian pininsula.

Signifer, Cohors II Legio II Member Comrade Alexeo's Avatar

Senate
    Roma
    Roman Republic

There was a mild breeze following the Carthaginian diplomat as he entered the hallowed chambers of the Roman Senate. It ruffled his tunic, and it ruffled his mind.

He shivered involuntarily, at first because he was used to warm winds off the desert - not chilling zephyrs off the Tiber River. But as he walked inside the cool marble walls of the Senate, the shivers began not just to go across his skin, but down his spine as well.

Deserted. Completely deserted.

Had he forgotten his appointment time?

No, no, surely not...

...he was being set up...

...filthy Roman curs...

...there, right there!

ASSASSIN!

The diplomat pulled out a concealed knife and pointed it at the man stepping out from the shadows...

...wearing a toga.

"I thought the Carthaginians knew better than that?" the man said, gesturing to the knife in the emissary's hands.

Flushing, he queried: "Consul... Consul Marcus Atilius Regulus?"

The man bowed. "That I am. And you must be the man from Carthage, yes?"

Lousy Romans, can't bother to remember names! "Indeed! I am Ambassador-"

Marcus cut him off with a raised hand. "You may dispense with the pleasantries, emissary. Let's get on with it."

"...after which of course we will withdraw our troops," finished the Carthaginian, explaining how his leaders wished to send troops to Italia to aid the Romans against the Gauls and Pyrrhus of Epirus.

Marcus simply stared at the emissary. He did this for quite a long time, and the diplomat began to feel increasingly uncomfortable (an emotion which had been steadily developing over the past hour with the Consul). Marcus' eyes bored into those of the Carthaginian, who wished but at the same time feared to look away.

What was he playing at?

He was just... staring.

And...

...staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

...and staring...

The Carthaginian nearly screamed, but finally Marcus did something else.

He started laughing. It was a loud, full, booming laugh that echoed in the Senate's chambers, amplifying them till it seemed as if all of Roma could hear, and even all of Carthage, and even the Gods themselves as the Consul just kept laughing...

...and...

...laughing...

...and laughing...

...and laughing...

...and laughing...

...and laughing...

...and laughing...

The Carthaginian nearly turned and walked away, convinced that this man was surely

"Mad! Hehehe... are you... are you MAD? Hahahahahahahaha..."

Marcus had been laughing so hard that he was crying, and he used a handkerchief to wipe away his tears and mucus - to the disgust of the Carthaginian emissary - as he continued, his speech broken up by laughter:

"Heh... you want me...hahaha... you want me to author-AHAHAHA-authorize the deployment of... of Car-harharharhar- Carthaginian forces...hahahahaha... in Italia-hahahaha?"

"Er, well, yes-"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Well! We only seek to help-"

"HAHAHAHAHA! Help? Help? Hahahaha... and, and, and your idea of he-hehehehehe of help is sending an hahahahahaharmy to our lands?"

"Er, well, yes-"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You... you must surely be joking! Hehehehee... do you think thahahahat you would allow Roman troops on hahahahaha your soil?!"

"No, of course not!"

The ambassador realized his mistake, and quickly sputtered, " I... I mean... er..."

Suddenly, instantly, Marcus stopped laughing and once again looked at the Carthaginian with eyes that, although moments before were filled mirth, were now only filled with fire.

"Let me make this quite clear to you, ambassador. No son of Carthage will ever enter Roman lands under arms!"

Taken aback by the rage behind the statement, the Carthaginian diplomat froze, quite literally in terror.

But once again, Marcus' expression changed to one of calm and intelligence.

"Now, of course, Roma understands the underlying message that you have portrayed, the core of what your leadership is saying, and of course we are most glad that Carthage wishes to aid Roma in a spirit of... of Trojan brotherhood. I can easily see Carthage donating support to us in the form of, say, naval protection, or monetary resources - perhaps, even, a joint move against Epirus when and if the time and situation seems right. These are things that, of course, require further negotiation - unless you feel that you dictate policy for your kings?"

This was a stab at his earlier blunder, and the ambassador failed to stop himself from blushing crimson. Before he could form even the weakest of rebuttals, Marcus continued.

"So, of these things mentioned, we might speak. But under no circumstances will we entertain the notion of Carthaginian forces landing in Italia! Is that clear?"

The Carthaginian nodded. Marcus stood and bowed, and the emissary did likewise. He turned and began to walk as quickly as he could without seeming to out of this nightmarish building.

Just before he reached the marble steps outside, he heard Marcus' voice, seemingly loudly yet quietly at the same time, saying:

"And if you ever return to the Senate armed, I will kill you."

At this point the emissary dropped all pretenses and began to sprint.

Marcus chuckled quietly to himself, pleased.

Ah, politics... it is only a game. Politics is just a game."

Signifer Titus Vorenus
    Cohors II Legion II
    Triana Fortis

http://www.geocities.com/tuccius2112...ianaindex.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast