Thread: Squid

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Default Squid

http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/TePapa/Eng...ColossalSquid/

Y'all remember the collossal squid story from a while back. Just to update you, in a move which surely proves they have never watched The Thing, NZ scientists have started to defrost its frozen body. On Wednesday, they plan to dissect it.

Yeah, right. Lets put it like this, when 500 kilos of enraged squid climbs out of the tank and starts feeding on the ape-men , you can watch it live on the webcams above.

Squid quote of the day : "its a nasty aggressive sort of squid... a gelatinous blob with seriously evil arms on it. If the new specimen was cut into squid rings, they would be size of tractor tyres, although they would taste like ammonia "

Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Default Re: Squid

Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    I just get over "If America's robot warriors run on Windows, my money's on the starving, rock-armed peasants" and you throw this at me.

For shame.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Looks like a little squid in a bathtub. Maybe its just the camera angle...

EDIT: I wonder if it can swing across tree branches like the one from that BBC programme.
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 04-29-2008 at 22:38.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

It has been observed. Hello Kitty [TM]is onto it.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone
    So um, how long have you been a squid?
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

It's Welsh for "the squid master cometh". Resistance is futile.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    It's Welsh for "the squid master cometh". Resistance is futile.
    Quite. I've seen The Thing in 1984 on video, on a couch and on some serious drugs, and found it enormously funny. So I'm looking forward to the take-over.

*goes looking for stash*
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Squid

If the new specimen was cut into squid rings, they would be size of tractor tyres, although they would taste like ammonia "
    Ammonia? That's what the non-initiated claim truffles smell like too, and I'd fight a squid barehanded over a few gramms of those. So I welcome this promising new sea fruit and I don't care what depravity lurks in the hearts of these monsters of the deep. Nothing matches the fighting skills and depravity of a Frenchman with the promise of exciting new tastes. I'll fatten up their livers and eat them raw.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Squid

I've seen Chinese banquets... I think they make the French look timid.

Having a fish with its side fillet cut out, cut into sashimi slices and then placed back on the fish. Thats fine, pity that the fish is still alive.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Squid

Ammonia? That's what the non-initiated claim truffles smell like too, and I'd fight a squid barehanded over a few gramms of those. So I welcome this promising new sea fruit and I don't care what depravity lurks in the hearts of these monsters of the deep. Nothing matches the fighting skills and depravity of a Frenchman with the promise of exciting new tastes. I'll fatten up their livers and eat them raw.
    Soon to come: massive squid-breeding farms in Burgondy. Organics.

"this squid has some taste of violet and grape, it's a Couille-sur-Ouche 2009, a Chateau Dushnock de Larfriche-Poirot. Une Ode à notre terroir, mieux, un poèèèèèèème! An anthem dedicated by our land, our history and the knowledge of our men (and a few illegal immigrants who clean our squid-pools too) who inseminate their products with their genius to Create the taste of blablablablabla....."
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 04-30-2008 at 00:28.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

The Chinese and the French will pretty much eat anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Thumbs up Re: Squid

And when it comes to seafood so will the Kiwis:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environme...234925102.html

Mark Fenwick, a technician at Wellington's Te Papa Tongarewa Museum where the squid will be housed, admitted that scientists had yesterday snacked on part of another colossal squid being examined today.

"It was almost like a tua tua, you know a cockle. It was very nice. It left a real taste in your mouth and stayed for quite a while," he said.

"It was very much like [sashimi]. This is a gourmet meal. I don't know anyone else who has eaten Mesonychoteuthis."

Dr O'Shea said eating the squid was one way to determine whether the colossal type had ammonia in its system, as the giant squid does.

"The interesting thing about it is that it was non-ammoniacal. It tasted good, apparently," he said.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by drone

That ain't Welsh...

It was found in the south Pacific wasn't it?

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Ah, but my Mum is Welsh and my Dad is a New Zealander. So I too welcome our new squid overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    Ah, but my Mum is Welsh and my Dad is a New Zealander. So I too welcome our new squid overlords.
    Does that make you an Inklish Subject?
    This space intentionally left blank

I have an inkling of what you are talking about.

Ah, so the dye is cast then. Not trying to colour your opinion or anything.

Let's not go overlord on the squid jokes -this shallow humour is unbefitting the so-called Monster of the Deep.

Once Gregoshi spreads his tentacles over a thread, Inklish is torn asunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian II
    Once Gregoshi spreads his tentacles over a thread, Inklish is torn asunder.
    What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good pun...or a bad one.

Cool Re: Squid

Another puntastic smear campaign of the squids!

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Reminds me of the sick squid someone owes me.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Squid pro quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey S
    Reminds me of the sick squid someone owes me.
    Brilliant.