Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Out of character thread II

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Out of character thread II

Actually, I have another way in mind of abusing power, so kindly refrain from making these new Amendments until I actually abuse it.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight
    Something to keep in mind, is that the Prinz will often be a Duke, as it is now. Perhaps 3 out of 4 Dukes then?
    Not true actually. The Prince will be determined by the AI, since the &%$#$! game doesn't allow us to choose heirs anymore. Under the current system, that means the oldest natural born son, if there is one. If not, then it goes to the oldest adoptee, etc. Henry's oldest son (Hans) will come of age in 14 turns. If Heinrich lives that long, Hans will automatically become the next Prince when he eventually dies. I don't expect Hans to be Duke of Swabia at the age of 18 though. I would not be surprised if the Prince was just a Count.

For the record, I doubt the game will see more than 3 Emperors. It's definitely going slower than WOTS, but in that game we still had three of the original avatars alive at the end.
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-12-2007 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight
    Of course GH has shown great restraint in not using the full power of the Emperor to advance Heinrich's personal agenda. If he had been more Machiavellian, he could have traded promises of land for edict votes and such. We should keep in mind when considering changing the Emperor's powers that many different people will hold the office. Each of those people will have a different style of play.
    Have you ever wondered where the votes for Heinrichs Chancellorship have come from?
    I am not against GHs style of play, if anything I love it, and I think he's using is powers quite well and still I have the feeling that this is not quite enough for an Emperor, so I think there should be a way to boost his powers.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    Not true actually. The Prince will be determined by the AI, since the &%$#$! game doesn't allow us to choose heirs anymore. Under the current system, that means the oldest natural born son, if there is one. If not, then it goes to the oldest adoptee, etc. Henry's oldest son (Hans) will come of age in 14 turns. If Heinrich lives that long, Hans will automatically become the next Prince when he eventually dies.
    I thought it was the oldest son regardless whether adopted or natural? So Sigismund would become heir.
    And (sadly) I think GH will pass in 12 turns max. I only ever had 1 emperor live to the age of 63. Having him live to 62 is already quite a feat if most die at 60.5 or 61, unless the next chancellor (not this one) wants to keep loading the previous autosave to force the emperor to live longer (or shorter if he so desires)
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 03-12-2007 at 21:35.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    And (sadly) I think GH will pass in 12 turns max. I only ever had 1 emperor live to the age of 63. Having him live to 62 is already quite a feat if most die at 60.5 or 61.
    A Kaiser, FactionHeir, is never young. Nor is he old. He dies precisely when he means to.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Mind dying at age 62.5 or later then please? I want to see whether TinCow or I am right on the heir assumption :)

If you stick around long enough, I might even vote you at the next diet for chancellor! :D
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Time for a new thread - we've exceeded 20 pages.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021