Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: City Mod

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

Default Re: City Mod

oh NOES!

The capital of the world now cannot grow to huge!

this is bad news indeed.

the citizens shall weep throughout the night for this blasphemy!

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

If you want, you can go to the descr_regions.txt and add the 'huge' hidden resource the Pella, delete the map.rwm, and have the changes midcampaign.

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

oh cool, maybe they wont be weeping tonight after all.

Hey, i downloaded tyour mod to use for MP, and uninstalled it, but my Getic Cities are still limited, and not only that, they limit what i can build and recruit that is alrerady in EB 1.0... which fuckin sucks so i want to know how to permenantly remove your mod, so ic an recruit my good troops and build the huge temples, as it is in regular EB 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius marcus
    Hey, i downloaded tyour mod to use for MP, and uninstalled it, but my Getic Cities are still limited, and not only that, they limit what i can build and recruit that is alrerady in EB 1.0... which fuckin sucks so i want to know how to permenantly remove your mod, so ic an recruit my good troops and build the huge temples, as it is in regular EB 1.0
    There shouldn't be any recruitment restrictions...

There is no uninstaller. If you want to remove it, you'll have to delete all of EB and reinstall. To make it easier, you could just extract the original EB folder for the installer using 7-zip and save it over your pre-exsisting version of EB (avoiding all of the uninstall/reinstall of the installer exe).

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you do that and install the original over a folder with this mod in it, make sure to delete the map.rwm after doing everything.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 11-22-2007 at 21:04.

I don't think it's savegame compatible, so if you started your game with city mod, then revert back to the original file, the city mod resources file will still be active in your campaign. City mod does not limit what units can be created, and most buildings can be built in large cities.

And from what I can tell from your tone, don't blame your ignorance on the mod creator, he's put a lot of hard work in, and if it fucking sucks, think before downloading a mod next time.

I love the mod, but I have one question/request. Is it possible for this mod to be made compatable with CirdanDharix's EB tweaks mod? If so, could you do it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by icydawgfish
    I love the mod, but I have one question/request. Is it possible for this mod to be made compatable with CirdanDharix's EB tweaks mod? If so, could you do it? Thanks!
    What all does that change? I thought that was mostly unit changes, which shouldn't conflict...

I'll post a link. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94823

He said it was incompatable with your mod because he edited the same filees as you did. But correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just add the city size hidden resources? If this could be verified as compatable, or made compatable, that would rock my socks off.

I changed the descr_regions.txt (designating what town gets what size) and the export_descr_buildings.txt (restricting palace construction and changing a dozen or so bonuses on random structures), that is all.

Smile Re: City Mod

Marcus, my friend, I saw City Mod script's I really liked it.. but why do we need map.rwm?

Also, I wanted to ask, could it work to make the script like this:

Attike
    Athenai
    greek_cities
    Athenaioi
    58 177 106
    lead, silver, iron, olive_oil, bigport, tradeport, variantgr, SW, C, y1, y2, n4, y8, city, large, huge, italy, royal_barracks
    and in exp_b_txt

}
    royal_barracks_A1 requires factions { seleucid, } and building_present_min_level government gov1 and building_present_min_level hinterland_reforms1 romani1 and not building_present_min_level hinterland_reforms1 romani2 and
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus 2
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    recruit "roman missile accensi" 0 requires factions { seleucid, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8 and hidden_resource royal_barracks

so that shoul also work??

Also, can you pleas upload some screen's of C_map? I would relly like to see what is happening?

thank you
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

It has a map.rwm because I made changes to the descr_regions. The mod will not work unless you have a map.rwm generated with the new descr_regions.txt, so I added a map.rwm just in case somebody would forget to delete their own before running the minimod.

If you added a hidden_resource with the name "royal_barracks" and then required it for recruitment, it could work just like any other HR. I don't know why you would name the HR as such, though that doesn't matter. (Don't forget to add any new HRs to the list at the very top of the EDB.)

The campaign map looks just like any other v1.0 game except certain cities cannot get beyond certain sizes. I personally don't have a game on this minimod in v1.0 so I can't post any screenshots.

Cool Re: City Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    It has a map.rwm because I made changes to the descr_regions. The mod will not work unless you have a map.rwm generated with the new descr_regions.txt, so I added a map.rwm just in case somebody would forget to delete their own before running the minimod.

If you added a hidden_resource with the name "royal_barracks" and then required it for recruitment, it could work just like any other HR. I don't know why you would name the HR as such, though that doesn't matter. (Don't forget to add any new HRs to the list at the very top of the EDB.)

The campaign map looks just like any other v1.0 game except certain cities cannot get beyond certain sizes. I personally don't have a game on this minimod in v1.0 so I can't post any screenshots.

I have tested this It works just fine.. I have screen's in EB Alex thread

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...t=96135&page=2

It's just that there are endless options here..

But the thing's I added are there just because AI on Alexander is retraining all the time.. so, No body want's to go to Asia Minor Or Greece or Italy and then face endless Army and Royal barrack's in EVERY single town - that is by my opinion (with all respect) one of the weaker stand's of EB, I relly never happend that AS has Royal Barrack's in All cities that are ALL large or huge

That is why I am trying to mod here..

Do, the officiall EB ALEX team mod will be out for EB 1.1

Remember that there is a cap on HRs, though. 64, IIRC.

Can you please specify what do you mean by that - I think I know, but just in case..

Thank's

Like nearly everything in RTW, there is a hardcoded maximum number of hidden resources allowed in the game engine. The maximun number of hidden resources for RTW is 64, #65+ will be ignored by the engine.

Oh.. I see....

Well, maybe Alex support's more

What is the current number? or planned for EB 1.1 64?

And thank you for the Alex thread

RTW has a cap of 64, so does BI and M2TW, so it would suprise me if they raised the amount just to lower it again with the next release. I think there are only about 20-30 RHs in EB (they are all listed at the top of the EDB) and not many more are planned, maybe a couple.

Talking Re: City Mod

Marcus? Did you ever tough to 'advance' in the city mod development - as..do you can see what I mean in the Alex-mod thread- but in a wider sence.. like hidden_resource's for Cities would also apply for barrack's and big port's and wall's and Academic's building's and aqueduct's for example?

Or you don't have that much time to mod?

I've thought about restricting things further, and for that purpose I've moved the city levels at which certain buildings can be built. But I don't really want to force everything to only one way things can develop. What was built where would change greatly based on who wins what wars. I just made this mod so that not everything is everywhere.

Udated the mod. Just a small change to integrate the Pahlav fix. Since it is a simple edit, it is save-game compatible. Post here if anything goes wrong...

Cheers Marcus!
    Only a few seek liberty; the majority seek nothing more than fair masters - Sallust

A lie told often enough becomes truth - Vladimir Lenin

Does this version contain the changes in export_descr_buildings.txt of the latest rebellion fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Seyduna
    Does this version contain the changes in export_descr_buildings.txt of the latest rebellion fix?
    No, I haven't updated it to include that. Though, there isn't a huge chance of encountering that kind of bug. (That crash only happens when a town doesn't have a MIC [or its damaged] and the governor's house is damaged as well.)

although it doesnt ctd in game, i get this message upon quitting the game:

script error in eb/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt at line 23, column 67. unrecognised 'city' as a region resource class (or hidden resource)

i'm running twfanatics first cohort mod with this (including the fix so as to use city mod with it). and also, alexander with eb mod (not the new betas, but the original)

Your minimods are conflicting. This message means that the City Mod EDB is not the one being used, and the City Mod is currently having no effect on your game other than giving you error messages..

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Your minimods are conflicting. This message means that the City Mod EDB is not the one being used, and the City Mod is currently having no effect on your game other than giving you error messages..
    so alx.exe is the probably the problem, right? twfanatics mod is supposed to support yours so that only leaves alx.exe. if its not having any effect, i might as well leave it as it is rather than reinstall everything.

on second thought, perhaps i should uninstall city mod. the only thing i need is eb's descr_region.txt file. twfanatics first cohort mod has a working export_descr_buildings.txt file. can i anybody send me their original descr_region.txt file?
    Last edited by Danzifuge; 03-08-2008 at 22:05.

I have integrated ALXEB City mod version (do in ALXEB mod it allows that about 30% of regions have large or huge capability and 10% huge or so..)

All capitals and some strategic areas can be huge now. And many many cities can be large.. other can all be huge

Has this been implemented into EBv1.1? If not, is it compatable?
    Only a few seek liberty; the majority seek nothing more than fair masters - Sallust

A lie told often enough becomes truth - Vladimir Lenin

It is not part of v1.1, and the current version is not compatible with v1.1.

I wanted to make sure my files were 100% the same as v1.1, so I downloaded v1.1 and just got it installed. I'll try to make a new version that is compatible with v1.1 within the next couple days.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast