Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Duchy of Swabia

Default Re: Duchy of Swabia

Duke Ulrich:

I am saddened by the fact that dust now covers this once occupied chamber. Let us resume our discussions of the Swabians.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Yes, it has seem that the diet has been relatively quiet this past week or so
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Fellow Swabians,

I have decided, after much deliberation, that I shall stand for the position of Chancellor.

I suggest we retire to our private chambers(Swabian forum) to discuss these matters privately.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

A messenger from the Diet approaches the Duchy of Swabia: My Lords, the Kaiser requests that each Swabian please contact him privately stating who they wish to serve as Duke of Swabia.

[OOC: You can decide this collectively or e-mail me your private independent views. Ulrich and Prince Jobst are not ruled out.]

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

I am just wondering mein Kaiser, why the position of DUke is now being,uh... offered? If I am wrong please correct me, but wasn't Friedrich DUke?

[Diet Speaker]: My Prince, Friedrich was proposed for the position of Duke but given the constitutional uncertainties, the Kaiser accepted him in the position of Steward only. He could certainly be promoted to Duke if that is the will of Swabia.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

OOC: Post #1 could use an update.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

*Hans servant enters the chambers, clearing his throat to draw attention*
    Swabians, my master the Count of Bern and Governor of Acre would like to ask what Steward Scherer's plans are for the current diet session. Is there any legislature that needs support?
    He also wishes to ask whether there are thoughts of expansion into French territory, and if so, he wishes to have Toulouse considered.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I fully support Friedrich becoming DUke, as he has proved himself as a Steward.

I support Count Hans ideas of expanding into France. But I disagree with other parts.

Toulouse is heavily defended by the best France can offer, its probably protected better than the capital itself! If we try to take it, we will suffer huge losses, plus riots which we can't control as we have hardly any troops left, Then the French will try to take it with good troops from Angers.

Nay, I say a waste of time and lives. I say we strike near the open heart of france. It has been attempted before, but considered a revolt, why not propose to the DIet we take Rheims?

Of course, Toulouse isn't all bad, as we'd get good troops if we took it. We could attack then back it up with another army... uh! Not enough money!

Anyway,I propose an edict.

Edict x.x : That Swabia is allowed to conquer the settlement of either Rheims or Toulouse
    Last edited by Warluster; 05-16-2007 at 22:33.

I have recently posted my orders for the Swabian army and we will make incursions within French territory during the next chancellor session. I hope to lead the assault and teach the French a thing or two about fighting.

I also with to make Ulrich the Count of Metz if anyone does not have any objections.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Servant

With all respect my Prince, Toulouse may be heavily fortified but it certainly is not too well defended from what is gossiped. As it is a citadel, riots are more than unlikely due to only few people living there and most of them obedient peasants who care little about who their masters are.
    It would also become one of our main rally points for further incursions into France and prevents them from building more fleets to attack our holdings in Italy as well as serve to isolate our Bavarian allies from the French threat.

These benefits certainly ought to be considered.

Also, I would not see why my master would object to the promotion of Hümmel who retired his Ducal title to Scherer. It is most appropriate.

Assaulting Toulouse however would stretch out supply lines and with it deep within the enemy territory, the French shall fight hard to recapture it. I say it is better to slowly encroach and take their territories one by one rather than risk everything with a total attack towards the French heartland.

Excellent gentlemen, with your proposed edict Friedrich, it seems it was passed at the last Diet Session.

SO now we have permission to attack the French, but now to continue, where do we attack?

I,personlly, would prefer Rheims, as I have stated, but Toulouse is also good troop wise. But does that matter? We already have Staufen which is one of the most advanced cities in the Reich, do we need another base, in enemy territory? Or maybe we should take Rheims and get a foot hold?

ANd of course who shall lead the army? I would say Friedrich, who has more experince, but of course Elberhad could do with some experince as well, and we have to Knight him.

Anyways, to other matters. Friedrich, I shall be leaving DIjon and Swabia for a while if this new idea of the Kaiser goes well, I shall be attending to matters all over the Reich, if all goes well, you will have to defend Dijon as well as Metz.

Servant

Preparing for the time as emperor already aren't you, my Prince. A pity you have to be partial. But that is just my humble opinion as a servant.

On other matters, my master continues to support the idea of assaulting Toulouse either as primary or secondary target, as our western border is not able to produce trained men and Staufen becomes increasingly distant from the front. In addition, we would have another trading port for the mediterranean and both protect our sea routes and Bavaria's western front. Taking Toulouse would give instant access to Zaragoza, Bordeaux, and Angers I believe, and we could further weaken our French foes by taking their other castles if we so wished. At the very least it would be a bridgehead, easily defensible and not requiring a supply train as it supplies itself. I will concede however that it will require one of you nobles to station yourself there...maybe Elberhard would be suitable for this?

Rheims I agree is a profitable target too in its own right as it is stronger economically than Toulouse, but it will take time to calm the populace and it needs a constant supply of troops for defenses.

As for our tactic to defend against the French, I'd say we ought to get them to excommunicate themselves, now that we have a stronger grip over the papacy. Maybe even send lone troops into their territory? Have you any men you distrust or that you question the loyalty of or that have disappointed you? They would be perfect, no? *the servant grins*

Nobles of Swabia:

Friederich Scherer- Duke of Swabia
    Prinz Jobst von Salva - Heir to Throne

Electors of Swabia:

Count Jobst - Second Elector of Swabia(Warluster)
    Count Hans - Fifth Elector of Swabia(FactionHeir)
    Count Ulrich - Sixth Elector of Swabia(Ignoramus)
    Count Elberhard - Seventh Elector of Swabia(econ21)

Lands of Swabia:

Swabia - Capital: Staufen. Part of the ducal demesne of Frederich, Duke of Swabia.
    Lorraine - Capital: Metz. The lands of Judda der Stolze, Countess of Lorraine.
    Helvetia - Capital: Bern. The lands of Hans, Count of Helvetia.
    Burgundy - Capital: Dijon. The lands of Count Jobst von Salva, Count of Burgundy.

Paris: Currently under the control of Duke Scherer
    Rheims: Ruled by Elberhard

Dukes of Swabia:
    Prinz Henry: (1080 - 1170)
    Ulrich I: (1178 - 1186)
    Frederich I: (1200 - ?)

Counts of Lorraine:
    Sigismund I: (1090 - 1142)
    Judda I: (1142 - 1178)
    Ulrich I: (1178 -?)

Counts of Burgundy:
    Henry I: (1126 - 1140)
    Jobst I: (1140 - ?)

Counts of Helvetia:
    Henry I: (1106 - 1168)
    Hans I: (1168 - ?)

Counts of Rheims:
    Elberhard: (1241-?)

I am saddened by our house's lack of adequete communication among each elector. Our previous chamber although unable to be spied upon by electors of other houses has become deserted and unvisisted even by me. Given that three out of five members of this House has ran for chancellorship most likely due to little communication, I have decided to renew this chamber. I urge everyone to start visiting upon once more and participate in discussions.

Aboveis a slightly updated summary of the condition of our house.

Now I wish to talk about a different matter. Matthias Steffen has recently came to me with concerns about the race for chancellorship. Fredericus von Hamburg with the support of his house and the emperor seems to be in the lead in the race. The Bavarians does not wish for him to be chancellor, but given our house's lack of unity and uncertainty about the Austrians, a Franconian chancellor may be elected. The Bavarians offer to support Ulrich Hummel in his race for the chancellor. I will not say who I wish to win the election, but I would rather have another Swabian chancellor elected and will support Ulrich. Given uncertainty regarding the Austrians, I urge the other electors Hans and Prinz Jobst to support Ulrich too.
    Last edited by TevashSzat; 06-26-2007 at 00:33.

Prinz Jobst speaks

I shall,of course, be voting for Ulrich.

If only Elberhad would vote more often...

I shall follow suit and vote for Hümmel. It seems that both of us are now out of the race, Prince Jobst, eh?

I thank you both for graciously voting for me. It is gut to see Swabia united once more!

I believe it may be useful for us to abstain or vote against the charter amendment so that we may keep the French cities after we take them.

It is quite unfortunate that my edict to take more French settlements has failed while the amendment 10.2 has passed ensuring that the House of Swabia will not be allowed to further expand any more during this chancellorship. What is good though is that we can still take French provinces, but must let them rebel afterwards which will still do as much harm to the French as us keeping everything.

Indeed, in that case we might even consider conquering all of their northern settlements and station troops nearby ready to retake them at the next session.

I also regret seeing that the edict requiring churches to be built has passed. Especially considering how Bern can only construct 1 building this term due to ongoing work on the great market until mid term. I suppose that although that means my queue may not be authorized, the chancellor may still chose to build the printing press as I desire.

Some of the build orders that I have ordered for the cities under my control, Paris and Rheims did not constantly build religious buildings, but had at least one religious building. I hope that the edict did not mean that only religious buildings may be constructed until; the highest level building is reached.

I welcome econ for joining the House of Swabia again and would like to promote him to COunt of Rheims during the next diet.

Elberhard: Thank you, my Duke, for your welcome and for the honour of appointing me Count of Rheims. I hope I don't @#%! it up.

Ulrich: I express hope that Swabian may receive the newly purchased realm of Scotland. Such an addition would worthily increase Swabia's standing.

My fellow Swabians, our Duke has put forth the following charter amendment:

During the next diet, all 4 Dukes and a 5th member yet to be determined shall form a council and examine the events that have led to Kaiser Jobst's death as well as the chosen heir to the throne. A vote shall occur afterwards among the 5 members which shall determine the legitamacy of Siegfried's claims

I would amend this slightly to add "and vote on who is to be the new emperor".

Currently, it is only I who seconds it. Would anyone else like to step forward?

I urge that all members of Swabia unite with Matthias in his bid for the chancellorship. I have been guaranteed assurance in at least some support for my CA and for discussions regarding the dispute over succesion should we support Matthias. I personally do not favor one over the other, but given this news, I urge my fellow Swabians to fall behind him

He would be my preferred choice as well and as such I shall vote in line with our house.

Could I also ask that you revert your CA to its original form as Siegfried von Kastilien does raise some valid points which may draw much needed votes away from it?
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 07-26-2007 at 14:05.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jens Hummel:

Is a Hummel still welcome in these parts?

I am currently located in Outremer, but I am of course at your command Duke Scherer. What would you have me do?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Of course you are welcome as Swabians.
    No one will be judged based on their family, rather than their own actions around here.

I assume that since we still have a few unassigned counties, Duke Scherer may well be assigning them shortly before the next diet starts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast