Thread: Steppe: Total War

Default Steppe: Total War

OK here's another idea of mine for a total war game!

It's based on the great steppes of Eurasia and, if the map was massive, could spread from Mongolia to Italy. Largely based on horse peoples, possible factions could include: Mongols, Timurids, Huns, Romans, Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Parthians (here Parthian tactics could come into play), Scythians, Turks, Byzantines, Sarmatians and Chinese. Also, if the time scale went back that far, the Macedonians and Seleucids (perhaps they could be included in an expansion?)
    Long live the King of the Chipmunks, whose name I cannot pronounce in English, but is something along these lines...

Achumungi-Yngilbuvvyurdmunt

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

Default Re: Steppe: Total War

Could be tricky to do, mostly due to the huge land mass you are putting forward for a possible mod.

Would it be for RTW or M2TW?

I said in Hellas:Total War, I don't like mods - I was talking about an entirely new game.

But, yes, the enormity of the map could be a problem...but otherwise I couldn't incorporate all the intended factions - some in Europe, some in Iran, some in eastern Asia...
    Long live the King of the Chipmunks, whose name I cannot pronounce in English, but is something along these lines...

I forgot to mention the Alans as a potential faction, in Iran.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One problem w/ this idea, the timeline. For example, the Mongols came about 850 years after the huns and romans. This game would have to last one thousand years to encompass all these people.(Although I would love to watch the Mongols beat down a Roman army at its peak)
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Yeah, that was the problem I saw. And to include the Macedonians and Seleucids, it would need to go back even further than the time of the Romans, Visigoths, Ostrogoths and Huns.

Yeah, the Mongols vs. the Romans...could be fun!

I also forgot to mention the possibility of including the Khwarazmians.