Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI turn Hayasdan CTD

Default AI turn Hayasdan CTD

AI turn Hayasdan CTD 0.81a + cunctuators mod, BI exe

http://www.axifile.com?416958
    Last edited by kalkwerk; 03-13-2007 at 13:08.

Default Re: AI turn Hayasdan CTD

turned off the script and it worked. But a few turns later I get CTD on Hayasdan AI turn again. Now script off/on doesnt work.

http://www.axifile.com?8198834

To me it seems to be that rebel city CTD again. Thought it was fixed (?), but if it isnt, is there a fix for 0.81a like there was for 0.80? (Marcus Aurelius Antonius made one, and i never got a ctd on 0.80 after using that)
    Last edited by kalkwerk; 03-13-2007 at 15:52.

There is a complicated fix for rebelling cities in 0.81a here, until someone gets a better fix out there:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...0&postcount=16
    EB member

I got some crashes on Hayasdan turn when testing the rebelling cities fix on the internal pre-0.81a (part of the reason why it took so long before releasing it...). We think it's another bug that has been masked because the symptom is so similar to the rebelling city CTD. It had the same characteristics of yours, one crash first, then another a few years later that is repeatable. Unfortunately it was an all-AI game, so we couldn't look around to see what was wrong.

I'll take a look at your savegame. I hope it's the same thing, so we can finally start hunting down this sneaky bug.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I first tried running the game, and it CTD'd as expected. I forgot to start Filemon though so I got no output from it. The next time it also crashed. But when I tried the third time (I want several logs to compare), it went past without a hitch. Here's the savegame after the turn is done. I'll keep looking for reasons why it should crash, it's definitely something fishy.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Takk for hjelpen!

Hm, still problems with Hayasdan AI turn.

Installed the new fix provided by Kull https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=81220
    and it helped me over on turn. But now im stuck again. Tried with and without script.
    http://www.axifile.com?8909436

By the way I had cunctuators mod, but it seems that mod doesnt work with the new fix.

Edit: Also tried the suggestion of Oleo above, but didnt work either.

Regards Kalkwerk

Edit: tried with the new fix for cunctuators mod and it finally worked! Sorry for bothering.

Edit: Two turns later Hayasdan AI turn CTD again. Aaaaargh.
    Savegame: http://www.axifile.com?5830671
    Last edited by kalkwerk; 03-15-2007 at 17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by kalkwerk
    Edit: Also tried the suggestion of Oleo above, but didnt work either.
    That fix is no longer useful due to Kull's new fix.

Edit: These ctds dont make sense to me. Sometimes it does crashes sometimes it doesnt, when I change the same things (f.i moving all hay-armies and destroying buildings and buildingcues, or killing all family members). The first time I loaded the last save it even didnt crash at all. Weird.
    Last edited by Oleo; 03-15-2007 at 18:44.
    EB member

Further testing suggests that it is because of some trait trigger, as running with all triggers disabled never crashed the five times I tried. This is bad news, as the search for the previous such bug (reinforcement CTD) took nearly a year. There's some good news though: I know how to go about it this time, so I can probably cut it down to months, possibly weeks. And people can comment out all triggers to get past persistent crashes in the meantime.

================
    ================

Am I the only one to have this CTD? I keep on getting it every 2-10 turns.
    Would it make sense to start a new campaign?

Does it make sense that I keep on posting my savegames here?
    http://www.axifile.com?4545963
    This is 215 bc. Tried reloading 4-5 times, but it seems im stuck.

Edit: Would it help if I eliminate Hayasdan? Not really what i want to, but if it saves my campaign I might do it.
    Last edited by kalkwerk; 03-17-2007 at 17:07.

I think I already have the game I need to hunt down that nasty bug, but more can't hurt.

Did you try to comment out all trait triggers? It's in export_descr_character_traits.txt, put a ; character in front of every line from where the triggers start. I'd post the file but can't until I'm back home.

================
    ================

Game worked again today. I dont understand this CTD - I load 4-5 times: Ctd. Next day it works. Played until 212 without CTD now.

The randomness likely comes from the Chance listed on all trait triggers. If a die roll of 100 exceeds the chance, the conditions are not checked.

Here's the modified EDCT. It should help you get past any persistent crash of its kind.

There are also two more versions inside the file, if you or anyone else would like to help hunt down the buggy trigger(s). These (edct_100triggers and edct_no100triggers) have all chances for triggers upped to 100%, so that the game will act consistently instead of randomly like you are currently experiencing. One has all triggers enabled, the other has them all disabled.

The procedure is to enable/disable chunks of/individual triggers and see if the game still/again/no longer crashes and bracket down to the faulty one(s). Report the findings so not everyone needs to check the same ones. As the game takes a while to load and we have more than 20000(!) triggers, this is a lot of work.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by kalkwerk
    This savegame's ctd can be stopped be commenting out this trait only:

Code:
    ;Section9b - General Marries
    ;===============================================================
    ;------------------------------------------
    ;Trigger just_got_married
    ;    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    ;
    ;    Condition IsMarried
    ;         and Trait BeenMarried < 1
    ;
    ;   Affects JustMarried  1  Chance  100
    EDIT: The faulty trigger might be a trigger triggered by this one as there seems to be nothing wrong with this one. \EDIT

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Oleo; 03-19-2007 at 17:25.
    EB member

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

Oh well, that makes no sense at all. The problem is probably in a trigger with a Trait JustMarried conditional located after the just_got_married trigger.

How did you know to disable that particular trigger ? You're good! I'll have to try that out myself when I get home.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    How did you know to disable that particular trigger ? You're good! I'll have to try that out myself when I get home.
    I deleted half the triggers and noticed a lot of those that were left (and causing the ctd) were adoption/marriage related etc. So I looked at the family tree and noticed a lot of unmarried characters. Then I deleted only section 9 (marriage) triggers to see what happened next -> no more ctd. So I deleted half that section and so on. One hour later I ended up with this trigger.
    EB member

Oleo, are you doing this with the 100% triggers EDCT or the standard 0.81a one? It still crashes on me on the Hayasdan turn when I use the 100% one and disabling the JustMarried trigger, in fact I disabled every trigger that used it as a condition as well.

================
    ================

I used the standard 0.81a EDCT.
    EB member

That would explain it working sometimes, it was the same with the reinforcement one. Oh well, it was too good to be true. Back to systematic testing then I guess.

================
    ================

Ah this game sucks if I understand you correctly .

It feels illogical and kind of weird for me though when a constantly-repeating ctd that dissappears by disabling only a certain specific trigger is not related to that trigger.

Back to the drawing board

EB member

How many times did you run the game successfully after disabling the trigger? If you did it a lot of times, it's more likely that there's something bad with them AND some other unknown one(s).

I've run the game successfully five times in a row with all triggers disabled, which is why I think it's a trait trigger thing in the first place. But if you use the 100%-EDCT in the file I posted you should get more consistent behaviour.

================
    ================

How many times did you run the game successfully after disabling the trigger? If you did it a lot of times, it's more likely that there's something bad with them AND some other unknown one(s)..
    I ran it about 4 or 5 times with the trigger -> all ctd,
    I ran it about 4 or 5 times without the trigger -> no ctd

I've run the game successfully five times in a row with all triggers disabled, which is why I think it's a trait trigger thing in the first place. But if you use the 100%-EDCT in the file I posted you should get more consistent behaviour.
    The weather sucks and I got the day off, its time to play with that file .
    EB member

You could try to run it with ONLY the justmarried related ones enabled. If it crashes then, there's bound to be something there. At least we could find one of the culprits.

================
    ================

Update: This time I used the EDCT.txt with 100% chances for everything.

The ctd on the same savegame (winter 224 BC) disappears on deleting section 141152-142628, which is the Getai man of the hour adoption-section.
    I ran the game twice without that section, each time no ctd.

Hopefully someone can get the same result
    EB member

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

Oh, this is useful! Look for typos, misplaced spaces and stuff like that in the code. I'll try to look into it if I have the time today.

Found it possibly. There are a total of 3 references to Sardika (region Dardanoia), which has been renamed to Serdike. Renaming these in the 100% EDCT also solved the ctd on my first try.

EDIT: although it doesnt fix the ctd with the original file yet.
    Last edited by Oleo; 03-21-2007 at 16:23.
    EB member

So... You mean the game does not crash using the 100% file with those disabled, but it DOES crash when you disable those in the original one . This trait stuff is so unpredictable!

================
    ================

So... You mean the game does not crash using the 100% file with those disabled, but it DOES crash when you disable those in the original one . This trait stuff is so unpredictable!
    Thats what I mean, except that I didnt disable the 3 triggers, but replaced the cityname.
    EB member

Luckily, the weather will suck till the week is out...

Possibly even longer...
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 03-21-2007 at 19:49.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast