Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Imperial Diet III

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet III

OOC: The summary of Legislation and charges against and comments made in defense of Chancellor Hummel has been updated.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

After listening hours of talk,talk and more talk Jonas Von Mahren stands up walks to the talkers stand and punches it with all his force.

"Mein Lords, May i have your attention? I came here to vote for putting Hummel out of office ,since its clear he is doing bad job as the Chancellor. All i have been hearing is talk about various edicts and scribes and lawyers.I have had enough. My good Croatian scribe has written for you all a edict that throws all the other edicts that should be layed out in normal Diet session,not emergency one out on the toilet. Here it is:
    E.7 The emergency Diet withdraws its support from Chancellor Hummel and demotes him so that he is not Chancellor anymore. Fredericus Von Hamburg as the runner up of the last Chancellor vote resumes his position as Chancellor and acts in that rank for the rest of the current Chancellors term. Ulrich Hummel is inprisoned for the rest of the Chancellors term as punishment for his impotence of obeying the Imperial Diet and its edicts.

After emptying a glass of wine Jonas continues

Isnt this what we came here for? Im tired of this endless talks and scribes and lawyers forcing us to listen their babling. Second this edict and vote it through and we can all go to our duties and stop waisting time in Rome.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

I second Edict E.7.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

With all due respect to my Franconian friends, the Kaiser has clearly and repeatedly stated that he will assume the Chancellorship if Hummel is impeached. Edict E.7 cannot legally be enforced in such a situation, as Count von Hamburg will have no legal right to assume the position. Furthermore, even if the Kaiser does not exercise his legal right to the position, you cannot simply nullify the election process through a simple edict. I certainly hope these errors of law were due to a simple misunderstanding, rather than yet another attempt to blatantly violate the laws of the Reich.

Jonas Von Mahren mumbles:

Protocols....Well please send a messenger when you have talked enough and are ready to vote. Il be in some Tavern or Bordell,where i dont have to listen to all this nonsense.

Jonas stands up and walks away from the Diet whistling a song along the way.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

It seems that Chancellor Hummel is not the only one who considers the binding laws of the Reich to be mere "nonsense" and "protocols." Perhaps Franconia should have supported the man in the last election, for the two seem to be proper bedfellows.

Excuse me Lothar, but I hardly think this is due cause to attack Franconia. We wanted our candidate to be Chancellor, why not give it a try? You are not penalized for pushing forward Edicts that are not passed.

I do recall a letter from you stating that Ulrich Hummel is the best man for the Reich, urging me to vote for him as he has great ideas for the spread of the Reich's glory. Perhaps you are a traitor as well.
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 06-29-2007 at 20:26.

Why not give it a try?! The very fact that it is blatantly illegal is not reason enough for you? If you have no respect for the laws of the Reich, you have no respect for the Reich itself! My God, it seems that the corruptions of this place have deeper roots than any of us suspected. There may be no legal repercussion for proposing failed Edicts, but do not for one second think that the rest of the Diet will forget your willingness to disregard the law whenever it is convenient for you.

Blatantly illegal? There is no precedent for Chancellor impeachment. An Edict giving the Chancellorship to the next runner-up would set a precedent and would hardly be blatantly illegal. Kaiser Jobst's birthright powers could override the Edict, but Count Fredericus von Hamburg is a noble man in his own right who has no more chances to run for Chancellor.

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonsg91921
    Excuse me Lothar, but I hardly think this is due cause to attack Franconia. We wanted our candidate to be Chancellor, why not give it a try? You are not penalized for pushing forward Edicts that are not passed.

I do recall a letter from you stating that Ulrich Hummel is the best man for the Reich, urging me to vote for him as he has great ideas for the spread of the Reich's glory. Perhaps you are a traitor as well.
    Gerhard Steffen:

Glad to see that your hindsight is as clear as mine, I certianly hope that it does not become habbit to blame the voters for the actions of the elected.
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

The Charter specifically states that Chancellors are elected. Just because the position is open due to Impeachment does not change that fact.

1.5 Each elector will periodically vote to elect a Chancellor (reigning player) of the HRE and on edicts to direct him.
    Using an Edict to nullify the entire election process is a direct violation of the Charter. If you wish to put Count von Hamburg in the position, I suggest you persuade the Kaiser not to run. Either that or make a Charter Amendment permanently handing over all Imperial powers to the House of Franconia. What harm could such a law do? "Why not give it a try?"

Indeed Gerhard, your son was putting me and all of Franconia into the Hummel camp as we try to ensure that a proper candidate, if Kaiser Jobst does not assume the Chancellorship. I was pointing out to him that he was the one who urged me to vote for him in the first place - I am glad now that I proved the wiser man. Perhaps you should reconsult, or even fire, your scribes who cannot keep you up to speed on Diet debate.

Edit: And Lothar - would an Edict ensuring stability in times of strife be in such violation of the Charter? The Edict has to be passed, first of all, and it would not violate in any way the periodic elections held every twenty years. The legality is not for you to decide, you upstart, but Kaiser Jobst himself.
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 06-29-2007 at 20:50.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

Ulrich, the English will not look at the Scotland purchase in the way you do. Imagine if the largest, most powerful Empire in the world that did not presently share a border with you purchase two provinces on the same island as you. Most surely the English will attack us because of this purchase.

I do not know whether this is blatant warmongering or just plain nearsightedness, but I don't think it matters that much anyway.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

I believe that we have discussed all that needs to be discussed. With current deliberations running off-course from why this Session was called in the first place, I formerly request that the Kaiser close deliberations early and begin the voting period.

Let us end this issue one way or another as quickly as possible.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Diet Speaker: As it has been 24 hours since the start of this Emergency Session, the deadline for the submission and seconding of laws has now passed. The session is closed.

(Sotto voce): Bother! Running out of paper again! ... Back shortly....

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122