Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Imperial Diet IV

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet IV

Standing slowly Arnold is restrained to some degree by furious whispering in his ear by Bane and his Priest, never the less his voice carries the familiar tone of foreboding

ENOUGH!!! ENOUGH YOU SAY CHANCELLOR!!

Leaning forward with both mailed fists pressed into the Austrian bench the transformation of his demeanour is chilling

So yet again I find myself insulted by nobles of this Empire!! This time, from the Chancellor himself no less.

Smashing his fist in exclamation Arnold continues with a cold edge to his voice

If I didn't believe it otherwise I'd assume it seems too easy to demean and throw insults at the smallest house of this Reich.

While I've never made comment before and have always assumed it would be a priority of this Empire to ensure the ancestral house of Austria and the structure of the Reich remain as designed by our forefathers, it seems I am mistaken.

While Franconia and Swabia expand en mass the fate of Austria and to a lesser extent Bavaria seem to be nothing but after thoughts.

Pausing for a moment, and casting his gaze steadily at Matthias

So Chancellor, while you have many tasks to manage like myself, I caution against marginalising my request and...finally, if you want to make base comments about House Austria’s lineage or suggestions about my options that are a complete @#$%^&!!! ing disgrace to you and your position...

…then I’m more than prepared to cut out your @#$%^&!!!ing heart you sack of @#it!!!

And if you want me to leave you be Chancellor I'd suggest you drop the conceited tone about running the Reich and refrain from insulting me!!

And before anyone jumps to take sides, please keep the chronology of the insults in perspective!!
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-11-2007 at 09:50.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Matthias smiles coldly.

Are you sure you wish to threaten the life of the Chancellor in the Diet, Duke Arnold?

I did not insult the House of Austria, I proposed a solution to your particular problem. In fact I hold Karl Zirn and Sigismund von Mahren in high regard, and I have no quarrel with them. Perhaps my choice of language in my suggestion was too colorful. If that is the case I apologize.

But if you do not retract your death threat against me, I will be forced to request that the Prinz bar you from the Diet. I may have breached the decorum of this Chamber with my comment, but your response has gone beyond the pale.

What say you Duke Arnold?
    Last edited by OverKnight; 08-11-2007 at 06:36.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I apologize to House Franconia for not speaking sooner about the death of the noble Fredericus von Hamburg. He fought admirably against the mongol and as chancellor he provided the stability we so desperately need. Let us rejoice that he has ascended to Heaven alongside the most chivalrous and skilled Imperial Generals.

Leaning back in his chair, Arnold steeples the fingers of his mailed hands and continues in an even and quiet tone that is in stark contrast to just moments before

I'm not sure how YOU determine my response is worthy of suspension but your own unprovoked comments towards me are not?

Maybe the stress is getting to you Chancellor?

If you are apologising then I would consider doing likewise.

Of course I can't quite FEEL that from you when you lace it with threats of asking the Prinz to suspend me?

I'd say the Prinz should also consider having you barred from the Diet as your comments are also breaching the decorum of this chamber.

As you are the protagonist, then I'm merely responding, so if you don't like the response then I'd recommend taking some thought before speaking.

After a moments pause

As for your suggestion of a death threat...then that was not my intention. It's merely a suggested course of action as a reaction to your comments about my heritage which began this little exchange.

Are we finished?
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-11-2007 at 06:41.

Matthias casually inspects his fingernails as he responds.

I will accept the judgement of the Prinz if my suggestion that you have bastard children and that one of them could be made your heir breached the decorum of the Diet.

I mean you do have bastards correct? Surely all this todgering and such has produced some sort of issue? You speak about it in the Diet so much, I assumed you had a by blow or two. If you have failed to produce a tavern-spawn, than I do apologize.

I have tried to find you a wife, truly. But your reputation proceeds you Duke Arnold. A nobleman would have to be very brave to be your Father-in-law or to entrust his daughter to you. Odds are even that at some point the poor man or his family would be beheaded, perhaps even at the wedding feast if the toast displeased you.

It is what it is, I will continue my efforts, but I can only do so much.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 08-11-2007 at 07:03.

Grinning like a cat looking at a small defenceless bird Arnold's tone is conversational to the point of amusement

Likewise I'm also prepared to see what the Prinz has to say about my request to have you barred also.

Now that you are talking so politely about the subject I'm more than happy to converse with you on the topic.

At this point, the tension of imminent violence felt by the Dukes retinue is clearly over. In a startling show of familiarity the Dread Knight Bane, can be seen to visibly relax and pat the Duke on the shoulder in encouragement of the change in atmosphere between the Duke and the Chancellor.

Much to your obvious amazement and I assume pleasure, you'll be pleased to know that I have not had the joy of siring any offspring out of wedlock.

As much as my own sisters children are a joy to behold I have not had to do that myself.

Please understand that while I have the privilege of talking about my own exploits on and off the various battlefieldsss I fight...

emphasis was placed heavily on the plural at the end of the word "battlefield"

...some descriptions are clearly not acceptable from other people.

Now that you have apologies...it seems...then I would of course not want to forcibly remove any part of your body from you..unless you asked nicely. As you have not asked, then I retract my suggestion of removing your heart.

Pausing again for effect

I look forward to your continuing effort on this matter.

With that final sentence, Grom can be seen wiping the sweat from his forehead with a small white cloth. The priest is simply sitting in stone silence white as a sheet.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-11-2007 at 07:29.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Jan walks in to pick up some of his paperwork from the Franconian bench before heading back to Outremer. He walks in right when the argument between the Chancellor and Duke Arnold started. He first watches with amusement to see the Duke bite off more than he can chew. He then is alarmed when the Duke threatens the Chancellor's life. Then Jan relaxes when the two assume a more reasonable tone. He pauses and considers saying one of many jokes about Duke Arnold's elephantine balls and the likelihood that with such large equipment, he must have fathered thousands of children by now. But, he thinks better of it. There is far too much to do right now and a spat with Duke Arnold would be fun at first but largely unproductive. Jan quietly leaves the Diet without saying a word.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Blog Entries

I have just been informed that the wife of the late Duke Leopold, Ulgarda, has passed away this year. The entirety of Austria mourns at the death of the noble lady who bore both Duke Arnold and Count Zirn's wife Meckil.

Arnold

I'd like to extend the sympathies of House Austria to our Franconian brethern over the passing of Fredericus von Hamburg.

My mother has also passed away, may god rest her soul.

He dying wish was to see me wed. I pray that comes to pass.

Matthias turns his focus from trading insults to matters of state.

My lords, as you might have read in my latest report, our allies, the English, have laid siege to Bruges. The city is defended by the French, our long time enemies. I admire the courage of the English, and I am glad to see them finally strike against the French, but they are outnumbered.

Duke Scherer with the Swabian Household Army could move to support them. If the French attack, we could lend our assistance to the English defense. This would allow us to weaken the French, and possibly strengthen our alliance with England.

However, I have a few concerns about this. First, the Swabian HA would be leaving the Duchy, though there is no direct threat to Swabia at the moment. Second, if the English are successful in taking Bruges, that would mean we would share a border with them. Past experience has taught me that this could be dangerous.

I am undecided on what to do, and I would need Duke Scherer's permission to send him outside Swabia anyway. I ask you Electors, what course should we take, assist the English at Bruges or wait and see?

A Swabian page rises to face Matthias.

Mein lord Chancellor, mein master, Herr Hummel, thinks that the English mean well. They have staunchly fought against both the Danes and the French, and have been most loyal to us. Indeed, have they not lost Caen to the French because of this? Ought we not, then, secure some measure of compensation for them for their pains?

The page bows and resumes his seat.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Blog Entries

The page makes good sense. I do not belief we should begrudge the English for what might happen, and anyway offering military aid to one's ally is a noble and just cause. I am sure that if we take precautions by permanently doubling the garrison of Paris and Rheims, the English will know to leave well enough alone. Good fences make good neighbors, after all.

Jan walks back in to pick up something he forgot.

First of all, I wish to extend my condolences to the Austrian house for the loss of Ulgarda. May her soul rest peacefully in Heaven.

Second, if weakening the French will help out Swabia, then I say give it a try as long as Duke Scherer approves.

Third:

Jan looks at Hummel's page

What are you doing here? Didn't the Kaiser ban you and all of your master's minions? Has your master renounced his ill-thought revolution? Is he prepared to kneel at the Kaiser's dais and accept him as the one true Kaiser? Bah, until I hear otherwise, your words here mean nothing.

Duke of Nicosia

The Swabian page rises and bows.

Do not judge mein master too harshly, Herr von Hamburg, he is reconsidering his views while we waits to make landfall in Provence.

The Swabian sits down.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The corner of Matthias's mouth quirks upward in a half smile.

Ah yes, Wolfgang, I believe he threatened me with death as well.

Hmmm, as the Kaiser is away, the Prinz can rule on whether or not he can be readmitted.

Speaking of the Prinz, I withdraw my objections to Duke Arnold's comments. I'm sure he spoke out of passion when he said he would rip my heart from my chest.

One of the hazards of my current position.

Jan looks at Wolfgang's minion.

No, you have to leave. Now.

I point to these words from the Kaiser,

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Siegfried
    I hereby expell Wolfgang Hummel from this Diet until he apologizes for his insubordination and refutes his allegiance to Count Hans!
    Unless Wolfgang has apologized to the Kaiser's satisfaction, he can not be here.

Period.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OOC: Ignoramus, unless the Kaiser has told Wolfgang that you can post here, you really need to stop posting here. Econ said something about it in the OOC thread that he would delete your posts in here. I don't mean to be a jerk but I really think you should stop posting in the Diet until the Kaiser says Wolfgang can come back. Your using OOC limitations to keep doing something IC that your character normally wouldn't be able to do.

Duke of Nicosia

The Swabian page smiles as he once again rises to his seat.

I am sure that mein master, too, spoke in passion when he called for your death. I would trust that treatment in this Diet is equal?

The page sits down.

Jan sends Gunther to go find the Prince so that he can get the page ejected.

Bannings include servants. You have to go now.

Duke of Nicosia

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

The Prinz wanders into the Diet, dishevelled and clearly the worse for wear.

Elberhard: Right, morning ... I mean, afternoon, all. What's going on 'ere then?

A clerk whispers animatedly in the Prinz's ears, as the Elberhard's expression changes from pained discomfort to pained bewilderment. After a moment, he waves away the clerk.

Count Jan, may I add my condolences for the passing of your father. He was a fine bloke, who brought the Reich back from some of the darkest times in its history. We will miss him in the eye of the storm of the horse lords approach. But no doubt you will do him proud acting in his stead at Edessa.

You raise a fair point, Jan, about the exclusion of Count Hummel. Now that the Count is returning to the homeland, I believe it is time to look again at that issue.

Page of the Count of Metz: be a good lad and seek out your Master. Ask him if he accepts the authority of the Kaiser and asks his forgiveness. Come back if he says yes. Better yet, bring 'im with you so he can apologise in person. I would not recommend coming back if he says no.

Duke Arnold and Chancellor Steffen ... Elberhard pauses and rubs his head in his hand, thinking better of it... @#$%^&!!!ing nice weather we are having innit?

Elberhard wanders out of the Chamber, muttering something about needing a drink while the clerk folds up the old bulging record of Diet proceedings and goes to fetch a new one.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021