Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign

Default Re: MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign

The game is about to start.

Unfortunately, the faction order can't be changed. To be fair to Ichigo, I'm thinking of getting a "neutral" player like econ, to play his first turn.

The turn order is:

England
    France
    Holy Roman Empire
    Spain
    Venice

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Tested.
    1.) Whether you can change the play order of factions.
    - No you can't
    2.) The best Hotseat settings for our campaign.
    - As I posted on the page before with the console change
    3.) The best AI boosts.
    - I will send you the contents of a descr_strat as soon as you confirm the final factions chosen by human players. Just create a new file from that and start the game using that file. Afterwards, you can feel free to discard it.
    4.) The way diplomacy works.
    - Offer during your turn, close scroll.
    - During the other player's turn, they get the popup and decide.
    - Slightly annoying that diplomacy isn't instant anymore (it is still with AI)

Oh, and we should all set our individual passwords for our faction. However, we should also post them up in a common space so our turns can be skipped if necessary without halting the game indefinitely.

Also, the way we will play turns is play your turn, press end turn. Then at the next faction's scroll screen, press escape and save. Then upload.

You probably want to create a new topic for OOC discussion of the MP campaign with all rules in first post.
    I would suggest amending the rule so that you can only chose an ally to play your turn if you will be away for more than 2 weeks (i.e proxy as in KOTR)
    48 hour turns sounds fine, although less would make the game a bit less of a drag. Usually not a problem considering all battles are autoresolved leaving only diplomacy and management. Of course some people may not always be available, but then even 48 hours might not be enough for some.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 08-14-2007 at 12:05.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Well I think we have all the faction's confirmed, except Odin might be playing as Egypt.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Thing is, you have to set the factions to play with at game start, so either we have egypt as AI or as player. Are we thus delaying till he makes that decision?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I havent decided yet If I am going to play, if I do the faction dosent matter its for fun.

Im not clear as to how this works, the cut and paste of code I can follow, but how is this actually played ?

Humor me please.

1. do we all get online at the same time? I have only done battles in STW, never an actual campaign.

2. Is this done via email exchange of a file?

3. Is this done through message board content?

If I have missed it on prior posts my appologies, MP campaigns are completely foriegn to me.

Dont hold up the game on my account, Im honestly curious more then committed at this point.

Of my questions if option 2 is how it is done I will not be participating.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    The game is about to start.

Unfortunately, the faction order can't be changed. To be fair to Ichigo, I'm thinking of getting a "neutral" player like econ, to play his first turn.
    I'm fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    I havent decided yet If I am going to play, if I do the faction dosent matter its for fun.

Im not clear as to how this works, the cut and paste of code I can follow, but how is this actually played ?

Humor me please.

1. do we all get online at the same time? I have only done battles in STW, never an actual campaign.

2. Is this done via email exchange of a file?

3. Is this done through message board content?

If I have missed it on prior posts my appologies, MP campaigns are completely foriegn to me.

Dont hold up the game on my account, Im honestly curious more then committed at this point.

Of my questions if option 2 is how it is done I will not be participating.
    1. Nope
    2. Pretty much, but not via email but via forum download as per sticky thread in the throne room. All files uploaded and stored here.
    3. Somewhat. Diplomacy and I suppose any reports are posted up here.

In general, you download a save, play your turn, save the game, upload, wait your next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    1. Nope
    2. Pretty much, but not via email but via forum download as per sticky thread in the throne room. All files uploaded and stored here.
    3. Somewhat. Diplomacy and I suppose any reports are posted up here.

In general, you download a save, play your turn, save the game, upload, wait your next turn.
    Thanks for the reply.

this eliminates me from participation at this time. In the future I might reconsider.

On a side @Factionheir: Despite past disagreements (the 1.2 release affair) I wanted to note that I noticed that your a very helpful and considerate board member in many situations. Your Senior Member distinction, is well earned.

There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Sorry to hear you are not participating. Could have used some Muslim factions to spice things up!
    Thanks for the comment btw. To be honest, I already forgot about the 1.2 thingy - actually it doesn't even ring a bell now, but hopefully everything is resolved.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

dang! i was hoping for more players. o well we can get started goood
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So they only thing we have to do is paste the code in the preference file? And if it gets deleted after every game, do we have to do it just once when we first get the save or all the time?

I think only the game creator actually needs the code. I have not tested it, but it would seem logical.

My first turn's done, and it's Shoot Me_I explode's turn.

Save game is called FranceTurn in the PBM uploader.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 08-15-2007 at 11:20.

did you include me in it because my name isn't next to Russia in the first post?

Have you started it as per my instructions via PM?

[edit]
    I added the purses as per the first post. If bop wasn't listed there, then you might just have to restart the game with a new file as Russia is currently receiving AI extra cash.

So what should I do with this turn.

Also I think it would be better if we send the turns via email, maybe everyone can pm the person who's turn who is before them there email. I dont know if the admins will like it once we upload a couple hundred files to there site.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

i think we have to... this is the best way
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Ok, but do I need to wait for a new turn or continue with this one?

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I noticed that Ignoramus uploaded the file as "FranceTurn."
    Perhaps if you upload a file with the same name as a previous one, the previous one gets deleted? That would allow us to play the whole thing with just one file for every player.

And yes, you do need to wait for a new turn. It has to go full cycle just like in Single Player.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 08-15-2007 at 19:51.

No, I was asking if they made a mistake with the russian player do i need to wait for Ignoramus to start a new game?

yeah I seem to have been excluded from the campaign

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Don't jump to conclusions, we'll hear something definitive soon.

Don't worry Bob_the_great, you're still in the campaign, I just forgot to add your name to the list.

I started the campaign again without FactionHeir's King's Purse mod. I think that it will still be challenging enough without the extra AI money, as almost all the players border each other anyway.

Here are the main rules:

No reloading the save.
    No adopting generals or accepting Man of the Hour.

That's basically it. The reason why you can't adopt generals or accept men of the hour is because it eliminates the strange way MTW2 allocates heirs, and it makes it more of a challenge to maintain your family line.

I have almost finished my first turn, and it's France's turn next. If everyone could state their email addresses, then sending the save games should be no problem.

Meh, that AI is going to be a walk in the park then. And with most humans as catholics, first one to get to jerusalem gets all of the ME.

In case you want to start again (its just the first turn, so really no big deal at all) the link to the new descr_strat with Russia fixed is at:
    http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/MPstart2.zip

Oh, and we can't overwrite same name files on the PBM uploader. States so specifically. Instead of naming the saves FranceTurn etc, it would probably be better to name em MPC1080-1, MPC1080-2 etc. So every player remembers their number and knows when its their turn and this way we got a better timeline.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 08-16-2007 at 04:15.

Alright, I'll do my turn again.

We could do that FH, but the PBM uploader would get clogged very quickly.

Edit: The save is up as MPC1080-1. It is now Strike Me_I explode's turn.

Just a note to everyone: Please do a private write-up of your turns as if it was a normal single player campaign against the AI. Then when the games finished we can put up all our AAR's.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 08-16-2007 at 06:47.

It's the HRE's turn now named MPC1080-2.rar . Just wondering why I did not get a War message on the turn? some bug or that's the way hotseat is?

No idea. Alliance messages work fine though from my testing.
    Haven't tested war.
    I guess checking your diplomacy screen helps though.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Do we have an ETA on Ichigo (or his alt)? Heading out of town for the weekend in the morning, but I can take my laptop to do my turn if it's likely to be necessary.

TinCow is doing Ichigo's first turn and it should be done shortly.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Working on it now.

[edit]Done.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/MPC1080-3.zip
    Last edited by TinCow; 08-18-2007 at 15:05.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast