Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1110

Thread: MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: MTW2 Multiplayer Campaign

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

My computer's gone, so looks like you'll have to find a replacement for me or split my territory amongst yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Should we just wrap this one up and declare a winner?

We've lost too many people lately, seems like half the empires in the game are hand-me-downs and most of the territory wasnt even earned properly.

We could just turn the HRE over to the computer. I honestly would protest more territorial hand-me-downs because it's seriously affecting the fairness of the game.

Just my two cents. Sorry to lose you, Ichigo.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree, the handmedowns ruined the game. I think at this point a winner can be safely declared.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

I am content with it either way. Personally I thought the cheating mess was much worse than the hand-me-down territory (The five settlements I got from Russia have been a massive drain on my empire in reality, as there was literally nothing constructed in them and immediate, overwhelming public order problems due to distance and religion), but there does seem little to do other than wait for the Mongols and then watch everyone take me apart while I deal with them.

Hey stop badmouthing my Empire, Novgorod had fairly built up economy.

Yeah, for an Orthodox player with a capital in the region; when I got it it had a ~600 florin per turn mercenary garrison and made 650 florins per turn in income (Corruption and a nearby rebel army blocking a road), so over the first ten turns while I put up public order buildings, coverted the populace, and restructured the garrison it cost me probably around 1k florins per turn negative profit.

That's nothing compared to Ryazan and Moscow, both of which cost me more than that for longer than that just to get them in a non-rebellious state.

I'm not saying you did a bad job with Russia by any means, nor obviously would I refuse the gift, but what's good for Russia isn't automatically good for her benevolent overlords.

If we declare a winner, they should have a majority of the #1 rankings in all the charts.

Territory, production, economy, army, etc.

Sicily is the likely winner.

edit: majority, or largest number of #1 rankings.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-14-2008 at 00:47.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I think while Poland was gifted many of its territories by France, it would still be a joint winner due to being bigger than Sicily and the marriage alliance kind of helps with that.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

If you include your ally as a winner, what about your other allies?

Seems to me I'm the only once who comes out a loser here, since I'm no longer allied to Sicily.

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Err, I was gifted two territories by France, Smyrna and Iraklion. Sicily has a lot more formerly French territory than I have. I think I got five from EF, and lost one of them (Riga) due to trying to give it away to ATPG.

edit: I should make it clear I'm completely indifferent to whether or not I am declared the victor. The fact that Jerusalem is in Sicilian hands and is a victory condition for all remaining factions should be taken into account.

Actually Tristan gave me absolutely nothing. All the French territories I have are bought off Scotland or taken off AI Portugal.

yes, too right. I suppose Sicily won't get to see my master plan for utterly annoying them to death.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I got four provinces from Tristan. Northern Italy and Marseilles.

I was number one in making money. Not sure how that happened.

so far as my agents could tell, you didnt have much of a standing army in the north. That helps.

Biggest expense of course is soldiers. It was tempting to try blitzing you, but even when I could get all my agents inside your cities and get 100% rates for opening gates, and I still had my huge army from the planned Russian invasion which didnt get off the ground, I knew a frontal assault would be suicide.

Scotland alone had a huge army at the time, and it would have been downright funny to watch them eliminate me in like 4 turns. Nevermind Poland or Sicily.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

If I recall I sold you those, so they weren't all quite hand me downs (not direct ones, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    I got four provinces from Tristan. Northern Italy and Marseilles.

I was number one in making money. Not sure how that happened.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

No, I didn't have much of a standing army, well I didn't have a standing army at the end. I had two full stacks in the south at one point, but I sent one to Egypt and the other I disbanded I think. After that I didn't really need any kind of army to protect myself, since I didn't really feel threatened by anyone. I could have quickly recruited troops if I needed though.

FH: How did you beat me to Bruges? I didn't notice any units of your's that were close enough to make it to Bruges in one turn. I was so mad you beat me there, so annoying.

If I recall I sold you those, so they weren't all quite hand me downs (not direct ones, at least).
    France gave me Milan and Venice, and I bought Marseilles and Genoa from you iirc.
    Last edited by Csargo; 06-14-2008 at 07:48.

France gave me Milan and Venice, and I bought Marseilles and Genoa from you iirc.
    That's right, I think. I was strapped for cash at first, as Denmark had attacked me at the perfect moment (too bad he ruined it by cheating, he had a good chance of pushing me out of Britain).

is it safe to ask why he cheated now?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I have no idea. Since his ability to take multiple settlements in a single turn with no siege equipment and one spy seem to suggest he had started doing so before Tristan gave me any settlements, I'm guessing it wasn't a fear of losing the war.

If I were to hazard a guess I think he may have just been getting bored and wanted to stir things up by starting a war, and decided it would be cool to try out some of the cheats he had found.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    thats lame.

That would be like me breaking into your house and stealing things because there was nothing good on tv.

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

He hasn't been around since then either, I don't believe.

I could be wrong, but I've met very many young people like him who cheated in online games for no more reason than that (a few who stole things from people's cars for that reason as well).

sounds like someone's parents should have bought them a game boy for christmas.

I understand if someone got desperate to win a game that their ethics might fail them, I suppose, but he started it and wasnt in a losing position, and cheated from get-go. I just cant fathom that kind of reasoning.

There's no reward at the end, no merit badge, its not like pulling a bank heist where there's some reward. Its ruining the enjoyment of a game for someone else for no reason. I just dont follow...

Ah well, I never understood people very well anyway.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

FH: How did you beat me to Bruges? I didn't notice any units of your's that were close enough to make it to Bruges in one turn. I was so mad you beat me there, so annoying.
    Oh that. I had a diplomat nearby who bribed you town militias
    That and I moved my frankish knights from the south up to right next to the walls.

Overall it took 2 turns.
    The first I disbanded your siege force.
    The second when you moved another stack there my frankish knights laid siege with my spy inside and got in.

It was just so frustrating when he started cheating. I mean, what's the point? There are at least a dozen major exploits built into the game anyway that you really have to actively avoid using just to play a fair hotseat in the first place. If you aren't capable of making the bare minimum of effort to do so, why get into these games?

I'd hoped and expected that having a reputation of sorts on The Org would tend to enforce good behavior, but of course it's easy to start over here, and when you're young those kinds of interdependant relationships just aren't as interesting I guess.

I soured on the whole thing at that point, and I admit I was tempted to be lame and give my provinces away too, but I don't like backing out on a commitment. I'm glad I stuck it out, but trying to get the Polish Empire into a workable state was an unpleasant grind by the end and I was actively looking forward to the Mongols (And the inevitable player invasion on the other side) bringing things to a head. If anyone cares to check, I had nearly zero standing army (I recruited a couple to make a run at Budapest), and I've had essentially no significant forces other than garrison troops since the first crusade.

Manchester, UK (by way of the South of England)

Given that you guys are talking about this game in the past tense... I wish to pass on my thanks for allowing me to join the game.

It certainly got me back into M2TW once again and hope to play a hotseat once again with you all again .

It seems most of you are in the Rising storm campaign and the all encompassing LotR game, so I am happy at least we have that to fall back on.
    Vakchos Tzetzis

Formerly Nevoulos ek Philadelphias - Nobleman and ex megas of the Byzantine Empire
    House of the Asteri

hey guys. im not a noob in the tw series, but definitely a noob for multiplayer campaings. could one of u take 5 min of ur tiem and quickly explain what fiels to cahnge, plz? thx

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Wow, this thread has been dead a looong time.

Well, you could start with this thread here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...1-PBMs-A-guide and feel free to drop me a pm if you have any further questions
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637