Thread: King of the Romans OOC thread XI

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Default Re: King of the Romans OOC thread XI

Battle fought.

Odds screen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Victory!
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Xdeathfire:

The situation at Caen is as follows:

I doubt they will attack until the year after as the AI doesn't tend to start a siege assault of a Citadel with this few siege engines.
    Either way, the AI is quite useless whether they siege attack or defend against a sally. Actually I'd say they are worse defending against a sally.

Still, your choice. if you wait, you might lose a few troops though.
    Judging from their force, you'd be very hard pressed to win the battle either way. I think if Ignoramus lifts the siege of Paris and can send a few militia and himself over, that would help you quite a bit.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 08-31-2007 at 04:47.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Someone call a medic the Tavern will be in need of one soon.

lol! I'm off to be a mum, but will look forward to coming back to... the medics Thank you for the fun everyone.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

I'm trying not to have anyone take this the wrong way but everyone has an avatar...

Olympia, do you think you could give me/us an idea of what you would like your lovely bar lady looks like?

Arnold's having a few visual issues.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Judging from their force, you'd be very hard pressed to win the battle either way. I think if Ignoramus lifts the siege of Paris and can send a few militia and himself over, that would help you quite a bit.
    In general, I agree. I personally would not sally since he has essentially no cavalry left. I think victory can be gained easily (though with high casualties) by a siege defense. There is enough decent infantry to defend the walls, because the AI never assaults at enough points to find an undefended spot. The gate will probably be breached by the ballistae, but he's got more than enough spearmen to deal with the initial cavalry charge. Simply keep some of the pavise (and probably depleted cavalry) inside the inner rings, so that if things go bad or a rout starts, he can withdraw and start the defense over again. The only real danger I see is if the French re-besiege the citadel after the battle before he can reinforce. It will be a bloody victory and a second stack would pose a very, very real threat of defeat.

I do have to say that the extra florins have really been paying off for a while now. I've never seen the AI producing this many high-quality armies. We're pretty much guaranteed that anywhere we go, there's a big army waiting.

Mmm, very good question AussieGiant. I am looking to find a good picture of her. It is difficult, because I know exactly what she looks like in my head, but I am not finding it! I will add one here when there is a good one to look at (or I hope to if it the same as other boards I have used).

Draw her

TC: Quite agree on your sentiment. I would say though that even the defense would be very difficult due to the French having a lot more spears than he does. The towers, unless ballista or cannon, will not be playing too major of a role. Lucky for Xdeathfire, that French stack doesn't have any footknights, but his own are quite depleted already. It will all be about whether he can kill the French general early or not. If he can, he wins (he's high dread), if not, he might get a close victory at best.

econ:
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

EO, if you check the Library you will see that each character has a 'Biography' that includes screenshots of them throughout their lives. Significantly, this includes 'traits' and 'retinue.' If you're trying to get an understanding of what a someone else's character is like, that's a good place to start. While many of us choose to emphasize some of these and downplay (or ignore) others, they are all technically true aspects of the characters personality. For instance, Arnold's berserker and dread knight are the fellows he is sitting with in the tavern, and the references to Jan's homeliness is due his "A Bit Rough" and "Too Comfortable" traits. Mousing over these traits gives fuller descriptions of what these mean, but for the most part they are self-explanatory. The levels of Chivalry, Piety, Loyalty, and Dread displayed at the top of each screenshot also seem to be favorites for people to roleplay with.
    Last edited by TinCow; 08-31-2007 at 15:02.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Tamur said that EO doesn't own the game. So, if she wants to see what the traits and retinue mean, she can go here and surf around,

http://www.noctalis.com/dis/totalwar/m2tw_traits.shtml

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Your link only shows the default (i.e. unmodded) percentages of getting certain traits without their actual in-game (displayed as per library) names though.

She can get M2SBE (let me know if interested and I'll upload) and view the string.bin file in my mod alternatively, which shows exact effects, name and description for each trait, as per current mod status.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Well, the library doesn't show the trait meanings, at least not for me. And the noc sight has the trait list but you have to click the links.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Ah! That is a goldmine! Thank you TinCow. And thank you to whomever made more PM space for me. It is a relief not to go Delete, Delete, Delete. Now I will become sloppy and never delete!

I can edit! *does a joyful dance*
    Last edited by EternalOlympia; 08-31-2007 at 15:06.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

As I told the Gahzette folks, time disappeared yesterday, so I didn't get the battle fought. If it's ok to fight it tonight, I will definitely do that. Otherwise feel free to autoresolve.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    econ:
    Oh, ok then.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021