Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The EB II Help Required Thread

Default Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Ok i had a feeling that's why i was getting no answers.Thank you alin.
    However i still would like to help does anyone know where i may find tutorials for helmets/shields/armour so that i may get started?The reason i'm asking is because i already looked in the search engines but found nothing.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 02-15-2009 at 10:51.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Lost between books & coins Member DeathFinger's Avatar

Hi everybody,

Firstly I want to advert you that I'm french, so my english speaking will be a little... poor I think. I also want to thank you for the very well done job about EB1, the game I played the most this last pack of months, even more than CS ^^.

I post here because I would like to help you someway, but I do not enter in the jobs in wich you're recruting now. In fact, I'm a student in the University of Strasbourg since 3 years, and I study Historical Sciences. I'v an acess to a very big amount of books about hellenistic period, and can ask questions to what's called in french "enseignant-chercheurs" (I don't know the equivalence in english, words-by-words it's translate by " teachers-researcher"). For my part I have worked about numismatic, and especially Indo-Greek and Greco-Bactrian numismatic; I know that coins are the most that we know about this kingdoms so I can possibly help you at least about the historical notes.
    In other side, I'm studying Diplomacy in Ancient Greece (well... except that in France there's now a strike in University, so this teacher do not teach fo now ^^'), and because of this strike, I have times to go searching some things that you would need, in the universitary's library.

Finally I'm available if you have some historical subjects wich you think need depth.
    In the hope I may be usefull ;)

Very Interested.
    I have a task for you. PM on the way.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Why was my second registration of interest (to reflect upgraded skills) deleted?
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Nevermind...
    Last edited by Tux; 02-17-2009 at 15:40. Reason: nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    Why was my second registration of interest (to reflect upgraded skills) deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by deleted post marker
    This message has been deleted by Foot. Reason: mod advertised used other modders work without permission
    Just quoting.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

I would help with the traits.
    But I don't know how to mod the actual trait files

In general, helping an area requires some knowledge of the area, we don't take in unskilled labor. Start mucking around with the trait files to gain some skill. Post in the unofficial submods if you like.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Blog Entries

If you are still looking for a scripter please tell me. I havent scripted much with EB yet (Only money Boni), but I have experience with the LotR TW script, where I changed events, spawning armies etc

In addition to:
    • Working with general text files (e.g. EDU, etc.)
    • In-depth knowledge of M2TW files and modding, sufficient to create a standalone mod.
    • Assembling and rigging units

I can now create custom animation sets and work with animation sets using custom bones, if services of an animator are required.

Examples of my animation work:
    Overhand spear animation:

Phalanx animation:

WIP slinger animation (he is performing a flick as part of the taunt animation, adding visual flourish to the slinger animation):

I would be well suited in the role of ahistorical units consultant.
    Last edited by Banzai!; 03-31-2009 at 05:13.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

nice animations!

But the hoplites look like they are wielding a sword, not a spear, over arm. perhaps you should revers the hand?
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

I'd really like to help out with EB II. I have no real skills apart from general modding, but I have a lot of time. I think if I could do anything, I'd like to be a skinner. I already have photoshop and an artistic eye, so I'm going to find some tutorials and start reskinning things. My work will doubtless suck at first, but I know I can learn how to do it. I'll let you know when I feel I have something worthy to show you. If there is anyone on the team that would like to mentor me by answering questions I might have along the way, that would be appreciated. Obviously they are busy, so I wouldn't demand too much of their time. I know I am not offering a lot of experience here, but I am confident that I can be an asset with a little help and guidance.

Edit: Here is my first attempt at reskinning a unit. I simply took the Makedonian Hoplitai and gave it a general reskin, and a retextured shield. I know it's a bit bright, but I wanted it to stand out so I can see how things work. I don't like how the shoulders turned out, but I'm pretty pleased with it for my first attempt at skinning.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit: This is a revamped version of the first. I got rid of the bright and gawdy look, changed the shield, and added a few things.

Edit 4/6/09: On this next one I tried something a little different. Instead of just a simple retexture, I tried to add some unique pieces from images I found on the net. Using the phalangitai deuteroi model and skin as a base, I created the following re-skin. Included are some renders, some concept images I used, and an in game shot.

Edit 4/6/09: I'm really proud of this next one. This is the first time I have taken a concept drawing and done the unit almost completely by hand. Again, I started with the phalangitai deuteroi skin as my base, and just started drawing, using the picture as a reference. The shield I did free hand as well, with the exception of the picture in the middle. I am really happy with the way this guy turned out.

Edit 4/7/09: Today I reskinned the elite Ptolemaic phalangites based on a concept pic I found on the net, of an artist's rentition of a Ptolemaic phalangite. I can definitly feel myself making progress. Every time I skin another unit, I learn a few more tricks, or notice how to use something in photoshop that I didn't before. Whether I can be a useful addition to the EB team or not, this sure is fun. :)

Is it better to PM someone with my images, or continue to add them here as I go?
    Last edited by Africanvs; 04-07-2009 at 17:04.
    "Insipientis est dicere, Non putarvm."

"It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought."
    -Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio Africanvs

Lives: Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio (A Romani AAR)
    Lives: Alkyoneus Argeades (A Makedonian AAR)

thanks for continuing to update your post with your latest endeavors! have you tried hand-drawing the interior motif of the shields yet? that's one of the more difficult and time-consuming tasks facing our skinners; perhaps you hand drew the shield on the Ptolemaic phalangite reskin, but i'm not sure.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

I too would like to thank the EB team for giving me ENDLESS hours of enjoyment with this mod. I must say that I don't have much skill, but I do have a lot of time. You can assign me to do the most boring or tedious task and I would LOVE to do it. Honestly, I just want to play EBII sooner. Thanks.

4x
    1x

Quote Originally Posted by paullus View Post
    thanks for continuing to update your post with your latest endeavors! have you tried hand-drawing the interior motif of the shields yet? that's one of the more difficult and time-consuming tasks facing our skinners; perhaps you hand drew the shield on the Ptolemaic phalangite reskin, but i'm not sure.
    My pleasure! I haven't tried hand-drawing the interior motif of a shield yet. Every unit I reskin, I hand draw a bit more. The highly detailed shield images are still beyond my skills at this point, but the more I practice, the more I seem to learn. So, hopefully I'll be doing it soon enough. :)
    "Insipientis est dicere, Non putarvm."

"It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought."
    -Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio Africanvs

Lives: Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio (A Romani AAR)
    Lives: Alkyoneus Argeades (A Makedonian AAR)

Hi Team.

I have a lot free time and a little experience modding and play testing. I loved EB 1 and would really like to think I helped contribute with EB II. I would like to volunteer as a traiter and scripter, I don't have any experience with M2TW but I do have experience playing with coding for Civ 3, Civ 4 and Rome and I am sure I would pick it up quickly. I have lots of free time and would really like to contribute. :)

That's great that you've done coding work, but to drastically increase your chances of joining the mod it would be better if you could gain experience coding for M2TW first. Once that is done, we could move on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairob View Post
    Civ 3, Civ 4 and Rome
    Please clarify this for me: what exactly do you mean by "Rome"?
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Rome - Total War.

I dont know a thing about moding. But i do hover have a lot of knowledge on history.

I am willing to do traits.

By do i mean give a good ideas for traits as well as my opinion on other suggested traits.
    As well as make sure they are acurate.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbuxton View Post
    I dont know a thing about moding. But i do hover have a lot of knowledge on history.

I am willing to do traits.

By do i mean give a good ideas for traits as well as my opinion on other suggested traits.
    As well as make sure they are acurate.
    Nearly forgot to mention i can create battle maps.

My maps Realistic and very complex. Most of my newer maps are based off stuff I get from google earth.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

And the land has not changed in 2000 years at all? Isn't Google Earth a bit futuristic, if you get me? However, I'd love to see some much more complex and realistic maps in EB II. Can you post any screenies?
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerz View Post
    And the land has not changed in 2000 years at all? Isn't Google Earth a bit futuristic, if you get me? However, I'd love to see some much more complex and realistic maps in EB II. Can you post any screenies?
    Sure, how do i post the images ?

And i use google earth as a reference to vegetation and land elevation .

Upload them to a site like https://imageshack.us then, past the forum code it generates (since these pictures will be big, please use the thumbnail code) in your post. If your site of choice does not generate forum code, you can paste the URL of your uploaded picture between
    Code:
    [IMG]
    and
    Code:
    [/IMG]
    forum tags. Or just use the "insert image" button (next to lists, identation, hyperlinks, remove-hyperlinks, and insert-email address buttons).
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I was wondering, are Experienced Traiters still needed by the team? If so, I'd like to apply for the position. My experience with the trait files are mostly restricted to the EB1 traits, as I love having a better understanding about what affects my characters' chances to get certain traits. But since I got M2TW just recently, I've been toying around with the trait system there as well. If a team member could clarify just how experienced a traiter they're looking for, I could either confirm I'm at the level required - or work on getting myself up there. I'm also looking at plenty of free time ahead, for the next whole year at the very least, as I'm simply doing independent research before applying for graduate studies. I feel as though I'm capable of accomplishing all the job description asks for. Furthermore, the prospect of collecting historical research from the other team members - even if only to translate them into game effects/traits/ancilliaries - is an incredible motivation for me to help in this position.

But in any case, please let me know what the team is more specifically looking for as far as this position goes. I'm currently unaware as to how I should better "sell" myself. I've never made a trait/ancilliary sub-mod for EB1 because I prefered to learn how the trait system worked rather than make unofficial changes to it based on little research. I'd love for the chance to put what I learnt to practice.

Im still a student but in 3 weeks I'll finish my exams. I'd like to help with somethig basic bcause I know nothing about modding. I can translate to spanish if you want. Anyway Ill try to learn with the tools you posted on page 3 when i get more freetime. So can i help?

I realize this isn't something you asked for, but I figured I would offer anyway. I am a professional copy-editor, and as I go along in EB I have noticed a few errors here and there. I decided to stfu about them since no one likes a Grammar Nazi, but now that I see this thread I figure perhaps I may be of service in the new version.

If you send me the text files used to create unit/building descriptions and the like I would be happy to give you notes back on them. Alternately, if you would prefer, I can start keeping track of things I see in EB1 and PM/post them, assuming you are planning to make a patch for it at some point in the future.
    Emendator, the only submod for teachers and librarians!

PM sent to Exosus.

I Am Herenow

Scripting in XML editing isn't it?

I've been browsing for a while then I saw that.

I've just finshed college so apart from looking for a job I'm not going to be doing much. I have a small bit of experance with XMLs, I did my own mini-mod for a TC mod of Star Wars:Empire At War, (the TC is called Phoneix Rising). I've also browsed though Vanila Rome:TW XMLs but I havn't really done much editing beyond seting all the unlockable factions to starting factions and altering starting forces. However if you need someone extra to do some light work on the XMLs, then I'm avalable. However my copy of Kingdoms is broken and I still need to get a replacement, but I can do that next time I go into town.

Statistical anomaly Member []Aba's Avatar
    Standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour

Hey
    First post. I registered specialy to see if you still need modelers/skinners. Realy looking forward to this mod and I'd like to help move things a little bit faster if I can :P
    A bit about me
    I'm a Games Computing graduate. My main area of expertise is modeling, texturing and mapping. I tend to stay away from character design but I'm quite happy modeling and texturing props/static objects. I'm using blender and gimp. I'm unemployed ATM so I have a lot of free time, and frankly working on a mod that doesn't show signs of death would greatly improve my chances of getting a job doing something similar at least.

Some examples of my work in the next post. It wont let me add a hotlinked image in my first post lol.
    =================================================

They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had[...]
    And what have they ever given us in return?!
    =================================================

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast