Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The EB II Help Required Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default The EB II Help Required Thread

This is thread is no longer updated. EB2's new recruitment thread can be found here.

I am posting this instead of TK as he is away for a bit. Please, if anyone is interested in working on EB II, post a little about yourself in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-421
    Welcome Europa Barbarorum Fans!

I am tk-421, EB recruiter.

This thread is a place for fans to see what positions are needed within the EB group. Post here or PM me if you are interested. Note that if you volunteer as a text editor or description writer, this is not the best place to post your work.

The current empty spots are:

High Priority:

ANIMATORS!!! We really need a good animator or two to help our current animation team in designing the myriad of animations we will need for EB II.

Skinners and Modelers- We really need more good skinners and modellers. Skill with anything from units, strat map models for cities, vegetation, battle maps, cities, etc.

Experienced Traiters-We need people to work on traits. Experience with the traits files is very helpful (especially EB traits), but the most important thing is plenty of free time. A traiter would need to:

• Collect historical research from other team members.
    • Produce new traits/ancillaries by translating historical information into the appropriate effects and triggers.
    • Research the traits system and work to improve it.

Low Priority:

Scripters-EB has many scripts and even more will be included. At the moment, however, we have a lack of scripters. You don't have know everything about RTW scripting but experience would be nice. If you don't have that much experience it isn't much of a problem as long as you can be very active and are willing to learn.

Is there something you think you can help with that isn't listed? Contact me anyway. EB is always happy to see people showing interest and offering help, and perhaps the job you want might be available.
    Last edited by Ludens; 06-02-2011 at 09:22. Reason: Including link to new recruitment thread

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

Default Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

I was a little disconcerted to hear that you guys didn't have a full-time proof-reader.

I would offer my services in this field. I'm also fairly adept with history (although I know the team has plenty of historians).

As far as modding goes, I am teaching myself some things concerning script tinkering, but that's about the extent of it, and surely there are those out there better qualified than I.

Bootsiuv
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Hey Zak, I have applied before for the skinning/modeling help, but I am absolutely awful at modeling.

However here are some skins I have done for a med2 mod (deus lo vult), so if you think I might be of any use to you as a skinner give me a shout.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116749

p.s I really work to my best from concepts.

Mega

"Break in the Sun, till the Sun breaks down"

I would love to help. I know a lot about ancient history and am very interested in the topic. I could help with artwork as well because I am a great drawer of ancient peoples. Only thing wrong is that I still go to school if thats alright then cool sign me up.

Ok, I've PM Urnamma with a more precise candidature.

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Azzbaz--Thanks for the desire to help. Instead of telling us how great you are, can you post some samples of your work?

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

hey no spite now, but yes I will send some work when i can work my scanner i promise

hey im a skinner with about 5 years of experience, however im new to total war. Id like to help out where i can, let me know what you think.... I have to post url in next post aparently

Nice pic. Looking forward to see what you can do with ancient stuff .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

This looks pretty interesting.

Of course, I'd love to help, but I do not have any experience in texturing, skinning, modelling etc. I don't have any experience at all in modding with R:TW, but I think I'll be most handy in traiting, seeing how that has less to do with modelling and skinning than...modelling and skinning :D

Though I may not be the best addition to the team, the upside is about my life that I have lot's and lot's of spare time! Oceans of it. Although you may not need anymore historical information, I have stacks of books concerning Ancient Greece and the Diadochoi. Furthermore, I have been interested in ancient Greece and Rome (and the Celts, a bit) since I was a tiny boy. Tinier than I am now anyways.

Well, that's all I can give you for now, so I'd go for the traiting. Of course, if a more experienced member could give me some of the info about traiting, I'd be more than happy.
    This space intentionally left blank.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

I have lots of experience with statting, could I help?
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

well, I'll be happy to help, but Im not the best at modding. I do, however, know a lot about roman history. If I can do anything, please inform me.

Oh, I forgot to add that I know how to balance traits out amoung characters and know about some traits people would have had then (if that helps).

Alright. I just wanted to add something.

If there's anything that's long and tedious and boring and no-one else wants to do it, I'm fixable for that.

You'd better mind your words: it's very dangerous to say "tedious, boring? Well I'd like to help with that".
    You might just end up re-writing all the descriptions... What, some 200-400 pages?! On my own?! Yes, you just got admitted!
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I know! :P

But seriously, I might say I have the most spare time a person can about get in it's life. If I don't sleep or eat that is :P

I speak some languages. Could you need help in translating matters?
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

Quote Originally Posted by delablake
    I speak some languages. Could you need help in translating matters?
    There is a group of people translating EB to German, although we do not control any such efforts. You'll probably be better off seeking out others speaking the language in question who are interested in collaborating.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-04-2008 at 23:10.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thumbs up Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

I posted this on TWC : still looking for help? Click my sig and tell me if it displays good abilities and if you're interested. Just note I'm mostly aiming at helping with skins, I've never moddeled for M2TW, neither do I have Milkshape... I guess I could get it at some point if the dire need arises, then it'll just be adapting skills. And I don't have kingdoms right now...

With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Well, I don't have any modding experience, and I don't have M2TW, but I noticed from playing EB that alot of the "This year in History" and other text sections have minor grammatical and spelling errors, which, as far as I know, arise from having such an international team and such a vast job. I would like to help editing these text sections so that they look better. This way, other, more talented members of the team can concentrate on other areas.

Disclaimer: if there are any errors in my posts, don't jump on me because this is only the forum and not the actual editing.

Please let me know if you would like me to do this.

Chairman
    My balloons -

Id love to help out with the scripting. I dont have any experience but I can do alot of research and am willing to learn any skills necessary if the help is needed. it would be great to help out on this brilliant game.

Hi there, I'd like to try for traiter.

I've put out a mod for RTW:Rome Total Realism called Crowley's Academy. The only evidence of it's existance that the forum hasn't swallowed is . But it basically assigned management traits to generals stationed in citys with academies, along with a couple other common sense fixes to the trait system. I understand MTW2 has a couple of new twists to it compaired to RTW, but am eager to both learn and exploit them :)

I'm also a senior at UH, majoring in both history and anthropology. My interests lie inside of this time period, so I won't be going in totally blind.

So let me know if you can use me

Whoops, link to my mod is here.

Hi all,

I've been a fan of EB for a while now and I loved the historical aspect of the game. I have a minor in classical studies with focuses on the Greek, Roman and Trojan periods. I know the Greeks and Romans are probably the two factions that you have the most subject matter experts in, but if you need one more, I would be willing to help out. Also, I can help to do research and the like, I do have a lot of old historical books. I will also try to find more out about the other factions. I do have some knowledge of the Epirote, Carthaginian, Gallic, and Ptolemaic (I loved that you changed the name of Egypt to this, as it had started to have been discussed that the later "Egyptian" leaders like Cleopatra might have had very distinct Greek attributes due to her lineage) factions.

Also, I do draw quite a bit, not professionally like others here, but it's been a hobby of mine for a while. Unfortunately, not being a professional, I don't know all the great computer tricks to make the drawings look better, but i do shade and color some of my better drawings. Another, probable detraction, is that I draw more in the manga/anime style, so, it may not be what you would be looking for as concept art as I've seen the style that's used in the previous EBs.

One last note, I am currently travelling through Europe (already visited London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin) and am in Athens currently. If there is anything from the museums you would like me to look at and take pictures of, let me know and I'll do my best to get these to you guys. I am also going to Molyvos on Lesvos and Florence and Rome before returning to the States, so, if there is anything from those areas you would need references from, let me know and I'll try to get the pictures and references from there also. I will be visiting a lot of museums while I'm in these areas, so, it'll probably jive with what I'm going to be doing anyway.

Lastly, I wouldn't mind doing editing work on the large amount of text that you guys have in the game from unit cards to script based event cards. If you need any more help with that (it seems like you have a lot already), I'd be willing to help in that department also. I've written a lot of reports (I do a lot of data analysis and economic analysis), so I'm pretty good and editing, revising and tweaking things to make them more appealing to the end user.

If none of this is useful to you guys (as I know you guys need skinners and such, which I've never done, although I have a natural affinity for computers and programs), it's okay too. I'd just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring to help out with the game as much as possible, so we can all see it that much faster. I really can't wait to play a ancient world based game on the M2TW engine. My first thought in playing M2TW was, "I wonder if they're going to remake RTW with these graphics and game tweaks."

Either way, kudos to you guys for tackling this and working so hard on it. Best of luck and I, with everyone else, will be waiting anxiously for it's release.

Going in Athens archaeological museum is a very enlighting experience. If you happen to take some pics along the way we wouldn't mind, of course!

Thing is, it would be a great thing for you to have those pics, either you become an EB member or not. We are always on the lookout for concept unit artists so please post a drawing of an EB unit.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Hi I was told by Redmeth, to come here, I was looking to apply for skinning,& modeling But I'm still a noob so you guys will have to show me the way to do things. But also Redmeth told me there are tutorials on modeling and skinning. Can you guys show me where to find them?

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arron Swan View Post
    Hi I was told by Redmeth, to come here, I was looking to apply for skinning,& modeling But I'm still a noob so you guys will have to show me the way to do things. But also Redmeth told me there are tutorials on modeling and skinning. Can you guys show me where to find them?
    Oh hey, I PM'ed you at TWC.

I can't do much, but I'm more than willing to learn, and soon I will have 8 weeks of completely free time, and I can put in a decent amount of hours then. I would like to help with modeling, but haven't done any before. How do I do it? If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be more than grateful.
    I can certainly help with research and proof-reading, the former particularly with the Romans, and to an extent, the Casse. If needs be though, I can do anything.
    Scripting I also am willing to do but as yet ignorant has to how. Again, a nudge in the right direction, and I'll be fine.
    Really do want to see this mod.
    Cheers!
    CHE RORINIHO

I realize this isn't something you asked for, but I figured I would offer anyway. I am a professional copy-editor, and as I go along in EB I have noticed a few errors here and there. I decided to stfu about them since no one likes a Grammar Nazi, but now that I see this thread I figure perhaps I may be of service in the new version.

If you send me the text files used to create unit/building descriptions and the like I would be happy to give you notes back on them. Alternately, if you would prefer, I can start keeping track of things I see in EB1 and PM/post them, assuming you are planning to make a patch for it at some point in the future.
    Emendator, the only submod for teachers and librarians!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast