Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

Default 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

NOTE THAT THESE FIXES ARE FOR 1.0, NOT 1.1!

DO NOT POST ANYTHING HERE BUT COMMENTS ON THE FIXES, SUCH AS A BROKEN LINK. FOR HELP, CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD.

Having a crash before even starting the campaign? Take a look at the EB installation validation sticky before posting a thread for help.

I will post important updates here, for instance CTD fixes. When the instructions say to unpack files, you can use 7-zip, which is free.

If your game crashes, with all permanent fixes installed, please try more than once as some crashes happen as flukes, never to return. These flukes are impossible to investigate, so only post a report if the crash is persistent (or happens very often spread over some turns).

The temporary fixes will disable varying degrees of functionality and should therefore only be used to get past a persistent crash. Even if installing a temporary fix gets you past the problem, we still want you to post the savegame before the persistent crash, to help us find permanent, non-gamebreaking fixes. Try all the temporary fixes before posting. When you do post, make sure to say which temporary fix got you past it. If it still crashes with the temporary ones, please answer the questions found here in your report.

Permanent fixes for 1.0:
    • descr_disasters.txt NOT RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2007-10-21
      • Some of the new disasters are in rare cases too powerful, killing all the soldiers in a stack and causing a CTD when doing some things with it afterwards, and possibly ghost armies will besiege your town. This will reduce the effect from apocalyptic to catastrophic.
      • The fix will overwrite world/maps/base/descr_disasters.txt, you may want to make a backup first.
      • Download this file from the EB FTP.
      • Unpack into <RTW directory>/EB/data.
      • Delete or rename <RTW directory>/EB/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm. It will be regenerated when you next start the game.

• Oppida PROBABLY RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2007-10-23
      • If an Oppidum is present in a settlement with an incompatible culture, such as Ars&#233;, the game will CTD when loading a battle on that tile, or viewing the settlement. Redmeth has fixed this so it will no longer crash. Unfortunately, this is part of a packed file which means the fix is pretty big (file size).
      • The fix will overwrite descr_walls.txt and packs/mod_0.pak, you may want to make backups of these first.
      • Download this file from Rapidshare.

• export_VnVs.txt RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2007-10-25
      • A couple of people had crashes when viewing the recruitment in Rome. This was caused by the faction leader gaining three levels of Dignitas before dying. This will correct a typing mistake that was causing the crash, now he may become as dignified as he'd like.
      • The fix will overwrite text/export_VnVs.txt, you may want to make a backup of this first.

• Script fixes PARTLY RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2008-03-01: Added note and link to a helpful post about how to fix the reform spam in ongoing campaigns.
      • The Sweboz reform has a bug and won't happen. The fix by Blitzkrieg80 will make it work again. RETROACTIVE.
      • The Seleukid reform has a bug and won't happen as often as it should. Fixed by me, reminded by burn_again to actually include it. Also added the reform building to Alexandreia-Ariana, fixed by burn_again. RETROACTIVE.
      • The Sweboz, Hayasdan and Qarthadast reforms had a bug causing them to potentially spawn its buildings many times. Fixed by Atilius. This is NOT retroactive. You will still get problems down the line in campaigns started without this fix. To save your ongoing campaign, you will have to do some juggling with the files.
      • Atilius fixed the Sweboz triumph CTDs. RETROACTIVE.
      • Atilius fixed the Gaul-Epeiros alliance CTDs. RETROACTIVE.
      • Atilius fixed the CTD connected to the Yuezhi invasion. RETROACTIVE.
      • The fix will overwrite scripts/show_me/EBBS_SCRIPT.txt, you may want to make a backup of this first.

• Building fixes PROBABLY RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2008-01-20
      • The Pahlava MIC5 has impossible requirements to build. This fix by JMRC will make it buildable, giving access to the grivpanvar (and possibly more).
      • The rebellion CTD that keeps haunting us may have been fixed. Makanyane came with crucial input to perhaps eliminate this bugger once and for all.
      • The fix will overwrite export_descr_buildings.txt, you may want to make a backup of this first.
      • Download this file from the EB FTP or Rapidshare.

Temporary fixes:
    • Oasis CTD
      • Updated 2007-10-21
      • Only some people are having problems with the oasis. If you find that this is the solution in your case, you should keep it installed. Otherwise, treat it as a temporary troubleshooting thing (you want the oasis, right?).
      • Make a backup by copying <RTW directory>/EB/data/descr_settlement_plan.txt to descr_settlement_plan.txt.original.
      • Store the archive inside <RTW directory>/EB/data.
      • Use the fix as needed:
        • Unpack descr_settlement_plan.rar. It will overwrite descr_settlement_plan.txt.
        • Run the game to get past the crash.
        • Restore the original plan file by copying descr_settlement_plan.txt.original to descr_settlement_plan.txt.

• Trait file nerf
      • Updated 2007-10-21
      • Sometimes trait triggers make the game crash, in rare conditions. This file will disable all triggers so you can bypass these problems.
      • Make a backup by copying <RTW directory>/EB/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt to export_descr_character_traits.txt.original.
      • Store the archive inside <RTW directory>/EB/data.
      • Use the fix as needed:
        • Unpack export_descr_character_traits.rar. It will overwrite export_descr_character_traits.txt.
        • Run the game to get past the crash.
        • Restore the original trait file by copying export_descr_character_traits.txt.original to export_descr_character_traits.txt.

Optional changes:
    And why are they optional and unsupported? Because they do not concern fatal bugs. You will be able to complete a game without them.
    • Client ruler increased sally movement NOT RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2007-11-18: further decreased reduction of the penalty.
      • Sometimes the client rulers have a problem with sallying to repel a siege. This will reduce their movement penalty.
      • Make a backup by copying <RTW directory>/EB/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt to export_descr_character_traits.txt.original (or something else if it already exists).
      • Delete or rename <RTW directory>/EB/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm. It will be regenerated when you next start the game.

• Apeleutheroi nerf RETROACTIVE
      • Updated 2007-10-24
      • Apeleutheroi were given a really high lethality, which does not combine very well with rebellion spawned gold chevrons. This will reduce their battle effectiveness considerably.
      • Make a backup by copying <RTW directory>/EB/data/export_descr_units.txt to export_descr_units.txt.original (or something else if it already exists).

Last edited by bovi; 04-07-2008 at 22:58.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Default Re: 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

Thank you Bovi! This should have a sticky, and 0.81 fixes should be taken off sticky to avoid confusion.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Yes, that's the idea. I'm just not a moderator .

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Updated with a fix for the Oppida.

================
    ================

Are permanent fixes save compatable?

The current ones are.

================
    ================

Installed the Client ruler increased sally movement patch in my existing Sweboz campaign and the lazy bastards wont move.

Also trying to change govt types from type 4 and even though have destroyed the old mic, the client ruler is loitering....do we have to assassinate them :)

The client rulers will be there, simmering with the rage of being dethroned.

About the sallying, then he probably has other movement killing traits. You can try to reduce the penalty further, now it's merely reduced from -20 to -15. Note that in winter he probably won't be able to sally.

================
    ================

bovi, this isn't about the fixes but it would probably make more sense if you changed the link in your signature about "Easier switching between SP and MP EDU" to:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=93589

Thanks .

================
    ================

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

One that should be added to the list is the sweboz reforms. The fix is simple and explained here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...20&postcount=7

How do I apply these fixes?

By following the instructions...?

================
    ================

Updated with script fixes.

================
    ================

The file descr_disasters.txt that the first fix is supposed to overwrite is not in the EB\data folder (at least not in my clean EB install). I found one in EB\data\world\maps\base - is that the one I should back up?
    Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro

That's right. I've updated it now .

================
    ================

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    That's right. I've updated it now .
    The path within the archive was already correct though.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 11-02-2007 at 00:42.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Wink Re: 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

So EB 1.1 is under way? When should that be - I just want to know because I have to plan my own mod for EB and that is more likely to be after 1.1 -- so, if you can evem PM me or something I would realy be happy. .. then I could plan how to study and when to gather my energy for modding EB
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Does descr_disasters.txt fix affect existing savegames or only new games?

I believe it affects your current savegame, as long as you delete map.rwm. If a maxed disaster already has struck though, you could be screwed as it won't be retroactive.

================
    ================

Client ruler sally only works if you delete your Map file.

I didn't for about a week and played without my client rulers being able to sally........deleted my map file for another reason.....sallied with what I thought was a family member.........and the fix worked.

Just goes to show nothing is idiot proof :).......

Really? I thought trait effect changes didn't require that. Oh well, I've added the deletion to the instructions. Thanks!

================
    ================

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I bet that was just a coincidence. If it is only a trait change, the map.rwm doesn't matter.

I am pretty sure the only change made was deleting the map a week after putting in all the hot fixes. In the intervening week.....no sally...since map regeneration.....sally ho!.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Better safe than sorry. I always delete my map.rwm whenever I apply a fix.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus
    So EB 1.1 is under way? When should that be - I just want to know because I have to plan my own mod for EB and that is more likely to be after 1.1 -- so, if you can evem PM me or something I would realy be happy. .. then I could plan how to study and when to gather my energy for modding EB
    Anyway.. I hope it will be before 2008 ;)
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Could an Admin delete this post please - created by drunken housemate - he will pay
    Last edited by Henri; 11-06-2007 at 13:39.

Updated with an optional fix for making Pahlava MIC5 buildable.

================
    ================

Thank you soooo much JMRC & bovi

Edited !
    Last edited by kambiz; 11-11-2007 at 18:49.

Forgotten Empire

Thank JMRC .

================
    ================

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast