Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

Maksimus can you tell me why i get the message...invalid line...when i copy/paste RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    I didn't want to have to do this, but alright.

http://www.infinitemb.com/download/2...with_Link.zip/

Unzip this file to...say your desktop. Open the folder. Inside you will find two objects: 1) a shortcut called alxeb and 2) a folder named 'eb' (without quotes).

Before you proceed, make sure you have done the following:

Fresh install of RTW (do not install RTW into program files, install into a directory in root of your drive).

For convenience, let us assume we are installing Rome Total War into C:\RTW_EB

Patch RTW 1.3

Patch RTW 1.5

Install EB 1.1 into C:\RTW_EB

Patch EB 1.2 into C:\RTW_EB

EB 1.2 Fixes (You will need to unzip these fixes into C:\RTW_EB\EB\Data. If you did this correctly you will be prompted with endless overwrite prompts...choose to overwrite all.)

Copy alex executable file (engine file with purple icon) from your Alexander CD into C:\RTW_EB

Copy 'eb' folder that I mentioned in the beginning into C:\RTW_EB where the EB folder from the EB installation is located.
    This will prompt you to overwrite files that may be located within the original EB folder (checks for shared file names), choose Yes to overwrite all files.

Phew...now that you've done the bulk of the work, go back to the shortcut to the EB_Alex game that you found from the zip file you downloaded. Go to its properties page and if I remember correctly there are two important boxes named Target and Launch Path or just Path. Anyways, one points to ...\Rome - Total War\rtw-alex.exe or something along those lines. Change the first part to say C:\RTW_EB because THAT is where your ALEX engine file from your CD is located (you copied it in the beginning, remember?)
    Do the same with the launch path (does not point to file, only should change from C:\Program files\activision\rome... to C:\RTW_EB).

Good luck and I hope this helps because I have not used this engine or EAEM mod for over a month (because I need vanilla EB 1.2 to play online with others...I find playing humans more fun than the campaign. You can still have a separate EB folder just for the Alex engine so you can campaign, but that's a long long story. I can't be bothered!)
    Use this as guidance cyclops it worked for me ur probaly not doing something simple like dragging over the alex icon or installing data properly.

Also donnot instal alex the game into the same folder as ur going to use ur fresh copy of RTW with EB Make sure u make a fresh copy of rtw 1.5 to do modding
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

lionhard thx

My rtw folder..is 1.5,BI and alexander expansion

I will try to use only the 1.5 and copy the alx exe in there

Wierd thing is,that amazing first post....see here

In details:

1. Install Rome Total War + 1,3 and 1,5 patches.
    2. Install Alexander expansion or extract the Alx.exe file only into your RTW folder.
    3. Install EB 11 and EB 12.
    4. EB fixes.

point 2 is really interesting...the first 3 words .. truly rocks

Pls update the first post,i think i'm not the only one here with problems to install this....and even i have modding experience...inmagine

But really thx..should have noticed his post....i read all 5fu**in1 pages
    Guess it was to late or i.....to stoned

But does this also work with the EAEM mod?

Get up to RTW 1.5
    Copy Alx.exe to RTW folder
    Get up to EB 1.2 with fixes
    Choose to install EAEM or Alx on EB 1.2
    Create the appropriate shortcut
    Play...
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

vartan thx again....
    Its simple when reading your post,the first post should be also...:)

(maksimus)Change the first post pls,otherwise more noobs like me will ask you the same old shit all over again...i even read all pages for christ sake(not good enough though)

Some one should start a new thread about it...including faction progress..enzo

How about installing FD?
    I read that it wont work with AlexEB..True?

Pfff....still the same....invalid target line...when i want to paste it....why? lol

And vartan what file is the .DS Store in your zip?

Edit:...i got it to work...pls dont ask...
    I can tell you only that i dont know...must i smile or cry(refer:to the pls dont ask part)
    Last edited by Aurgelmir; 06-13-2009 at 12:26.

Hi, i tried to install the full mod,when i install it without the last fixes all goes fine, but after i install the fixes in the front page(OFFICIAL FIXES Last update 17 april 2009 ) i receive an error message when loading and it returns to desktop.

Downloaded the fixes again and now works

EDIT
    I played some turns with chartage, the mod seems really well done and the Ia much improved. With the ai_dont_attack_faction feature and the stronger rebels i think i will see an much slower and historical espansion of the ai, wich is good, never liked Rome's conquest of scandinavia. The economy seems much better too, you can't simply swim in the money anymore. My only concern is about buildings. Raising the construction time a little, even double them, is good, but like now i think is too much. It's true that the construction of an Huge palace take dozens of years, but with the rtw system you can build only one thing at once, in this way you can't simply have enough development. Only the building of an palace, recruitment system and an harbour take like 120 turns/30 years, so you can't for example develope Capua like it was in the end of timeframe, with advanced aqueducts, advanced system of recruitment, forum, farms, palaces, huge harbours etc.

And here is the question
    I had try to upgrade a city by cheating to test some things of the mod(arretium, by adding population and buildings) but seems that i can't build the palace needed to upgrade the city. That means that all the city will not be upgraded in the whole timeframe?
    I think i will reduce all construction times by half, do you think it will screw the mod balance?
    Last edited by uriel1987; 06-14-2009 at 00:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    And vartan what file is the .DS Store in your zip?
    Ignore those. Those are useless files, so is the MacOSx folder. These are only there because I made the zip file on my Macintosh computer. Sorry about the inconvenience.

-Vartan
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Guys im still currently playing EB with the alex engine and iv made a few tests to clear my mind and to be sure it actually is better AI.

I have vanilla EB on my laptop so i started a custom match on my pc with alex eb comparing to my laptop with vanilla eb and the exact same things happend every time. I played out like 6 or 7 battles with different units making surer everything was exactly the same. I thought Alex was supposed to act smarter?

So far in my campaign, Everything is playing out as normal and the same things r happening that hapend in the 20 other campaigns iv played out over the last year on vanilla EB.

Has any 1 got any suggestions how to test if this is better than vanilla EB? or if iv installed wrong?

Oh and P.S i had 1 general at the start of the game with night attack as koinon hellon and when he died i have none so i have never used night attack or had it used against me.

Is this the same 4 every 1 else or is it just me ?
    Last edited by lionhard; 06-14-2009 at 13:06.
    From Olaf the Great

Quote Originally Posted by option View Post
    I decided to try my hand at getting EB ALEX (engine only) to work for my comp, and followed all the instruction vartan laid out. I couldn't quite make the whole target-path thing work (only the one that didn't actually target the engine itself, but only the directory it's located in worked, the other kept telling me the file path wasn't valid), but I managed to get it to run with my regular EB icon. It seems to load fine, with the Alexander line appearing at the bottom of the initial game startup screen, but I get some really weird bugs with my saved games. Everything seems to be normal, but the traits of my FMs are all really screwed up - just about all of them have 'Father Avenged Against Sabaens', 'Mediocre When Outnumbered', 'Silun-Pisun (or something) Defender' and 'Recruited General'. All their races are changed, too - in my Epeiros campaign, all my family members are Sogdianos, Ionios, or some other weird race they shouldn't be. Also, in my Baktrian campaign, my faction leader has lost the 'Baktria Victory Conditions' and had it replaced with 'Qart-Hadast Victory Conditions' and 'Saba Victory Conditions'. Everything seems to be as per norm when I start a new campaign, but I can't figure out how to fix this traits thing. Any ideas?

EDIT: I should add that EVERY family member in both my Baktrian and Epirote campaigns also has Hiero of Syrakousai's biography. This is too weird.
    same shit happened to me, I am going to see what happens with new family members, i.e if i sit it out will the problem resolve itself

I am part the way through an awesome hai campagin and it would be a shame if everything stays mesed up

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    Use this as guidance cyclops it worked for me ur probaly not doing something simple like dragging over the alex icon or installing data properly.

Also donnot instal alex the game into the same folder as ur going to use ur fresh copy of RTW with EB Make sure u make a fresh copy of rtw 1.5 to do modding
    Yep did all that. Step by step. Five times. Not going bonkers as a result, just a twitch in the left eyeball.

I appreciate all the kind advice given (Vartan in particular, but all of the advice is gratefully recieved) and I sadly resign myself to missing out.

My system was put together in 2001 or 02 by a mate, it has been absolutely top shelf for the duration but is now nearing the end. It ran ETW rather shakily and I doubt it will support the much anticipated SC2 so I'll have to budget in a new system soon.
    From Hax, Nachtmeister & Subotan

Jatte lambasts Calico Rat

@lionhard

Alex engine is not mod, its just engine. With engine files you need to have epic battles to get night battle traits to your generals.

@Aurgelmir

Hi, your target line is wrong pls see first page. In other case, first page is detailed since i had MUCH MUCH more complains when it was simple.

@uriel1987

Yes it will screw up balance.
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

I have won lots of heroic victories and not got night attack?

Also none of the enemy have night attack seems a waste to have it in alex, i wonder if its used much in the alex campaign?

Also im only saying the AI is not very intelligent and versitile because at the start of this topic it states how amasing the AI changed with the alex engine.

Im not prepared to dl some sub mod that changes EB, theirs no info here about it and the whole reason i visit these forums is because of vanilla EB.

Alex was just supposed to change the AI to make it better and so far iv had no naval invasions, and havnt seen any evidence of troops being retrained.

Maybe iv installed it wrong?

But if all this other stuff works ok i must have installed it correctly right?

Can sum 1 give me sum feed back thx
    From Olaf the Great

@lionhard

Your questions and remarks are nice posted on wrong address, vanilla EB thread deals with issues of EB vanilla game its in other section of the forum.

However, even just changing target line is beneficial tho no night traits are set on start since its is vanilla eb.

Alx.exe AI has all the advantages that are posted on the main forum. Due to EB vanilla RTW.exe based setup in the script, most of the AI features are very hard to see by inexperienced players while playing vanilla EB using Alx.exe.

EAEM has gone to Total PC Gaming (UK) magazine writen by
    Balbor (Creative Director of Forth Age:Total War).

This is the best mod online for EB that makes EB - ALXEB game.

I hope you try it one day :)
    Last edited by Maksimus; 06-15-2009 at 17:08.

maybe i will try it 1 day but for now ill stick with EB which iv played for over a year their is lots of information on the forum. Their is no info on this mod of urs and countless people are struggling to install it.

I am posting here about problems with alex enigne because at the start of this topic you kept lots of people on the edge of their seats with pics of changes in EB gameplay ect. My only question was to general public who have used this engine to see if they have the same problem as me or if it could be my install.

Im not a big modder hence spending over a week trying to install the alex engine thx to vartan i did it.

Maybe its all a coincidence but for the 10 or so campaigns iv carried out over 200 bc everything is playing out the same.
    Last edited by lionhard; 06-15-2009 at 21:55.
    From Olaf the Great

Hi,

As i wrote, and as it is, AI is better and its up to players to you use it.

EB vanilla script really does cripple AI and AI does not have enough population or coins to Expand to alx AI features in most cases (EAEM fix that). Actually you can see this improvements if enemy factions are rich not poor and or broke. In this case its really up to players to understand how EB vanilla works in consideration to the comments.

Almost every single RTW mod that comes out i get pm's from their devs and project leaders asking me how to implement alx.exe.

Other thing about install issues,

All issues ppl have had with installation are in the forum threads. And i have looked into it few times so far.

What I can say is this.
    Alx.exe AI files and EAEM so far, (since 2007) combined with all eb expansions and links uploaded on the main page of this thread, is used by tens of thousands of ppl. And really only few people had issues.

Year ago when the thread was much more simple I had issues with ppl that wanted more details.

Hey mate , pozdravlenja za tvoja rabota ( my pathetic attempt at srpski , based on my knowledge of bulgarski , hey at least I tried man :) , I 'm greek btw so don't throw stones at me , bulgarian is not my mother tongue either :P

I failed to understand however the changes implemented in EAEM from the first post , could you please elaborate a bit ? Is this modification stable ? How does your modification affect the smaller A.I. factions ? Any known issues ?

A link will suffice , the thread is too long for my slow internet connection .

I own a copy of Alexander TW , I 've bought the "eras" box , so I believe that I have all I need to enjoy your further modifications on the excellent mod that is EB , but I would like some info on EAEM first .

Thank you in advance .

Satyros

P.S. : Btw , on an off topic note , way to go on the basketball side of things , always have been a great admirer of certain Serbian players , also , thank you for Jelimir Obradovic , no really , thank you . He's the pride of every true and loyal fan of the greatest greek sports club , Panathinaikos , as soon as we establish ourselves as the greatest basketball team of all times in Europe ( titles-wise ) he will ascend to godhood status in the heart of every fan of our glorious club . Yep , another triple crown this year . Yes , that's us , glory glory ...
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

hi,

I never really had time to write much about EAEM, its just epic, credits themselfs say alot. But still, part of the marketing was up to others that dont work in team anymore. I suggest you try it, its much harder and interestiong :D

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

As my Total war series are an enourmous maze of installations, do I need to reinstall or can I change a file?

Thanks

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

It reccomends a fresh copy of RTW 1.5 so i have a spare copy of RTW 1.5 and then in my main copy the vanilla versions of rtw and alex and then i have mods such as EB and ROP

Edit: you might have to reinstall RTW to get a fresh copy for modding its hard to distinguish which files belong where when uv got all 3 of them in 1 file (if u have alex and bi installed that is)
    Last edited by lionhard; 06-19-2009 at 08:03.
    From Olaf the Great

Im sorry if this has been discussed before....

After installing and re-installing - I have had these 2 errors during the load up on the 2 different times....

"Script error in eb/data/export_descr_unit.txt ...... no model for generic ship baitaz"

" - - - rebel unit type eastern infantry indian spearmen not found in unit_db"

Can you please show me where I am going wrong?

Please bear in my mind that I am not a modder in any shape or form - seriously - I cant be bothered with that stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

its a generic error, you should reinstal your game RTW and EB and EAEM

I re installed using Program Files/ ACIVSION / rather than creative assembly and HEY PRESTO! it works

this is a very good engine - thanks very very much!!

BUT!!! now in my campaign I am crashing while loading a battle - as apparently the model for the Bosphoran Infantry is missing...... the file path stated that this would be in BI - which i dont have - will installing this solve the issue or am I in a sticky situation?

Im doing a romani campaign atm and im having real trouble, macedonia has 9 full stack armies marching around slapping everything, they have stretched around dacia leaving them along due to them being allied, swarmed into the north to bospria (however u spell it) and have the whole of modern day turkey, segestia is my strong hold and i am just about holding them off. (its been 15 years and they r still throwing everything at me.

Meanwhile im struggling to gain territory in germany i seem to be defending on all frounts.

Im hoping averini dont attack me cas ill have to migrate to carthage (god knows how tough they are now they have been left alone for years and are taking ptolemaics lands which are vast.

Im on the edge of my seat but my main query is that macedonia are so strong is that due to me using alexander with EB can any 1 answer this?
    From Olaf the Great

@Jorduan

hi please download the fixes >D

@lionhard

Hi,

Only thing I can say is to battle Macedonia on their main army sources.. Pella Pergam Athens.. depens.

Being in defense will not do anygood

its hard atm because i tryed blitzing the germans and they threw everything they had at me after counquering half their empire now they took back the north and i am too weak and the settlements i own are unhappy due to war tax, i can only afford to upkeep 4 full stack armies max. 2 of those are in germany and 2 are defending from macedonia. I need to kill germany before i can mass my units into macedonia but everytime i gain an extra foot they take it back, im fighting with mercenarys and few roman soldiers.

Dont get me wrong im loving it because its hard, but im scared because macedonia have 5 full stacks finishing epirus off, they r gonna slap me hard in a matter of years. Im already making plans to emmigrate to carthage with my entire empire.

Edit: the battles are easy enough when i have reasonable force but the enemies outnumber me.

This is down to me having a non attack policy until 250 bc lol
    Last edited by lionhard; 06-25-2009 at 22:02.
    From Olaf the Great

oh, i c

well if you dont start expand from the start and fight you may always end in these situations

hope your Africa helps tho

hi @ all,

i am new here and have joined couse' of a BIG problem after installing the last fixes for "EB on ALEX" after my roman campain chrashes around 230 BC.

now there is an CTD saying "unspecified unit type roman legonary first cohort i in the export_dscr_buildings" and somthing about "no unit model for indian infantry in dscr_rebels ... "

eb is a great game and alex.exe is the best engine for it, so i would wish to continue playing, please help.

anyone else had same problems?

coz fixes are save game compatible, um

It may be you have used fix for EAEM and you are using one engine files.

Pls reinstall game :(

thx for fast reply!

ok, i will do so but..is there any way not to mod the files for alex.exe manually?

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast