Thread: Using some files

Default Using some files

Hi,

Currently I am using Retromod/Yakasplats (original map) mods together along with Lusted's AI. No plan to change. I would like to use some of your files specifically for my own use:

1. descr_win conditions
    2. Campaign Script
    3. Faction standing
    4. descr_missions

In my current setup all of these files are original MTWII and are not altered. Do you anticipate I can just copy them over?

What file controls this?

"Lastly, the frequency at which rebels spawn has been reduced but concurrently, rebels will be a lot more active in building and recruitment."

Thanks

JW

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Using some files

Yes, you can copy them over, but you'd have to start a new game due to mission, script and conditions files for them to take effect/not crash your game.
    You can still run your game the way you currently do that way.

When do use the above, I would recommend you also use the missions string.bin file as otherwise some text might not be updated.

Regarding the rebels, I made them active using the campaign_db files (the ai and non ai ones). buildings file also plays a role in that actually as otherwise they won't build and train units.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)