Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 1,201 to 1,227 of 1227

Thread: Out of character thread XIX

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: Out of character thread XIX

@TC,

Did my tirade of amusing swearing make it into the Chronicles of the Illuminati?

I'm still reading and I haven't seen it yet?

@All,

FYI. The final Illuminati story just came out in draft format. The others are looking at it now...hopefully it will be up in a few days.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 04-09-2008 at 21:52.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I can't remember, but I haven't edited any of it recently. If it's in there, it's in whatever form I originally used.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

There are a few ...er...strong Anglo-Saxon words that have been left in. I only saw a few scanning the original word document.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw one instance, most of it got bleeped out. You did have your tirades AG.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    I saw one instance, most of it got bleeped out. You did have your tirades AG.
    Yeah I certainly did.

I saw one F word left in...woops

I just remember having a particularly good tirade in which I even made myself laugh. I asked TC to leave it in with all the swearing. He sensibly said that he would have to edit it if we where to publish it. I've skimmed through the whole thing and didn't see it. I'll have to do a proper read and see if TC left it in.

He is a Moderator after all.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 04-10-2008 at 08:39.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Was this tirade part of the epic and ultimately futile "Marry off the Dread Duke, using the Chancellor and the Order of the Illuminati as your Matchmakers" quest?
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight
    Was this tirade part of the epic and ultimately futile "Marry off the Dread Duke, using the Chancellor and the Order of the Illuminati as your Matchmakers" quest?

That could be it...I can't really remember though.

The Illuminati Dating Service didn't work out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    The Illuminati Dating Service didn't work out so well.
    He would have been a far more relaxed character if the dating service had of worked.

The whole concept wasn't too far fetch for me though. Royal marriages where real politics in the day...given who Arnold was I was pushing that line hard

Grandson of the first Emperor...not too shabby I thought.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant
    He would have been a far more relaxed character if the dating service had of worked.

The whole concept wasn't too far fetch for me though. Royal marriages where real politics in the day...given who Arnold was I was pushing that line hard

Grandson of the first Emperor...not too shabby I thought.
    I still love the fact that someone as homely looking as Jan could get married and Arnold was left waiting. Always the bridesmaid...

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Quote Originally Posted by Privateerkev
    I still love the fact that someone as homely looking as Jan could get married and Arnold was left waiting. Always the bridesmaid...
    yes that was most annoying

yes that was most annoying
    Which made it all the more enjoyable...

Duke of Nicosia

Quote Originally Posted by Privateerkev
    Which made it all the more enjoyable...
    exactly

I said it before, but the game seemed to know how to "play with us" on occasion.

exactly

I said it before, but the game seemed to know how to "play with us" on occasion.
    Yeah, the game has this weird left-to-right favoritism. After a loooong marriage slump, the game married Dassel, Hans, and Jan in quick succession. And then it stopped. (unless others happened after I took my break that I don't know about)

Duke of Nicosia

special thanks to AG for the story I just posted, he did most of it

Good job EF!!

@All. The last story for the Illuminati is up!!

OK is going to use the work NN has done in cataloging our story by placing it in the history thread for context help.

Therefore I'd like to thank OK for the massive amount of work he has done in the History thread and also NN for the immense amount of time he spent re-reading the Illuminati Chronicles and referencing it for better understanding.

At this time I think TC is going to post up the new rules.

To you all, I just want to thank everyone involved in this game, it's been an amazing experience and has left a bitter sweat taste in my mouth at it's end. That's usually a sign to me personally that this has been a unique experience in my life and something that I wont forget.

Of course final thanks to Econ21 and TinCow for their great contribution to running the game as a whole.

Cheers to you all and take it easy.

Regards
    Mark Goddard
    aka Arnold Duke of Austria
    aka Grand Master of the Illuminati
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 04-10-2008 at 19:44.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alas, my ending experience has been mostly bitter.

Indeed, it was a good run. It must have been about a year ago when I was reading through all the KOTR threads to catch up before I joined... Ah well, in the meantime I suppose I'll use my interim avatar and title.

spy reports say that PK is writing a story and TC is creating a new thread in the subforum. Should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret
    spy reports say that PK is writing a story and TC is creating a new thread in the subforum. Should be interesting
    Unfortunately the forum is slogging something fierce and I can't get to the "reply" part of the story thread. I was hoping to put up Part 2 of the "Sagas of Alfgarda" since it seems the stories are all wrapping up now.

Duke of Nicosia

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

I'm going to try to post my closing thoughts on KotR tonight, but for now let me echo some thanks:

Econ21 (& son), who gave me my introduction, more or less gave me Fritz, and whose excellent GM'ing of PvP battles was what drew me to it in the first place.

Tincow, whose handling of the Cataclysm was what actually made me pull the trigger already and sign up! Not to mention re-inducted me into the Order of the Illuminati, further enhancing my game experience.

GH, AG, OK, and NN whose various correspondence as the Illuminati greatly improved my fun in the game. Fritz was Illuminati to the death, and I have no doubt death in battle in the service of the Order was his highest calling. And double GH for running this final battle, natch!

FH for his KotRfix, general technical advice, and that gameplay advice I more or less ignored when I was getting started with Fritz.

Tamur for handing over his precious Fritzy into my hands. Hope I didn't stuff him up too much.

Igno for trying (hard) to recruit me into his little rebel kingdom in Swabia. I definitely would've signed on if I hadn't gotten Fritz.

Deguerra for Fritz's excellent shield. I guess I have to take it off now, eh?

Zim, who actually asked my advice a few times when he joined the game. Some wonderful behind the scenes IC pms flew, no few of them involving Fritz lying to cover up his re-recruitment into the Illuminati. Remember when I swore up and down I didn't want to be Chancellor... and the next week announced I was running? Yeah, that's when they recruited me.

Tristan, for great stories, and a willing aggression in the Swabian theatre to match Fritz's will-to-power bit as Chancellor.

Bob (Oh, wait, he's a Ferret now) who was always willing to put his avatar in Fritz's mental crosshairs.

Cecil, who wasn't willing but didn't cry out of being under the gun either.

Gibson, who took his brother's horrific betrayal and his own ultimate defeat pretty calmly, all things being considered.

...and PK, of course, who was Fritz's first and in many ways worst target. I still get a yechhh feeling off of having played a guy who threatened a widow and her kids.

If I didn't mention your name, I probably haven't heard from ya recently, but everyone who participated in KotR made the game more fun for me, so thanks to you too!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I almost inevitably did forget someone, so this is the space where I will add your name and pretend that no way did I edit this post just to do that. Please disregard.

and thank you Ramses for migrating the vikings!

uh I mean making Dieter's death (and life) so fun.

And of course everyone here needs a great big pat on the back.

This is gonna go on forever with everyone thanking each other

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Gracious Zeus in heaven, I've a lot of reading to do...
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Indeed you do.

Let's just say that Fritz did not fade into obscurity.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP
    Zim, who actually asked my advice a few times when he joined the game. Some wonderful behind the scenes IC pms flew, no few of them involving Fritz lying to cover up his re-recruitment into the Illuminati. Remember when I swore up and down I didn't want to be Chancellor... and the next week announced I was running? Yeah, that's when they recruited me.
    I do remember that. Since I was changing my mind every other day or so on whether I ever wanted to run, I just figured you had done the same. How wrong I was...

Since those days, Andreas was in the interesting position of not only being tied to two of the highest dread characters (despite his own chivalry), but two of the leading members of the Illuminati, and he never suspected a thing.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Whoa! Hey Tamur! You're joining the successor game, right?

And Ramses, Peter may be high-strung IC but I'm pretty dang mellow in real life. I probably have the least stress of anyone, ever.
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 04-11-2008 at 01:13.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Thanks to Northnovas (), the Illuminati chapters have been integrated into the History. There is a link to each chapter in the year it began. There are also collected links for all the chapters, with dates, at the end of the history. This will make it easier to access the Chronicles of the Illuminati, as loading the whole thing at once can be laggy.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

After transfering all of the KOTR threads to this forum, I noticed that KOTR ended up with about 21,000 posts. That is just under half of all posts in the entire Throne Room. The WOTS threads then bumped it up to over 26,000 posts, which is about 60% of the entire Throne Room. Note that KOTR was 4 times as large as WOTS. Good thing we've got a subforum now.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041