Thread: Changing a faction leader or generals starting age?

Default Changing a faction leader or generals starting age?

Ive been tinkering around in the descr_strat file with ages but the game wont load properly for some reoson, is there somewhere else I need to go to get a faction leaders age, or a general/heirs starting age changed?

thanks!

Default Re: Changing a faction leader or generals starting age?

Did you mod anything else? That may be what's causing the game to crash.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

sorry for taking so long on my reply,

The game loads normally in all respects until I attempt to change the age in desc_strat following the characters name.

For example I attempted to change the byz ruler Alexius to 32 instead of 45 for historical accuracy, the game itself loads but when attempting to load a new campaign the game goes right back to the selection screen without loading.

Is there another file that contains "named character" information?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

There is a minimum age difference between father and offspring. In the files its 12, but that doesn't always work. 16 is safer. And make sure that the second, third and fourth get an extra age compared to the first.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

thank you, that explains the crashes, cant do exactly what I wanted but thats alright