Thread: [EB] Hamachi help

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Question [EB] Hamachi help

Dear friends,

I would like to re-join EB on-line multiplayer community. Last year I have already participated in a number of on-line battles via Hamachi and it was just great. Then I have moved to another place, got a new computer and now I have a problem.

My operating system is Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, Hamachi version 2.0.66, and internet connection goes from ADSL (Telefonica) to a modem/router and then via Wi-Fi to my laptop comp. When I join a Hamachi network, I can see people online, they have "green" status, but with a yellow warning triangle indicating that there is a "Tunnel Problem" the "details" are telling me that there is an error in "VPN status". When I try to ping an on-line parter, the "ping" is not going through...

I am a total n00b when it comes to computers, so could please someone more savvy tell me what is wrong and how to remedy that situation? I would be very grateful for any advice. Many thanks in advance!

Default Re: Hamachi help

Marvin, I've had the same problem as you have currently. I would turn on my computer, run Hamachi, see my friends--but with a yellow caution sign on right hand side (failed to connect to VPN tunnel).

What did I do? I uninstalled the Hamachi network adapter via device manager, and then uninstalled Hamachi software. After restarting the computer, I proceeded to install Hamachi afresh, from which point on the software worked fine.

For Rome: Total War engine to connect its Lan gameplay through Hamachi, you must make sure that Hamachi is first place on the Connections list.

[Network and Sharing Center >> Manage Network Connections >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Adapters and Bindings >> Connections]

Good luck,
    Vartan

P.S. Hamachi has not been working for me recently (i.e. it runs fine, but at the lobby screen in Lan gameplay I only see myself, but not others, even though they are connected and in Lan lobby). Looking forward to making my own Hamachi setup work properly, as I also wish to resume MP gameplay.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Hamachi help

Thank you, dear friend, that really did help. No more yellow triangles for me and I can even "ping" others O.K. Now only to find some partner to play and hopefully our RTW/EBs will communicate with each other... Good luck to you, I would like to meet on the battlefied eventually!