Hi

I just got MTW Gold edition , I used to play MTW long time back and loved it and would really love to play it again.

Now I recently got MTW Gold Edition and I couldn't start it on my system. My system specs are:

Vista 64 bit SP1 Home Premium , HP dv9700 Notebook , Intel C2D T5750 2.o Ghz , 4 GB RAM , 17" LCD , Nvidia 8600M GS 512 MB.

As I have Vista - I tried some of the the solutions before installing the game as posted here like 1 ) turn off UAC 2 ) turn off windows firewall , anti-vrius. 3 ) Not using /program files or /users as folder for game installation.

I was able to install the game just fine in a new folder in C: ( where my windows are ) .

Then I copied the cracked "Medieval_TW.EXE" to my game directory , which is 5.15 MB and the original .exe was 6.4 MB.

As I have 8600M GS Nvidia card- I tried the solution given here 1) change the 2 button files in campmap folder as given by peter .

As I have 64 bit OS i thought to change compatibility to Windows XP SP2 , 98 or ME , 2000 or NT before running the game and made it run as administrator.

After doing all that I thought I'm good to go , but when i double clicked "Medieval_TW.EXE" I got an error saying : " The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running . Check your system's computer information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program , and then contact the software publisher". and there is just an "OK" tab on this error window , clicking on which just exits to desktop.

Now I am really frustrated as I thought that I will be able to play this game after all these long years and after trying almost everything I could find here.

Please help guys and suggest what changes should I make without suggesting to go for a new PC/laptop as that is out of scope. I really want to play this game again.

Now I know that MTW has some problems with 8xxx and 9xxx series nvidia cards but these occur during the game.