Thread: [EB] Online battles with a mac

Default [EB] Online battles with a mac

I did a search but I didn't find any threads about the mac version of Europa Barbarorum being playable online. I understand why you can't play RTW as mac vs PC (small code differences etc), so I am just wondering if Europa Barbarorum can be played mac vs mac (or mac vs PC if that is at all possible *crosses fingers*).

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: Online battles with a mac

Hmmm, I have no idea about that as I know nothing about mac file formats. Wish I could help.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it isn't possible to play vanilla R:TW Mac vs. PC, I doubt installing EB will make a difference. All EB does is change the data files; the code itself is untouched. As for Mac vs. Mac: why not? If it's possible for other mods, it should be possible for EB. But I don't know anything about gaming on Macs.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I figured I wouldn't be able to do a mac vs PC, thanks for the replies :>. If anyone else here has a mac and knows how to do online battles, let me know if you want a match!

I emailed Feral Interactive on two occasions about PC vs MAC. Both instances they reported that battles would not be supported, but Mac vs Mac should work fine. Since I play hotseat I also asked them if the save game should be compatible, and they confirmed it should (assuming version control). But I play too many mods I didn't want to mess it up, so I just run Windows 7 bootcamped on my MBP.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/.../download.aspx

You can download a Mac OS X version of Hamachi here (I too have a Mac), and presumably will be able to use the same sort of VPN platform that we use to play PC vs PC. As mentioned, you'll only be playing against fellow Apple users. Have fun!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Hello, any advice on being able to get EB to work on Macintosh through Gameranger? So far we've all been getting the incompatible data error message. Thank you.