Default Re: LEN Teh Footy God's Footballodium

blatter actually said some sensible stuff for once XD

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    blatter actually said some sensible stuff for once XD
    It was an accident. Honestly.

Chelsea currently hold both European trophies, how the hell did that happen.

If Man City bring Klopp in I will be delighted. Looks like it'll be the old Chilean though.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

So this just confirms that Blatter is now just a host for an alien sentience. He is making way too much sense for there to be any other explanation.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

So, you are saying that the guy presiding over a farcical decision coming out and admitting it is unworkable nearly two years later, when it was plain from the start that was the case, is sensible behaviour? What happened to the magic air conditioning and cloud manipulation that were going to make a summer World Cup in Qatar perfectly reasonable?

I'd have a lot more respect for Blatter if he just came out and said, 'they gave us all a big bag of money, we couldn't turn it down', instead of this geopolitics crap. Anyone with an ounce of sense knew that as time went by the top figures in the game were going to start softening us up for a winter World Cup, which I wouldn't mind in theory, but the way it has been engineered doesn't make FIFA come across as any less of a comic book supervillain organization.

He is admitting that they might have screwed up. Pretty big step for the FIFA royalty.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Is he though? He is pretty much talking about salvaging their screw up, without admitting there was a screw up.

I admit I always look for the worst with Blatter, may well be my interpreting it in the worst possible light...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Thank you David Beckham for all of those memorable free-kicks and overall game.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Thank you David Beckham for all of those memorable free-kicks and overall game.
    David Beckham is to retire from pretending to be important to football at the end of this season after an illustrious 10-year career that actually ended about 10 years ago.

The former Real Madrid pretender won very little there in 4 years, then going to play in the joke of the US league at LA Galaxy, making sod all difference to England, before having a career at PSG that was even shorter than that pope in the 1970s.

"I'm thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to bring me on occassionally as a substitute and to flog some merchandise, but frankly, I've been flogging this dead horse for too long" he said. He is the only English player to have dragged his irrelevance along for so many years.

"If you had told me as a player that I would be able to keep a load of idiots thinking that I mattered to football for so long, ligging around with the England team, crowding out better players from the side and being a media whore for so long, I would have told you it was a fantasy," he said.

"I'm fortunate to have realised those dreams."

Beckham started his irrelevance as a trainee in 2003, after Alex Ferguson was quite happy to let him go, making his move to Real Madrid, where he was released to go to LA Galaxy. He then did very little at AC Milan.

He turned up for England, scored the odd goal, and to help promote his global brand value, while denying international midfield experience to better players as the press continued to call for his overrated skills to be picked.

He became one of the highest paid advertising brands, flogging everything from boxer shorts to crappy perfume and sunglasses.

"I want people to see me as a hardworking brand presence - someone who, when he steps in front of the camera at a photoshoot or appears at a PR event, he gives everything he's got. When I look back on my career that is how I look back on it and that is how I hope people have seen me."

Beckham was the first sporting irrelevance to have 3 consecutive marketing campaigns and earns more money than any other former sporting irrelevance.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron said: "I have absolutely no idea about football, but like everyone else, I've heard of David Beckham, so I assume he is a brilliant footballer"

"Not only that - he appears on lots of ads and working class people seem to like him, and I'm desperate for votes. So, yay. Soccer."

England manager Roy Hodgson added: "Thank goodness for that. I'm tired of trying to explain to idiots in pubs why I don't pick him, and now I can just say 'well, I would, but he's retired."
    http://markwadsworth.blogspot.com/

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Member thankful for this post:

You still can't deny his pass, cross and free-kick accuracy is phenomenal.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Ferguson, Scholes, Beckham! Who next?!
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Dempsey, you are no closer to the Champions League.
    Mind the gap.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

5-5.

Also, Bale better stay as Spurs!
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Fitting send off for SAF I think... brilliant game to watch. My friends were whining at me to watch the Newcastle game, they obviously don't understand the unwritten rule about Arsenal always qualify for the CL, especially with Wigan going down we couldn't have 2 rules broken at once....

SAF, Scholes, Carragher, Neville and Petrov all leaving... the Premier League is worse off for their loss...

Sad to see Beckham go as well, always felt he was underrated by actual football fans and then overrated by those with very little interest...

Edit: Would love to see Bale at United apparently he is a United fan but I think he will give Spurs at least one more season... should they fail in the CL next year then I think he will be off.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

You must be a MUFC fan. Bet you're not a Mancunian though.

I am.

I remember going to Old Trafford in the '70s when they still had Bobby Charlton, David Sadler, Nobby Stiles, Alex Stepney and some Irish bloke, now what was his name? Oh I remember, George Best.

Now that was a team.

Still went on to support Bolton though. Too easy to support the rags even back in the day.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 05-20-2013 at 21:43.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Bale to United? Ye Gods, no.

I remember back in the 90s being terrified at the thought of Shearer going to United, luckily that never came to pass. The thought of the Bale we've seen this season at Old Trafford is just as terrifying.

Imagine they got Ronaldo too...

It probably will not happen to be honest... will command a huge fee and I am not sure United would pay it, Bale that is...

Ronaldo I don't think will be coming back at all, not as the 2nd best player in the world but probably (if he does) not as a footballer at all.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

I think all his whining is really about getting more money at Madrid.

With his performances I am sure he could simply ask for more money without whining in public, surely much better in terms of keeping the fans on side would be to in private him to make clear any concerns he has and wait for them to soothe him with more money...

Though I don't think he does actually want to go anywhere....

And there goes another season... with Bayern Munchen as the CL champions.

Proud

Been to:

Klopp looked so sad

Nice to see there's a chance Heynckes might not be retiring after all.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

There was talk that he might go to Madrid but I have no idea how true that tale is.

Maybe we will find out a little more after Saturdays game.

As much as I would like to have him around, I don’t see how F C Bayern could keep him on staff with the new coach coming on board.

Now, any bets on how Stuttgart does against them?

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Yeah that's what I was referring to. Seems like Ancelotti is the most likely to move to Madrid but we'll see. Heynckes' agent said he was just retiring from the Bundesliga, so I'm holding onto my tiny sliver of hope that he'll be the next Man City manager instead of Pellegrini.

Well it's incredibly tough for any team going up against Bayern at the moment, and Stuttgart haven't exactly had a great season. Ibisevic is always a threat though.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

germany losing 3-4 to usa... mexico 2-2 vs nigaria?!?! i hate friendlies =_=

We do not sow.

Neymar to Barcelona, Gotze to Bayern, others on the waiting... seems like a busy transfer window.

Proud

Been to:

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Falcao to Monaco and Cavani most likely to Chelsea...

And, the big one, will Cristiano get the money he wants in Madrid?

omg, what a crazy game... 4-3 italy vs japan?!?!

We do not sow.

And 0-0 Spain vs Italy, beautiful game as well, decided on the 7th penalty.

Proud

Been to:

so brazil to win it? otherwise the country will explode XD or will they lose this just to win the World Cup. cant have both :O

We do not sow.

Page 161 of 167 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast