Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Godfather, Part 1 (or yet another Mafia game) by Silver Rusher [Concluded]

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Default The Godfather, Part 1 (or yet another Mafia game) by Silver Rusher [Concluded]

*** GAME HAS STARTED. NO MORE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. ***

That's right. I'm starting YET ANOTHER MAFIA.

After getting killed in Sasaki's one I once again have too much time on my hands. And so now I am starting MY OWN mafia game.

This one is much more like GeneralHankerchief's version than that of Sasaki Kojiro's except the rules are slightly different:

-At the start, instead of choosing all the mafia I will randomly select a Godfather. He will then recruit his own two mafiosi from all of the players available. After this is done I will randomly select a Detective.

-The Godfather will not be able to kill anyone, but if he dies the townspeople win. If one of his mafiosi dies, the other will still only be able to kill one person each round and so there will only be one murder each round. If both his mafiosi die he will then have the power to kill one person each round himself.

-On top of the Godfather and two mafiosi there will be Detective. He can investigate one person each night to find out if they are innocent or guilty. If he investigates the Godfather, however, it will show up as innocent.

-I may (note the word may) throw in a certain number of randomly selected 'suspicious characters', innocent players who turn out guilty when investigated by the detective. These people would not know about their role.

-I am not sure whether this is already how it is done in GeneralHankerchief's version, but the mafia will have to write the stories of their kills exactly, right down to the spelling. I will leave any spelling or grammatical errors intact. The stories must total 200 words or more. If a mafioso fails to get their story in for any reason within the 24 hour time limit, the kill will not be counted.

-If you want to confess to being in the mafia or being a detective, you may NOT use quotes or screenshots from any PMs I have sent you. You'll have to persuade them as best as you can otherwise.

-If you do not provide reasons (and 'I saw him enjoying a spicy meat-a-ball' and other rubbish will not be accepted as a reason) behind your votes, or even worse do not post at all without a PM to me explaining why, the Wrath of God shall be swift. I shall operate a 'three strikes and you're out' basis on each round that you commit one of the preceding offences. Even if you are in the mafia or are the detective.

NOTE: If somebody leaves for up to a week and tells me why in a PM they will still be in the game and will be able to participate again when they return, unless they die during the period in which they are away. If anybody in the mafia, except for the Godfather, has to leave while they are still alive, it will be handled in the same way. Their Godfather will be responsible for PMing me with the kill stories. If the Godfather goes away while he is the active murderer, the dead Mafiosi will be contacted and asked to PM with the kill stories. If they cannot do this, I (God) will simply kill the appropriate number of people and make it seem like the mafia were responsible. If the Godfather and another Mafioso are both away, the remaining Mafioso, regardless of whether he/she is dead or alive will be asked to PM me with the kills. In the extremely unlikely event that everyone in the mafia is away, I will kill people myself as explained above. If anybody tells me they are going for more than 1 week they will have to commit suicide. And finally, if the detective goes away there will be no investigations.

-Each game in the The Godfather series will have its own special twist, which will differ between games.

-VERY IMPORTANT: If you are killed in this game you may not speculate, build cases against anybody, that sort of thing. That is for the living players to do. You may still post in the thread as long as you do not do these things.

Basically, all the roles in the game are as follows:
    -1 Godfather
    -2 Mafiosi
    -1 Detective
    -Any number of 'suspicious characters' (could be none, could be ten, you will never know the amount)

These rules have been designed with the intention of making the game very strategic, both for the villagers and the mafia but at the same time keeping it un-confusing.

Post in this thread or PM me if you want to play. In case you were wondering, the first four have already been signed up in the chatroom. Once I think I have enough players I will begin the game.

Sign-ups:
    GeneralHankerchief
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    doc_bean
    Leet Eriksson
    UltraWar
    Dutch_guy
    discovery1
    Orb
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Upxl
    AggonyDuck
    SSNeoperestroika
    IrishArmenian
    Ignoramus
    Tiberius
    Cowhead418
    evil_maniac from mars
    B_Ray
    Drisos
    Hiji
    Crazed Rabbit
    The Spartan
    Divine Wind
    Krazilec
    Masy
    Kagemusha
    Big King Sanctaphrax
    Reenk Roink
    littlelostboy
    Gertgregoor
    Bombasticus_Maximus
    Destroyer_of_Hope
    GoreBag

When I have the right amount of participants I will send a PM to the Godfather, who will tell me his/her recruitment choices. Once I receive these recruitments I will tell those lucky players about their role and send a PM to the Detective. The Mafiosi will choose who to kill and write-up their kill-stories. The Detective will choose who to investigate. Then the kills will be posted and the Detective will receive feedback about his/her investigation and you will have 24 hours to vote on who will be executed.
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 09-08-2006 at 17:01.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: The Godfather, Part 1 (or yet another Mafia game) by Silver Rusher

Can't join two at a time. If I'm killed in the new one before the subscription ends, sign me up.

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

I would like to play

Sign me up. I want to see if I die in the first round AGAIN.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

I'm in!

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Sweet, I'm in.

Bring it on.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Might as well join up.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Glad to see so much enthusiasm.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Create your player list if you want, but please finish or close one of the other games before this one starts.

Thanks.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I understand it, there are currently 2 running, and this one in pre-planning.

All by different people, so Silver Rusher can't close any of the others, though I don't see why doing so would matter.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Well, it does look like the GH one will finish very soon.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit
    As I understand it, there are currently 2 running, and this one in pre-planning.

All by different people, so Silver Rusher can't close any of the others, though I don't see why doing so would matter.

Crazed Rabbit
    I understand SR can't close the other games, but I'm assuming it's pretty much the same group who are playing the Mafia games, so if y'all can finish up one or agree to close it, that would do it.

As a general rule, we don't have multiple threads of the same topic. This includes games.

In that case, I will wait for GH's one to finish before starting this one.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Sir.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Sine me up!

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Hm. I will gladly join in.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just an FYI, there's a suggestion in the Watchtower about making a subforum for games like these.

But SR, I would take this time to empty your inbox. It'll get filled soon...
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Great! More mafia. I'm in.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

I'm in this one too.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I'm in, Mafia III looks like it'll be over fairly soon, not many people left alive.

I'd like to play. If I could make a suggestion, though, I don't really see the purpose of having "suspicious" characters. Just seems to make things harder for the townsfolk. But if, as I understand it, the mafia can only kill one person each night, that may balance it out.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

I'll play.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Just an FYI, there's a suggestion in the Watchtower about making a subforum for games like these.

But SR, I would take this time to empty your inbox. It'll get filled soon...
    Well I didn't get a single message over the night after emptying it beforehand.

Everyone else signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray
    I'd like to play. If I could make a suggestion, though, I don't really see the purpose of having "suspicious" characters. Just seems to make things harder for the townsfolk. But if, as I understand it, the mafia can only kill one person each night, that may balance it out.
    Well, the mafia can kill 2 people but there are also a few ways in which they are balanced:

1. If the Godfather is lynched the mafia lose automatically
    2. If the first mafioso dies the mafia can only kill 1 per turn (not only does this mean they have less killing force but the villagers know that this person was in the mafia, making them able to make connections. Unfortunately for them, this doesn't happen when the second dies, with the Godfather taking his killing power in desperation
    3. There will be quite a few villagers in this one, about the amount found in Mafia III
    4. No wrath of God in this mafia
    5. There may not be any suspicious characters anyway.

The point of suspicious characters is really just to get you questioning whether the detective's investigation was successful isn't of him just presenting the evidence and you all questioning whether or not he actually his the detective.

Btw that reminds me: I will include a similar rule to the one in Sasaki's game where you must prove your role yourself, without using any quotes or pictures taken from my PMs.
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 09-01-2006 at 10:01.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I'm Joining!!!

- Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Im in.
    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"It's somewhat ironic that closing spam threads increases my postcount"
    -Ser Clegane

Drisos and Hiji signed up.

I think I will end submissions for this game once we have about 35-45 players.
    Last edited by Silver Rusher; 09-01-2006 at 17:18.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I guess I'll sign up.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

me!

I will ask if this thread can be moved to the Entrance Hall. Then we may get more participants AND we won't clog up the frontroom with more mafia, meaning we may be able to start the game once it's full with submissions.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast