Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 3792

Thread: Capo di Tutti Capi III [Concluded]

Equicidal Maniac Member slashandburn's Avatar

Default Re: Capo di Tutti Capi III (IN PLAY)

Yay! Town win. Also post 3,600!
    Parla più piano e nessuno sentirà, il nostro amore lo viviamo io e te,
    nessuno sa la verità, neppure il cielo che ci guarda da lassù.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me, Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità, è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me,Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità,è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

WOO! Too bad I died last night.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah well.

Excellent job to Seamus for hosting and congrats to everyone for another successful installment!

-edit- Dig the nod to The Godfather at the end with the "Speak Softly Love" reference.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 09-27-2009 at 02:04.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Boo! Boo! Bad town!

But a very good game, Seamus, thanks.

And since I don't know when Seamus is going to be back on:
    nvm

Guess who the guy in the rabbit suit was.
    And keep in mind I made this with a sprained right middle finger in less than 3 hours.
    CR
    Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 09-27-2009 at 01:56.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I WON HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    BLARGH!

The game ended very well imo

Hmm, most things have been explained, but I want to know how Reenk ended up with all that info on the mafia...
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 09-27-2009 at 02:00.

Yeah to bad a AtPG lynch couldn't go through. Good job town. Esspically Pizza and Reenk. Without you things would have turned out much differently.

Our Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/s6F6VR38fQEu
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 09-27-2009 at 02:00.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So what side does Reenk end up on then?

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    So what side does Reenk end up on then?

CR
    I don't know, for the second half of the game Reenk PM'd me about two times per session dispensing tidbits of information/advice/questions. I promptly discarded all of them without thinking twice.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Whoo town win.

Should've listened to me yesterday but whatever! :D
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Winter View Post
    Yeah to bad a AtPG lynch couldn't go through. Good job town. Esspically Pizza and Reenk. Without you things would have turned out much differently.

Our Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/s6F6VR38fQEu
    Ach, you guys got into hot water early. And that answers my question about reenk I guess, he got a couple incriminating pm's and surmised the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat
    My guess, the protection group thing was a trick to get the dons names. At the very least he should have knownn LittleGrizzly, as thats Scottishrangers. I don't trust Sasaki, definitely don't give him any names.
    No no DG

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

And now for a list of the dramatis personae in our little story.

But FIRST, just a little Hello from my personal favorite!

No, he was not warned in advance that I'd put him into a rabbit suit. Rabbit, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. The single image that made me laugh the most throughout and you captured it perfectly.

As for the rest:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Name, Role, Cover, Now a, Red, Fam/bud, by det, by cntr.
    acin name Det sleuth i L
    AVSM Wise lucky c L
    AggonyDuck Town-n favor u L
    Andres Town-n Wise sleuth i q
    Askthepizzaguy CIA Wise lucky u q
    atheotes Don stare Barzini i L
    Beefy187 Town-n favor i L
    Beskar Wise sleuth c q
    Caius Town-n lucky u L
    Centurion 1 Made stare Tataglia c L
    Chaotix Commie Wise favor u q
    CountArach Commie Det sleuth i q
    Cowhead418 Town-n lucky i L
    Craterus Wise stare u L
    Crazed Rabbit Wise fvr, lucky c L
    Cultured Drizzt Fan Doc favor i L
    Death is Yonder Wise sleuth c L
    Diana Abnoba Town-n lucky u L
    Discovery1 Luca stare Barzini c L
    DisgruntledGoat Don favor Corleone i L
    DJGingivitis Don sleuth Cunio i L
    Double A Doc lucky i L
    Dutch_guy Town-I stare gibs i L
    El Diablo Wise favor u q

Gaius S Curio Town-n sleuth i L
    GH Luca lucky*2 Corleone c L
    gibsonsg91921 town-I Wise stare dutch i L
    Glyphz Town-n favor i L
    Greyblades Wise sleuth c q
    Haudegen Don lucky Stracchi i L
    Ichigo Luca stare Cunio c q
    (Imp Inv) FH Made Rep favor Stracchi c L
    Ironside Luca sleuth Stracchi c L
    Iskander 3.1 Made lucky Cunio c L
    Joe Monks Town-n stare u L
    johnhughthom FBI favor "remus" i L
    Jolt Wise sleuth u q
    Jooray Townie-I Wise lucky psycho i q
    Kagemusha Wise stare u L
    Khazaar Wise favor c L
    Kommodus Town-n sleuth i L
    KurkriKhan Town-n Wise lucky i L
    Leet Erickson Wise Made stare Barzini c q
    LittleGrizzly Don favor Tataglia i L
    Lord Winter Made sleuth Corleone c L
    Moros Wise lucky c L
    Myrddraal Det stare i L
    Nole4694 Doc favor i L
    Pannonian Det lucky i q
    pevergreen Wise sleuth u L
    (Prole) Louis VI FBI-c Townie-I Rep stare s&b i L
    Psychonaut Townie-I favor jooray i L
    Quintus.JC Townie-I sleuth shlin28 i L
    Reenk Roink Town-n lucky u L
    Rhyfelwyr Commie Wise stare c q
    Ricera10 Rogue stare u/c q
    Sasaki Kojiro Town-n Doc favor i q
    scottishranger Luca sleuth Tataglia c L
    Shinseikhaan Town-n lucky i L
    shlin28 Townie-I stare QJC i L
    Sigurd Maf-Com Wise favor c q
    Skooma Addict Town-n sleuth u L
    slashandburn FBI-c Townie-I lucky prole i L
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty Town-n Doctor stare i q
    SSNeoperestroika Doc Surgeon favor i L
    The Stranger Town-n sleuth i L
    TinCow Town-n Wise lucky u L
    Tratorix Townie-I stare W-E i L
    Truepraetorian Town-n favor i q
    Twilightblade Wise sleuth u L
    "Trouble" Toluso Made lucky Barzini c L
    Warmaster Horus Town-n stare i L
    White_Eyes:D Town-I Wise favor trat i L
    woad&fangs Town-n Made sleuth i q
    Xehh II SK Wise lucky u L
    Yaropolk Town-n stare u q
    YLC SKc Town-n favor i L

Host’s Summary

As always, the Capo series is a mafia battle game rather than a classic mafia game. I enjoy hosting it because, though I set the tone for things, the story that is enacted is a team effort. I find the results endlessly surprising and terribly funny – of course it helps that I know who’s who when I’m reading things.

Setup and Opening

I’m simply going to have to go to mass mailings next time. Too many individual mailings – though nicely personalized – left the opening dragging a bit. Next time, everyone will get the normal townie role and then I’ll send off the other roles in batches. I’ll do the red text info and allegiance info (where needed) in separate PMs. That should drop me below 40 opening PMs and let me get it up and running in 3-4 hours as opposed to 8.

I was happy with the numbers, but really think Capo will peak at around 100 for ideal numbers play and energy. I hope you all will recruit some more. I’m thinking February 1st for a start with sign-ups in Jan.

This Year’s “Theme”

The first Capo was an homage to film noir and the Godfather series. The second iteration featured a full cast of families and should have featured a clash between the anti-mafia crusaders and the mafia families. The crusaders never quite took off and without that counter-balance, the mafia ended up in the lead – and the fact that darn few townies stayed with the town didn’t help. One specific change made was to include “incorruptible” townies in mini-mason pairs. I wanted a core of “townies” (aside from the detectives and doctors) who were committed to town success. Capo II was practically “townie-free” after day 4 or so.

Now, since we’re into the 1950s, it was time for the Red Menace! Capo 3 was set against the Early Cold War background of McCarthyism and the Chinese intervention in Korea. We had a trio of commies – including a detective! – and a trio of mafia hunters. This time, it was the communists who didn’t get off the ground smoothly. However, they were a factor throughout the game, which helped a bit. It may have ended up giving too much detective power to the town, however.

The “threat” of communism – head to the Monastery for a debate of the history if you wish – did influence most U.S. national policies for decades, and quite a few aspects of daily life. McCarthy, of course, was a political opportunist. He took a host of vague allegations, stapled them to the facts of Alger Hiss, and ran with it. He ignored due process, used scare tactics and intimidation, and encouraged people to be “black-listed” for having any affiliation with any communist or quasi-communist group of any kind. He was also considered a hard drinker by reporters of the 1940s and 1950s. THAT means he was probably a functional alcoholic. It is a certainty that one of the key components of his effort was to create personal political power for Joseph McCarthy.

Playing off the fears of a Soviet bomb (they’d toggled one off in 1949), McCarthy gained a huge amount of political capital very quickly. He also managed to put pressure on communists and soviet agents in the media and in government. He may have been leading a witch hunt, but a few of his targets did apparently ride brooms. Unfortunately, McCarthy’s gross abuses of civil rights and the powers of his office overshadow any successes he may have had. For every communist he discomfited, a hundred or more Americans whose only crime was an inclination toward left wing politics suffered.

During that same era, the FBI more than doubled in size, largely to increase its abilities in the counter-intelligence area. Moreover, since we’d disbanded our bureau of spying and dirty tricks at the end of the war – and suddenly found we needed one since the threat of Soviet spying was real – we established the CIA. As with all good government efforts, the two bureaus are in a constant “pissing match” over funding and reputation. Politics sweet politics.

In Capo 3, I had a CIA agent with mafia ties – and they did have some based on old OSS connections to Luciano’s organization in Sicily in WW2 (the thread already mentions that the CIA was probably using Mafia connections to attempt to kill Castro in the late 50s/early 60s). I also had FBI counter-intelligence types. The Mafia has been fairly strongly anti-communist in its leanings – more because of a perception that communist dictatorships would be bad for business than for any noble civic virtues. In retrospect, I needed to curtail the FBI/CIA investigative powers a bit more than I did. I had thought the loyal/questionable stuff would be more limiting. Perhaps that was moot the moment random.org gave the CIA role to askthepizzaguy.

As Time Progressed….

Day One:

I really wasn’t paying a lot of attention at first, but we ended up with a Capo 1st! Reenk Roink not only said he’d like to be Director, but campaigned for the job with actual evidence – here’s how I do write-ups etc. He ended up taking the job in a landslide. GH was willing to risk his Don in the early game, no doubt assuming he could parlay the lynch write-ups/sense of him leading the town to an even greater measure of safety for his family. Gutsy call that, most mafia roles do NOT benefit from being Director (Mades/Lucas can’t function fully and Dons get put in the spotlight a bit).

Night One:

Blade and YLC made this one fun. Blade had entertainment in mind from the get-go, so I wrote it up with an emphasis on imagery and tried to make the town think SK – just to add to the tension. Meanwhile, YLC’s take on the conflicted serial killer was dramatic and engaging and very edgy on its own (and 90+% his in all but one case). Stranger managed to tip one of the “triggers” by accident. A pair of my “incorruptibles” led a townie hit team on night one. NOT in the spirit I had intended the role, but within the rules. QJC was, to the extent I could tell, a random choice. He was also one of the other incorruptible townies. There is a lesson here for townies of the future. YES you want to up your skills for the endgame battle, but on the first night or two you are significantly more likely to take out a pro-town or neutral-might-get-them-to-our-side role than you are to kill a Mafioso or SK. If you’ve got evidence on someone things may be different, but random kills probably do more harm.

Quite a few mistakes in orders or sloppy coordination – that being par for the course in all three capo games so far. This is probably an inevitable component of Capo, especially as we seem to always draw at least a few players new to mafia in general, much less the capo system.

Day Two:

Reenk promised entertaining lynches and delivered. Club30 rapidly became an icon and will be on the “map” of Fatlington if I ever get around to cobbling one together. Unfortunately, the initial target was FactionHeir – the chap I had just wheedled into replacing one of my Mafia Mades who wanted to bow out early. FH was kind enough to help out and then was dead before he’d had a chance to properly re-read his role PM. Don’t get me wrong, the town’s choice was a good one. Some evidence had surfaced that Imperator was a made – he revealed privately?!? – and any first lynch that can actually respond to semi-credible evidence is a great thing for the town.

I had no idea that I was handing FH an impossible task. If Imperator had told me he’d revealed privately to others not in his family I’d have force him to stay in the game on his own – knowing that it would NOT be a long stay. Revealing your true role to anyone not listed on your sheets as already knowing is highly dangerous and should only be down after that other party has earned a few “points” in your eyes. Security being what it is, early private revelations by Mafiosi generally get them a quick lynch. Early private revelations of simple townie status put you on the list for mafia removal. I’d recommend to all players that you take an hour or so just after getting your role PMs and pump out a few “alternate identities.” You need to be able to adapt quickly when the time comes.

Night Two:

“Trouble” joined into the game with a vengeance (she’d missed the start), hooking up with wiseguy Leet and killing Death. I made that one professional looking enough. Twilightblade continued his entertainment. Chaotix, Death is Yonder, and Split successfully protected DJG (Mafia Don!) from the attack of Gibs, W_E, Khaan, & Dutch (most of the crew who whacked QJC) – Ichigo didn’t have to Luca at all really, though he too got credit for the save.

Day Three:

Losing CountArach this early probably hurt the game a lot. As it was conceived, his detective (commie!) would be in the perfect place to have done what Pizzaguy ended up doing -- and then betray things from within. Instead, too many people got interested in his codeword effort and it got him killed post-haste. Without him there, the FBI ended up too far in front over the commies. Rhyf's never connecting with Chaotix more or less sealed their fate, despite his excellent efforts to mingle and survive -- even managing a recruit! Club30 was a focal point by the end of the lynch though, which made things entertaining on that level. By the way, I'd like to acknowledge RR's efforts there. I made only minor cosmetic changes to put the club in the Bayside district and smooth out a few logistics issues -- the themes and the gore were pure Reenkster.

Night Three:

Fatlington's "Viscious Vigilante" squad (W_E, Gibs, 'Khaan, and a 4th {scot this time} was still operating more or less at random, apparently, targeting Double A for elimination. Since he was a doctor, they were probably happy, at least later on, that his luck held for that night. Double A did have some folks protecting him and all of them (El D, glyphz, 'Goat) submitted orders, but as one of the three, Disgruntled Goat, was a Don, the effort failed. Double A continued his chain of Pizzaguy protection efforts. As near as I can figure it, Pizzaguy was protected every non-director night save for n6, n13, and n17. This was the most consistent component of the entire game. Actually, he would have been vulnerable n4 as well, since his 4-person protection team included two mafia Dons (DJG, who gave orders to stay home and Atheotes who did show to protect)! The only mafia effort night 3 was the Leet & "Trouble" pair. This time they did for Myrddraal (detective) who was heading out on vacation anyway, so that was one less replacement for me to find. Kagemusha, Joe Monks, and Disco all listed in orders to kill Beskar, but Kage switched back to protecting jht so the effort failed.

Day Four:

With the success of the first double lynch in some time on day 3, there were calls for a repeat. Instead, disco ended up as a sole choice for the day. As near as I can figure it, he’d revealed privately to Prole early on Day 1. Since the FBI counter agents were, essentially, pro-town, his death was more or less assured. If anything, I was surprised that GH preceded him.

Night Four:

Jolt’s kill was the most fun to write. Scottish sent me a “do something with Lewis Carroll” command and I went to town. The rabbit suit WAS my idea, not CR’s – I suspect he probably had a skipped heartbeat or two when he read it. I did surmise that the crowd had gone past such obvious referants and would assume I would never do such a thing – so I did! Can’t go to that well next game. Blade kept up his entertainment and Leet & Vernonica only missed due to luck, because the protection team included Luca Ironsides (a fact that came back to haunt him).

On the protection side, Pizza WAS vulnerable on n4, as noted above, with only two valid protectors. Sigurd drew doctor protection (Double A) as did Psycho (SSNeo). Also vulnerable were s&b (two separate protection efforts BOTH of which failed due to Mafiosi on the teams and one missed order by Caius) and Doc Double A (withdrawn orders from Sasaki). Had the Kagemusha team gelled, and had the Jolt and Diana kill teams had any inkling what was going on, then it would have been possible for ATPG, S&B and Dbl A all to have gone down to death in one night. That would have changed the game of course, but it was not to be.

Day Five:

Atheotes caught the chop based on another private reveal. The FBI team garnered 3-4 of these early on and the mafia all paid. Thought for the future: Early efforts to get others to show their role sheets should be viewed with much skepticism. It is better for a Mafioso to say no, get told “reveal or we’ll denounce you” and to respond with ‘lynch away’ than to try to deal with the early reveal shenanigans. Early reveal Mafiosi die. To those who ask, please remember that YOU might be the baddie in a future game. As Sasaki taught me long ago, if you want to keep playing you cannot have strategies that force all or nothing decisions every time.

Night Five:

It was Prole’s night for some fun. She was protected by SSNeo, but targeted by both a vig team (gibs, w_e, ‘khaan) that failed when Scottish didn’t turn in orders, and a mafia team (leet and kage) who failed only because of luck. Craterus stared Diana into inactivity, but then died at the hands of Xehh II based on the vote. Psycho was killed by CR and Scottish while Leet (newly Made) was vig killed by Tincow, Andres, Kommo, and Joe M. Rogue Ricera then used his Buntline to take out Iskander, who’d he’d ID’d as a criminal. Iskander survived on his luck. Rice knew W_E was guilty, but assumed he was a vigilante and never targeted him as he could have.

Tincow had two separate failed protection efforts on n5, one of s&b’s protection teams failed, and so did Double A’s with Diana sidelined. Pizza, Prole, Sigurd, and s&b all had angels on n5.

Day Six:

The lynch was another successful double. However, the real results were only 50/50. Kagemusha had been cozy with the mafia from the outset, and had started to do kill missions the preceding night. AVSM, however, had no mafia connections and was, as far as I could tell, pro-town at that point in the game. Both had detective results on them which indicated criminal (AVSM) or unclear (Kagemusha) and that was apparently enough.

Night Six:

CR and Scottish teamed up to kill Tincow, drawing a blank against his luck. Centurion1 and w&f fared better against Kommo. Rice finished the job on Iskander. ‘Blade continued his entertainment.

Then the two vig efforts swung in. Gibs and W_E, usually a team, were each on separate efforts. FBIc guy slashandburn teamed up with Kukri, W_E and Don Haudegen to kill Khazar an unaffiliated wiseguy who was relatively inactive. Gibs led a squad of one wiseguy commie (Chaotix) and two Mafiosi (Don Goat and Luca Iron) to kill Luca scottishranger.

Days and Nights Five and Six broke the back of the mafia. The mafia families were already hurting, having lost 1 Made and 2 Luca’s in the first 4 days. That still left them with some reasonable if uncoordinated hitting power. Days 5 and 6 killed a Don and a half-Made. Nights 5 and 6 killed off 2 Mades, 1 Luca and a pair of wiseguys who may have been or were being recruited.

By contrast, the town lost 1 pro-town wiseguy, 1 incorruptible townie, 1 townie vigilante, and the FBI guy. That’s 5 mafiosi and 2 possibles for 4 townies – nearly two to one.

More summary to come as time permits. Will also list victory result next to each player (and if anyone knows how to import an excel properly into here will earn a little gratitude and a balloon from me. The formatting above sucks.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 09-30-2009 at 21:50.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Congratulations to the town! It's been a long, gruesome two months, and I'm thoroughly exhausted from this game and... no, wait. I'm not. It's been a fun, erm, two days. But I knew the game was near finished when I took over from Prole.

Some quickies:

> I suspected Haudegen. At any rate, Slash voted for him. I expected Slash to be in the director seat, so he could kill Haudegen, and decide what to do with Shinseikhaan himself.

Equally important, Rabbit asked for another day before finishing the game, which the tie could provide. So my plan was to not lynch anyone, block Haudegen at night, then finish it today. I am still not sure whether that was a mafia trick, or a real real-life appeal. Rabbit?

> I role-blocked Haudegen last night. I was invited to kill him, but hoped that four other guys could take care of him, or have him lynched today. It thought it better to keep the remaining players alive, them having come so far in this game.

> I couldn't play this game initially. Had a holiday planned during game start, plus other stuff. Prole had kept me a bit up to date, because I was curious how this game would turn out. Andres had offered me his role when it was his time for a holiday. Alas, being familiar with Prole's role, it would've been unfair on somebody, somewhere, if I had taken over. Then Prole had stuff to do, and I took over for the final stretch of the game. To play a bit - always fun! - and possibly as an insurance against any last-minute game surprises.

> Upon taking over from Prole, I thought the role PM orderded the FBI to be anti-CIA. Hence I barged in with an attack on Pizza / the CIA. Closer inspection of the role revealed that we simply were prevented from working with the CIA, and that we were in competition with them, not against them.

> Johhughton: your death was a complete surprise to Prole. It was entirely detrimental to the other two FBI. I am not sure whether Prole ever figured out what happened.

> Everything up to N16 has been the work of Prole. All the credit is hers. Apart from her sending me the role PM and some conversation she had with the other FBI, she never consulted with me during the game.

Thank you all. Thank you Seamus for hosting this game!
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Funny that khaan was lucky, but ended up getting lynched.

And I told you guys I was a doctor
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 09-27-2009 at 04:42.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good game all
    I had a decent run, and hopefully I can top the performance next game.

Thank you for hosting Seamus

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Good game to all the participants

Go town!

To ATPG for his many long hours spent organizing everything, and Seamus, for hosting this behemoth of a game

Maybe next year I won't die on round 2
    Last edited by Death is yonder; 09-27-2009 at 02:51.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

I want to thank Seamus for hosting this massive game.

ATPG for being utterly suspiscious at all counts.

Chaotix for recruiting me to a losing faction.

Slashandburn for abducting me in the middle of the night.

ATPG again for posting so much, and for trusting me all game.

Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Thank you so much for hosting Seamus!

- noble monks salute you

- with many balloons

- and a clown

- the pharaoh joins the part

- underage pot smoker at midnight in bedroom

- mommy tucking in good night

- string of emotions of she goes through

sees mom - oh **** I should have played Capo

el fin

- and we all get drunk

Also, this explains why khaan did what he did (you should have stuck to your guns... )...

Sasaki, I never got any PMs early on by Mafia (aside from GH begging me to spare him and then CR about the attempt on me and then with LW/CR). Just gut feeling that turned up some Mafia.

Seamus, what were the events that led to pever's death?

Excellent. I view any mafia game where I'm not murdered whilst relieving myself [by Lemur, if bitter memory serves] as a personal victory, but this is a fantastic bonus.

Will keep my best moves to m'self [feel free to imagine the brilliance, by all means] and just say well done to all involved in this effort.
    it's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

So wait.

That whole thing is nice and all but what does it mean?

Sigurd is "Maf-Com Wise favor c q"

But what is that in english?

or french... spanish even?
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 09-27-2009 at 03:16.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by SSNeoperestroika View Post
    Excellent. I view any mafia game where I'm not murdered whilst relieving myself [by Lemur, if bitter memory serves] as a personal victory, but this is a fantastic bonus.

Will keep my best moves to m'self [feel free to imagine the brilliance, by all means] and just say well done to all involved in this effort.
    You came close to death this game I think, but CR forgot to CC seamus along with the others when he did his kill.

Quote Originally Posted by spL1tp3r50naL1ty View Post
    So wait.

He was mafia, the commisioner(?), cover role was wise guy, red text ability was favor, criminal, questionable.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

THANK YOU, SEAMUS!

I still have no idea how you run this game.

As for everyone else:

I TOLD YOU I WAS A TOWNIE!

For those wondering why I laughed at them in PM's, it was because of the hilarious irony that, if I'd had my way, all of the accusations against me would have been completely true. Alas, I just seemed to never get any kills to go my way.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Winter View Post
    You should have said more about me in your quicktopic. I think there were a couple lines that didn't involve me. I demand to always be the center of attention.

(I am kidding, of course.)

I'm anxious to read the other mafia's quicktopics; your efforts were heroic and nearly victorious. By the skin of our teeth....

Thanks be to Seamus who put up with all the ridiculous group organizations I was involved with, and all the stupid corrections I had to make.

I am going to drop my CIA progress log now... a moment.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Yeah town won!!!

Thanks so much to Seamus for hosting this massive game.

Thanks to Pizza for the organizing our pro-town groups. Thanks to Reenk and others for their hard work, and dedication to the townie cause!!!

Thanks to you mafia also, you made it a difficult struggle to the end!

Great game everyone!!!
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Quote Originally Posted by spL1tp3r50naL1ty View Post
    So wait.

Yes I agree, I think I have figured out most of the what the letters mean...but some
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Yay...town won...not sure where that puts me...since I was town and SK...

Oh, and thanks for hosting Seamus - hope to be a SK with a bit more freedom come next time
    Last edited by ULC; 09-27-2009 at 03:57.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uhhhh... Seamus I sent my order in to you to kill him

Great game everybody! That was really fun and I'm looking foward to the next one when it comes around!
    Last edited by Double A; 09-27-2009 at 04:01.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Massive post hidden in spoilers.

Contents:

Progress Log: CIA Operative. (My private thoughts on my own progress and my reasoning going forward, now made public)

Nights One through Nine.
    Night Fifteen.

Role PM part I
    Role PM part II
    Night Two

Probably getting myself in too much trouble for the first lynch round. I doubt it was worth it to take down FactionHeir, because I've brought attention on myself and made enemies for sure. The pt groups I've organized should be mostly functional, except for some suspicious exceptions. Got into contact with what apparently is my partner, Sigurd, due to his usage of the code word "vendetta".

Further developments: I asked Beskar to do a mission for me, no questions asked, and he said ok. I asked him to send a message to a player I selected totally at random, in this case Kukrikhan, and ask that player if they would be willing to do a mission for the FBI. Kurkikhan responded positively, and I showed him, through Beskar, what I suspected was evidence of their connection. Kukri replied to Beskar that he was wondering what all the soviet references were about, and that he would do his best to penetrate the communist cell, discover who else is in the group, and possibly gain access to their quicktopic. I gave him some specific instructions on what to do in given situations, and I believe that Kukrikhan may be up to the challenge. Sadly, Beskar has informed me he hasn't read the third message I sent him yet.

I've been very careful not to reveal any of my red text information, but from that information, it appears I am supposed to use the townies for my own purposes in an attempt to do just what I am doing, and since I haven't revealed I am CIA or what my specific abilities are or things of that nature, I believe everything has been done correctly. Then of course speaking to Sigurd, we've been speaking about the communists, as I believe we are allowed and supposed to do. I haven't told him exactly what I am either, I've been as vague as possible.

It's very difficult to know where the line is regarding my red text. I've attempted to keep everything quiet, declare myself an unaffiliated wiseguy, and yet still contact people as per my role instructions. I believe everything I've done has been in good faith and in keeping of the spirit of the secrecy of the role I was given.

If Kurkikhan doesn't succeed in his mission, and we fail to get more names than just the suspected CountArach and Yaropolk, we still have something in the works, a possible offer from a vigilante group to kill a target of my choosing, and still Sigurd and I can combine forces and squash the other player. Plus I may have gained Sasaki and scottishranger's favor, and I may still have enough credibility to take down CountArach via the lynch. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do. Sigurd has informed me of some possible leads, and we're attempting to coordinate our efforts.

I didn't manage to get a pt group on him tonight, will tomorrow, if still alive. I'm taking a gamble with my life here tonight. If a couple families target me simultaneously, I'll die. I'm hoping my ill-advised public gamble with my head will buy me time with the town, but chances of surviving very long in the game seem slim indeed. My hope is to annihilate the commies by then, or at least take a decent chunk out of them.

I also did not realize the Imperator Invictus thing would cause such a giant tsunami of problems. I regret the fallout from my accusations of him, but I got a sudden bandwagon on me for no reason, and I needed someone else to die. And I did have a lead I was sitting on that needed to hatch. Whether FH is guilty or not, I'm still in a world of hurt.

Night Three

I think I placed too strong a bet on Yaropolk and CountArach. I still believe that Yaropolk was communist due to his blurting of the codeword, and I still would like to believe that CountArach's interaction with that was intentional, but admittedly, I am finding my own case pretty weak. Given the sheer volume of mafia in the game, and the suspected communist link with these two, I believe it was better to take the shot and hope than to sit around and do nothing, but hindsight is 20/20 and I was firing on a hunch. I can't really expect to be right, I can only hope. CountArach never refuted any of my case against him, since he was about to die, I don't think he cared. But he also wanted contact with all his "comrades"... I don't trust him. He's dead now so it's moot, and my neck should be on the line soon for the FactionHeir death if I was wrong about that. Time is ticking away for me.

The part about him being "Russian" mafia, however, got certain people to approach me. (editor's note: the FBI) Although what I said wasn't 100% accurate, these persons seemed to know what the real deal was, which was also interesting. I'm having them both investigated to be sure I can trust them. Also, my ostensibly pro-townie behavior has landed me tips left and right on who has criminal and guilty results. It is my hope that my pt groups will buy me some time, while the criminal and guilty info that I can share with the town will buy me some more during day phases.

I know that I could have screwed up really badly here, and if my gamble doesn't pay off, I'm paying for it with my life. I probably could have been more patient. If I took down nothing but innocent people so far, I will really accept my fate, as the thought of ruining the game for other townies makes my stomach turn. I don't have a good feeling about this, but I must press on and hope for the best.

Gambit with Kukrikhan approaching Yaropolk led to him being ignored, or so Kukrikhan says. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

Night Four

Discovery1-

I got a tip from slashandburn I believe it was, that discovery1 was a Luca, this round. It seems he's been in contact with more than just me, and he mentioned something about Andres and Sigurd getting questionable results. Needless to say, this piques my interest. Andres got innocent results elsewhere and Sigurd is my contact, I'm fairly sure he's not a communist. Mafia perhaps, but communist? Doubtful. (Editor's note: I suspected I might have been paired with a mafia role in Sigurd very early on.)

DJGingivitis-

I began publicly decrying the rumors being spread. DJGingivitis appears to be the source of the negative publicity about me, because Splitpersonality approached me and told me the entire story. This might explain Chaotix's sudden and abrupt shift in attitude toward me, as well as Shinseikhaan's, and DisgruntledGoat asking me questions and numerous townies asking me if the rumors were true.

As such, I have confronted DJGingivitis about these rumors and as politely as I could, I asked him to please talk to me next time he feels I am suspicious. Defending myself against patently false accusations that I can't see or hear, from an anonymous source, isn't easy. This man knows many of my protection group contacts and may be trying to bring my organization down. He might be investigated as loyal to Fatlington but he's certainly disloyal to me.

It's too late, I already sent in requests for people to protect him, and he's in the protection group that's covering me. I feel more vulnerable than ever tonight, and I'm seriously considering having Double A cover me instead of Sigurd, for purely selfish reasons. I believe tonight is the defining moment... if DJG has gotten the mafia families to target specific people, I might be exposed. Then another hit will be deflected, most likely... but if a third hit goes through, I might die. I wouldn't care this much if I were a basic townie, but I'm super-paranoid right now.

YLC-

I believe that YLC is the serial killer. He wasn't able to tell me much, but he did suggest that TheStranger's death might have been his doing. His approaching me also tells me that he believes he's acting in the town's best interests. I am unsure what to make of him, but it's entirely possible he will be acting tonight against someone, such as Andres. I will need to have him investigated at some point.

SSNeoperestroika-

Seems to believe he's going to die, and hinted he may be a pro-town role. He's possibly a protector, I'm having him investigated. I asked him to defend one of the supposed FBI agents tonight. If he is lying, we lose an FBI agent, but he will die. If he's telling the truth, we gain a defender for an FBI agent. I had to act.

Proletariat-

It has been told to me by Kommodus that Prole may be a protown role. I don't know if I can get protection on her, and this is yet another name I have to verify. I don't believe my fortune is this good, someone is lying to me about something big. I believe people are trying to turn me into the tool of the mafia. (Editor's note: I was aware I was being played, the question was by who) Why everyone seems to be trusting me with supposedly sensitive information is beyond me. My pizza sense tells me that I am being lied to on an extraordinary level.

Sigurd-

He's been invaluable to me, but it seems clear we do not have exactly the same objectives. Ed: (Nailed it) If I know you, Seamus, you may have paired me with a partner who will be of some use to me and vice-versa, but in the end, I could be betrayed. I am not sure that my detection abilities tell me anything besides communist or loyal, so I worry that investigating Sigurd would be burning an investigation.

Other subplots-

People are being very, very careful not to break the red text rules, but one of the people I'm in contact with hinted he is looking for a very specific person, probably a serial killer. He wasn't able to give me any really useful information, but I will keep my eyes peeled.

Director-

If the FBI finds out my true role, they may be able to vouch for me. They might not. I don't know for sure this will be a good move for me. However, when the morning comes, if I am still alive, I am officially running for the Directorship. I know too much and I can't stand wasting protection groups on me all the time, I need to free those people up.

I've done an interesting write-up or two in my time, I know I could do an excellent job there. The only question is, will the town place their trust in me or not? So far, I believe I have a lot of support, and my efforts to-date may very well have proven my worth. It's a question of whether I was right about the people I have helped destroy, and whether the FBI investigation reveals good or ill about me.

I await the morning with great anxiety and anticipation. This game is getting very, very interesting. I realize I am technically neutral toward the mafia, but since I cannot join them, I cannot resist the temptation to have as many of them killed off as possible. I really want the town to win this game. The more townies left alive, the easier it should be for me to complete my objectives.

The end decision for me here is, in spite of the risks, I have chosen to make myself the enemy of every mafioso and trumpet it as loudly as possible. This will be my downfall, but I can't help myself... I do have a soft spot for the town regardless of my role. It's a strategic decision that I have to live with, because the town will not have a mafia-sympathetic person like me around, and the mafia won't allow me to live unless I swore allegiance to them. There's no treading the middle road here... at least, that's how I see it. I wonder if anyone would have played it differently.

Night Five

Director run was a long shot, but I believe the mafia had to declare themselves by voting against me. Many of the people voting for me for the Director are cleared in my eyes... those lining up to support Reenk may be doing so for the explicit purpose of keeping me out. I would assume that you will find several examples of mafioso in the list of Reenk supporters. That's my hunch anyway, and part of the reason I wanted to run, aside from the easy self-protection.

The results came out on me which almost completely verify what I've been saying all along, but the mafia are better organized and know more about what's going on than the town is, so it makes sense that support for me was lacking. The trade-off is that most of the people who supported me are now also exposed as such, and the mafia might have easy targets. Sigurd and I have been speaking and I believe the leak in my organization could have come from atheotes himself, who may have been under the false impression that Chaotix was somehow important to my organization... not really. Quite the contrary, he's been opposing me lately and I can't trust him. Tonight's requested protections, since there's not much time to organize them, and will likely fail, are for the desired purpose of sending false information to the mafia about who I might trust. And if the protections succeed, that's also a bonus.

Still hanging on to my suspected doctor connections... if I were being very thorough I would have had Double A investigated to be sure he's innocent. I guess I'm just impatient. I am hoping the doctors, myself, Sigurd, and my suspected FBI contacts survive the night. According to Sigurd the mafia may be in communication with each other. As such, that represents a grave imbalance and a huge threat to the town. Sigurd's suggestion is to force the mafia into war with one another, but I haven't begun to formulate a plan as to how. I'm still focused on the communist mission, but if I am dead I can't accomplish anything. So I have to treat the mafia as my main enemy, while I continue the search. The pro-town allies I believe I've found are valuable, and more trustworthy than the mafia families, for sure.

This round's reveal by TinCow and Kommodus against atheotes, and the accusation of Kagemusha and Leet Eriksson caused me to be unable to really influence the lynch. Town's given me the benefit of the doubt, so I'll do the same here, but I asked Sigurd to have these accusers checked out. I don't want to just blindly trust these people.

Proletariat seems to be FBI and although I wanted SSNeoperestroika to protect my "confirmed" innocent friends, it seems she may have convinced him to protect her.

ED: That's why Johnhughthom died, folks.

And that's fine, I am just running short on trusted people to defend my core contacts and myself. If Double A does his job, and the pt on Double A functions, then it would take a bullet to stop the pt, a bullet to stop Double A, a bullet to hit me, and a bullet more to finish me, I believe.

Attempted to organize a vigilante group against Kage but I need another volunteer to replace Andres. Time is short, and people are notorious for not being able to amend their orders before the phase is over. I asked for an extension due to the forum freeze but the game probably has to keep moving.

If I were to guess, the town has made good progress, and so have I... but it's tough to keep score.

Night Six

Not thrilled over the loss of John and Psycho. Attempted to organize two hit teams tonight, they may or may not be successful. Some protection groups still might function. Aim is to get Sigurd and myself and Double A through the night.

No progress on the communist front. Hopefully the mafia take each other down tonight but I feel things could get pretty bad, especially as they seem to be missing each other pretty well.

I think I have a generally good idea the roles of many still left alive, but it seems like way too many of the lucas and mades are hiding. I'm hoping that if we wipe out the known criminals we could really weaken the mafia.

Still the questions persist in private over what I am and what my objectives are. I guess it's easy to understand, if I were a basic townie with very limited information, most of the interest would be on me, over the other suggested lynchees and vigilante targets. Don't really have a plan except to keep chugging along and to expose mafia when I see them. Hopefully I'll someday get a result besides questionable... or maybe I'm supposed to be killing off questionable people?

Game is exhausting. organizing groups is a headache. Still good fun though.

Night Seven

This round seemed to just go my way. I blame the lack of activity and many people being absent for this... I believe that if the mafia were out in force, this wouldn't have happened. But that's just a theory, it could be wrong. Finally being relieved of having to defend myself, the protection rings have been re-organized and there should be pretty strong protections especially where they are needed the most.

A lack of further information on the communist front means I'm just going to move on to other targets, and hope that ricera10 and pannonian weren't communists, or end up dead. In the meantime I heard through the grapevine that Caius was being protected at night, and that warrants a little scrutiny. Lord Winter also basically opposed my entire case on CountArach, which leads me to believe he could be sympathetic to their cause.

In any case, I think these are good targets. I'm going to ask Sigurd to check out the newcomer, (ED: CDF) and also Double A, to make sure we have a doctor on our hands. I'm interested in ACIN and Tratorix as well. But you never know, he might have a better suggestion.

More worried about actually keeping people alive than vigilante killing, I didn't form any vigilante groups tonight. I want to give those accused a chance to defend themselves and have their alibis checked. Maybe I'm too worried about possibly sending an innocent to their death... after all, I probably should have those with a questionable result put to death. That's kind of the whole point. Perhaps tomorrow I will... I just want to see if I can't get something besides a questionable result back from someone. Perhaps a clearer result.

I have most of the people I think should remain alive protected, and perhaps we will get some doctors or whatever out of the deal. Those people who haven't been investigated, if they wind up dead, it's something I can't really prevent because I can't protect everyone, and no sense in wasting investigations.

I want Proletariat, SSNeoperestroika, Double A, Sigurd, Splitpersonality, Diana Abnoba, Tincow, and Beskar defended. Let's see if any of these targets end up dead, because if so, I believe I have the guilty or criminal results to bring down those who could have been responsible. Otherwise I may decide to just get a little trigger-happy.

NIGHT EIGHT

Please investigate AggonyDuck and Tratorix.

Journal/Notes-

You can almost feel the BS in the air... the pungent stench of lies hangs like a fog over Fatlington. I believe I'm posing enough of a threat to the mafia that they are indeed attempting to penetrate my organization, with renewed gusto every round. I am fairly confident about the people at the top, less so for the bottom half. Doesn't matter really as long as the investigative people survive a little longer. Sigurd seems to be legit so far as I can tell and Prole... well... not sure about her. As long as the mafia keep wasting bullets on her, that's good for everyone, especially our doctors.

I am not living an illusion, though. I know that there are good players out there who have likely cracked the defenses. A coordinated effort by all the families should bring down a lot of important roles now. I'm hoping to stave that off for a few more rounds. I've tossed both lies and truths out there to confuse the mafia, and I'm bluffing my best bluffs regarding who is useful and who is not. Dare I hope we've nailed our third Luca? The dons should be in trouble now.

On the commie front; coordinating with prole to get maximum results. I need more names. The loyal thing tells me that loyal could indicate wiseguy or better status, thus proving the mafia hate communists. All the loyal results so far have indicated mafia or wiseguy, I think. Jolt- wise, Lord Winter- wise, most likely, Ironside- luca, atheotes- don.... the list goes on.

Shlin is being tested tonight on the theory that Dons cannot vigilante kill. A ruse was concocted by Tincow to expose him. 50/50 shot if it works or not... I don't know for sure, but hey its worth a shot. Any innocent townies who don't successfully pt or vig kill are suspects there.

I intend to hold power as long as possible. I am actually doing the town a service, I believe... but if necessary, if things start to turn, I really hold the town by the gonads. I'll twist them if I have to. I'm certain the mafia would just LOVE to know what everyone's been up to all game, who has a role, who is innocent, everything.

Editor's note: This is when I came up with the "nuclear option"

All those people slandering my good name... well, they'd better hope I'm not a scumbag. I'm technically neutral. I'm sure the mafia would be eager to take down all my targets for me in exchange for a little information.

I'm not a bad guy, but my role tells me to be Machiavellian, so I can be the most ice-cold dictator if that's what's required. This is the "nice" Pizzaguy. I wouldn't recommend that the town push my "evil" button, because I can do the whole evil bit just fine. I'm certain that the mafia would love to keep me as director assuming I expose the entire town. Meh.... that's the nuclear option. I'm considering it as a last resort in case my Directorship is ever threatened. I'm starting to like it at the top... power suits me just fine. I am restraining myself, because it is very very fun to be bad. But I am also considering how the other players would take it, it is their game too, and I have a reputation of being a good townie sometimes and a good mafia other times... I don't want to ruin that by gaining a reputation that makes Sasaki look like a fluffy kitten.

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep my intentions pure and do some serious good for the town. It's nice to be nice. But I've played a decent game I think, and now that I have the tools at my disposal, I will make sure my mission is completed one way or another, Fatlington... whatever the cost.

Editor's note: I was pushing ahead against the mafia full steam, as you well know... but if you guys got trigger-happy and I was threatened with death, my mission incomplete... selfish Pizzaguy would have showed up and spoiled your entire party that you're having right now. Not because I am mean, but because my role tells me that's what I'm supposed to do.

NIGHT NINE

Was getting frazzled with organizing the whole town, didn't bother with a journal entry, just posted my suspected Dons list, which I made public anyway.

NIGHT Fifteen

Notes/Journal- (its been a while.)

(Ed: I was exhausted. I was intent on keeping a log of all my thoughts but by night ten, I stopped having anything intelligent to say.)

I have no idea how the town is doing. I know I've been helpful in lynching two commies, and if there are more besides Chaotix I'll go get them, if I still live. As for the mafia... they never do seem to want to die. There's gotta be more out there, and I am starting to get stumped as to where they are. I'm not at all confident about the Sasaki lynch. In spite of evidence against him, there was also evidence for him, but he seemed to be mafia sympathetic. The protections and the innocent result... they worry me.

Rumor is that Splitpersonality is leaking info to the communists and/or the mafia, and I don't trust him. I think we went communist. The fact that he pushed it to a tied vote... that worries me. Khaan seemingly was cleared of having mafia ties due to his guilty result while Director. But can I trust those results? Can I fully trust Sigurd? Even with a lot of reasons to do so, it's still blind faith. His decision to double lynch Sasaki and Crazed took out what may be the last of Reenk's suspects.

But I don't totally trust in Reenk... he did seem to be playing both sides of the fence, even though the results said townie. He's done odd things in mafia games before, such as claiming to be detective and accusing someone out of the blue, to get them lynched... and what if they turned up innocent? Then he would have died as well. Sometimes his townie play is a bit strange to say the least.

The double lynch should prove what Khaan's loyalties presently are. But I won't know until I see the autopsies from Sasaki and CR which say guilty or innocent.

One side of this fight scored a victory today. Even with all my information, and though it might seem patently obvious from an outsider's perspective, I honestly don't know which side scored the big win today. The future is uncertain, but I feel that a townie victory could be possible. Most of the living are doctors, vigilantes, FBI, investigators, etc... at least, that's what I've been led to believe. In order for the mafia or the commies to be winning here, a lot of people need to have masterfully deceived the town. I do not put it past these players to do so.

I'm worried enough that I want to quickly get the communists dead, before I end up that way. I hope the town gets more active and pro-active in fighting the scums. Some infiltration missions are reportedly in the works. YLC claims to be trying to join the commies so he can get insider information from them. TinCow wants to gain information from them, or so he says. Don't know if I can trust either TinCow or YLC anymore. Only time will tell.... to paraphrase from Terminator 2:

The future, always so clear to me, has become like a black highway at night. We are in uncharted territory now, making up history as we go along.

Thought for the day: I am a blundering idiot for revealing any of my files to anyone. The only upside is that I know I still have leaks, and a fair idea who they may be. Let us hope I haven't personally doomed the town. I'll be remembered more for what I accomplish on my volunteer mission to eliminate the mafia, than I will for my anticommunist efforts. If we fail... if I had a big hand in making the final blunders that doom the town... I will be licking my wounds for a while.

ROLE PM Part I: COVER ROLE- Wiseguy unaffiliated

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Your Cover Role is:

Wiseguy, currently unaffiliated.

Victory Conditions

You can chart your own course to victory. You can join a mafia family and work for that family’s victory. You can join a mafia family, try to supplant the Don and become Capo di Tutti Capi yourself. You can form your own Criminal family and try to dominate the others. You can even put crime behind you and work for the victory of the town over the mafia. What route you choose is up to you. If you remain loyal to the town, your victory conditions will be as below:

Town win with 41+% of original townie roles surviving = decisive victory.
    Town win with 21-40% of original townie roles surviving = clear victory.
    Town win with fewer than 20% of the original townie roles surviving = close victory.
    Neither side wins = draw.
    Town defeat with fewer than 10% of the orginal mafiosi or wiseguys surviving = close defeat.
    Town defeat 11-25% of orginal mafiosi or wiseguys roles surviving = clear defeat.
    Town defeat 26+% of orginal mafiosi or wiseguys roles surviving = decisive defeat.
    -- Your personal survival moves you one category up on this scale.

Powers & Responsibilities

A. General:

1. You are the raw material for expanding a crime family. Remember that if they are unable to recruit you to their cause, you probably become very “expendable” in their eyes.

2. You are unusually lucky. The first time someone tries to murder you while you are unprotected, you will – through luck alone – survive. Subsequent attempts on your life – even on the same night – will probably get you, though you will always have 1 chance in 36 of surviving just by dumb luck. If protected, your luck does not come into play.

3. Your REAL Role is that of the CIA Operative (details forthcoming).

B. Day Actions:

1. You can select/vote as can all players.

C. Night Actions:

1. Combine with 3 townies you can attempt to kill one target per night (after two successful kills, one of them will become a “Wise Guy” and can progress from there). Such kills only count as “half-credit” for your ascension to Made Gangster (unaffiliated).

2. Combine with 2 townies you can attempt to protect one target per night (after two successful protections, one of you may become a “Doctor’ and can progress from there; if you do you’ll cease being a Wise Guy.

3. If following two successful protections you are selected as Doctor and refuse, you can choose to become a regular townie. Two further successful protections will result in your promotion to Detective – but in your case you will become a Rogue Detective.

4. One advantage you have over a townie, while participating in such townie groups, is that should you end up as a “solo” on a save or kill attempt, it is unlikely to get you killed – though there is a chance your identity would be revealed.

5. You may also combine efforts with one other wiseguy or made gangster to kill a target, providing you have the official sanction of that Mafia family. Two successful kills in this manner, along with the formal acceptance of the Don of that family, and you will be promoted to Made Gangster in that family. These kill credits must be compiled with the same family in order to count.

6. You can also achieve Made Gangster status with a non-mafia or new mafia “family.” This requires 4 successful kills as in the half credit noted above.

Investigations

1. If you are investigated by a Detective or FBI Detective, you are equally likely to be noted as a “criminal” or as being “unclear.”
    2. If you have killed someone in a non-mafia-sanctioned killing, you will register as “guilty.”
    3. If you have killed someone as part of a mafia-sanctioned kill team, you will register as “guilty” only on the night of the murder, but will register as “criminal” thereafter even if you were an “unclear” before.

Role Changing

As noted above, you have many options for a role change and can progress readily in that new role. Remember, once you have chosen a path by moving forward into a new role, however, you cannot reconsider and revert.

ROLE PM Part II: REAL ROLE- CIA Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Your Real Role is:

CIA Operative

Victory Conditions

You were in the CIA long before it was the CIA. Like most of the former OSS, you’re convinced that Hoover is a pompous who will – despite all his bluster – not get the job done when it comes to stopping the commies. You’ve seen what they were doing in Greece and helped to fight them to a stop. You were part of the group saying the Chicomms WOULD intervene in Korea. Now some of the folks who’ve been interrogated have mentioned another name – Fatlington. Irregardless of the law prohibiting domestic activity by the CIA, you will NOT let the communists create a foothold in the USA. You’ve heard the mafia is making a play for Fatlington too, and you couldn’t care less. In fact, you cut a few deals with them in Greece to remove certain members of the opposition and you know they worked well with the OSS in Sicily. They may be criminals, but they’re not commies. Your victory hinges on your ability to defeat the communist 5th column – and to beat Hoover to the punch. See below:

Decisive Victory = The Communist cell is wiped out without participation by the FBI.
    Clear Victory = The Communist cell is wiped out with FBI participation, but with strong participation by you and any “hirelings” you’ve acquired as well.
    Close Victory = A majority of the Communist cell is destroyed.
    Draw = A majority of the communist cell, or the entire cell, is destroyed by the FBI.
    Close Defeat = Some of the Communist cell survives, but is not in control of anything.
    Clear Defeat = The Communists take over Fatlington.
    Crushing Defeat = The Communists take over Fatlington and you are killed.

Powers & Responsibilities

A. General:

1. Except where night actions or other traits below supersede them, you may use the powers and abilities associated with your cover role as delineated in that role sheet.

2. You have heard that one of your old pals from Greece is in town working for the Mafiosi (you never met personally, but exchanged messages). He may be a valuable resource to you. Your old codeword for exchanging messages was “vendetta.”

3. One of your sources, prior to expiring, hinted that communist cells that were re-assembling after troubles or being pieced together would use the names of famous communists as a backup system of recognition codewords for making connection.

4. Your tactics should be Machiavellian. Use any advantage, get others to do dirty work for you, convince them that you are the savior of Fatlington or whatever – taking out the Commies is for the greater good of all in the long run.

5. See Cover Role

B. Day Actions:

1. You can select/vote as can all players.

C. Night Actions:

1. Working with one skilled partner (wiseguy, rogue detective, made, etc.), you may kill one target per night, as long as you have identified that target as a probable or confirmed communist. This partner need not know the real story behind your targeting. This may not be combined with cover role night actions.

2. If not involved in a killing, you may investigate two persons. Again, this may not be combined with cover role night actions.

D. Investigations:

1. Unless being investigated by counter-intelligence, these will follow your cover role.

2. If investigated by counter-intelligence, you will read as “Questionable” rather than loyal. Subsequent investigations might reveal your background and connections.

3. When you are investigating, you will learn if someone is Loyal or Questionable. Subsequent investigations of the same target will increase your knowledge of that target’s role and background and allow you to identify the communists.

Role Changing

You cannot change roles. Kill a Commie for Mommy!
    Last edited by Sigurd; 09-28-2009 at 11:03.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Equicidal Maniac Member slashandburn's Avatar

FBI quicktopic
    I'm salt and barnacles, johnhughthom is apprentice the first, and cannoli is proletariat.
    http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/n5p3nqxCdAR
    Last edited by slashandburn; 09-27-2009 at 04:23. Reason: Explanation
    Parla più piano e nessuno sentirà, il nostro amore lo viviamo io e te,
    nessuno sa la verità, neppure il cielo che ci guarda da lassù.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me, Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità, è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me,Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità,è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    Ach, you guys got into hot water early. And that answers my question about reenk I guess, he got a couple incriminating pm's and surmised the rest.

No no DG

You guys got caught didn't you. Good thing I didn't join (although, I did die before we could get anything organized).

Also, My guys get credit for taking out Beskar AND CDF. When we only went after Beskar as far as I know. I'm still trying to figure out how we got credited with killing CDF.

Nice job Diana questioning the order of night actions. I think if not for you we would have pulled that move off.

Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast