Thread: CTD before I can start a game

Default CTD before I can start a game

I hade a reinstall of rome total war 1.5 on my comp. Just as a note I am useing the RTW pack with Barbarian invasion. will that work?

any way. I reinstalled it and added the mod. every thing looks good. I try to make a custom battle. got a CTD. I try campaign got a CTD. I couldnt even begin either of these so I have no saves. then I reinstall mod with the repair button and it still has same problems. I made sure to install the mod in the "creative assmebly " folder not the activision. I had to do this for barbarian invasion. and I trouble shoted. any suggestions?

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: CTD before I can start a game

When you uninstalled the game, did you manually erase the traces of the game in the folder? The regular uninstallation doesn't delete everything.

I'm not sure about using the repair option to install the game. Use the regular set up.

Try adding the -show_err line to the target of the shortcut so it tells you what happens when it crashes.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Korlon
    When you uninstalled the game, did you manually erase the traces of the game in the folder? The regular uninstallation doesn't delete everything.

I'm not sure about using the repair option to install the game. Use the regular set up.

Try adding the -show_err line to the target of the shortcut so it tells you what happens when it crashes.
    ok I will try this. thx :)

Have you tried running Bovi's Installation Validator? This sounds like a pretty weird program. Just follow the instructions and post a log here.

-Hax
    This space intentionally left blank.

okay. I checked my version of RTW. I thought BI patched it to 1.5. but it says its on 1.3. sorry for the wholle mix up. I will post to tell all if it works now. Im going to install.

Quote Originally Posted by The one pump wonder
    okay. I checked my version of RTW. I thought BI patched it to 1.5. but it says its on 1.3. sorry for the wholle mix up. I will post to tell all if it works now. Im going to install.
    it works! but the sea is too high grafic. I have low graphic PC. I turned everything down. I saw a sea mod somewere. im going to look for it.

thx all

Quote Originally Posted by The one pump wonder
    it works! but the sea is too high grafic. I have low graphic PC. I turned everything down. I saw a sea mod somewere. im going to look for it.

thx all
    I found it in the Downloads section. but I click to download and its a text doc. what do i do?

You have to replace the file you downloaded with the file you have in your RTW folder. Seriously, people would do good to read the FAQ once in awhile.

The sea has NOTHING to do with the game's speed
    This space intentionally left blank.