Thread: help instaing eb mod

Default help instaing eb mod

hi ive playin rome for ages and just notice eb mod ive downloaded it but am unsure what to do ive tryed instaling it and it comes up with not origanl instaltion or somethin like that and to press ok but then nothink happens ive got rome gold installed which i reinstalled but still no good . could some be very basic with how to do this as im new to adding modds please thanks a tw fan

Default Re: help instaing eb mod

IIRC, you can tell it to install to a non-RTW folder (ie: c:/.../desktop/babagadoosh) and manually copy the files over.

Someone more knowledgeable than I will have to confirm/deny this.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Make certain your installation is properly patched to 1.5. You do this by running your installation and on the game setup screen it needs to say 1.5 on the top right hand corner, IIRC. If it doesn't say this then your not properly patched. If your patched correctly, make certain your pointing the installer to the proper directory, where the main RTW installation is located. The installer will do the rest.

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Since you have the gold edition, you don't need to patch anything. It's already at 1.5/1.6. So all you need to do is download EB, double click the downloaded file, direct the address to install to .../Rome - Total War and you're done.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

while we're on the subject of installing eb, it says u gotta install it in the folder with ur rtw 1.5.....
    my rtw is like c/users/owner/activision/rtw
    do i install to owner, activision, or rtw?????
    Thank you EB team

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quackingduck
    while we're on the subject of installing eb, it says u gotta install it in the folder with ur rtw 1.5.....
    my rtw is like c/users/owner/activision/rtw
    do i install to owner, activision, or rtw?????
    RTW. It'll be the same folder you can locate the file RomeTW.exe in.
    You'd probably be better off making a new RTW install outside of the Users folder or Program Files though (something like C:\Games\RTW should be fine).
    Cheers
    Last edited by overweightninja; 03-21-2008 at 13:37.

ok ive put it with rome file then tryed to install but comes up that files are missin options are then cancel ignore or try again what have i done wrong and thanks for help

ive tryed it again when i try to install it works a little bit then says source file not found and then i have to finish install what am i doing wrong cheers

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Are you directing the installer to the proper directory? I'm guessing the installer cannot find the correct core files required by the game because you didn't direct the address correctly.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

i done what it said on text form that came with mod in programs file the creative assembly rome total war

what you need to do is copy the link of the ROME TOTAL WAR game .
    when you see the folders from the game called DATA . . . PREFERENCES . . . LOGS . . . . MILES . . . SAVES and the RTW logo the red one COPY THE LINK IN THE TOP , dont go anywhere ... JUST COPY THAT LINK UPTHERE =)and pass it to where the installer says . or asks you for where you want to install the EB game mod .

if that is what is stopping you to play EB then ill be happy to have helped you install it right cuz i had the same problem and was mad as Hell :P . if not then someone correct me =)
    Last edited by eddy_purpus; 03-22-2008 at 05:41.
    Edvard0
    Only the evil will triumph if good men do nothing .
    Edmund . . . .

hi ya thanks for reply i was just watchin lost lol . ok ive done that but still no good let me exsplain what ive done ive down loaded it on to disc to put on computer down stair ive unpacked it and tryed to run it strigth away would not work so copyed it and put it in rome file in program files then open it in there thats when i get the source thing come up have i done it right so fsr please cheers bud

well i just done a search and found install help so this is what i have done now . romoved rome reinstalled it then double click bw10exe it starts runnin md somethink then starts unpacking it little picture of eb on side bar saying instalin then when it finishs it comes up with some think like is this a windows instaltion then thats it please what has gone wrong

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lord ad
    well i just done a search and found install help so this is what i have done now . romoved rome reinstalled it then double click bw10exe it starts runnin md somethink then starts unpacking it little picture of eb on side bar saying instalin then when it finishs it comes up with some think like is this a windows instaltion then thats it please what has gone wrong
    If you've done everything right and it still won't install perhaps the install itself is corrupted? Have you tried redownloading at all?

Cheers

PS
    300 posts woop woop!

yer im just tryin that next cheers , ill post bac up hopefully to say im off to play it lol

right downloaded fresh eb . uninstalled rome and then installed it double click eb10exe dose md thing then unpacks files then comes up could not open this is it windows package or somethink like that please help i need to play this lol

im just tryin it again on brothers computer

can not belive it its worked on his computer , why, i have got mtw2 installed would this be the problem or when i put eb10 on disc on run it on other computer im at loss

hi tryed it on my computer dose it all except after installin it comes up with windows installer its says basicly is this a valid windows installer package how come i get this and on other computer it never came up pleaae help me

and one other thing is when i start install on brothers computer it first ask to well its says security warning - the publisher could not be verified it dose not do this when i do it on computer down stairs would this be the problem is any body out there to help me please as you can see im trying every thing

I have a problem understanding exactly what you mean. But I think you will be helped on your other machine by:

* Clearing up some space on your c: drive if you're low on it. If you have more than 3GB free hard disk space, you can forget this point.
    OR
    * Using 7-zip to unpack EB. You'll have to create the shortcut manually if you take this route.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

ok ive sorted it just copyed whole file after installing it on brothers computer then put on disc and installed on mine just started stright away dont know why did not think of that before cheers any way every one im off now to carry on playing lol

Great, enjoy the mod .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking