Thread: Console problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Console problem

I've searched and searched for a solution for this. But i can't seem to find a way to open my console. I've tried every key on my keyboard but i just doesn't open.

If anyone can tell me how i can open it in some different manner that would be great or just show me some way to get this to work.

I'm just playing normal EB 1.0 and on a vista machine.

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: Console problem

I've heard that people have trouble opening the console if they use a wireless keyboard. Does this hold in your case?
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Nope. I'm not using anything wireless.

I'm playing on a Laptop tho. And it has an Icelandic keysetup. If that could have some to do with it.

Kinda strange if this is a rare problem and there is nothing i can do to fix it. Like adding some kind of string to the shortcut or something :)

If you do not have a QWERTY (US) layout this might be the cause of it. Try to find the tilde key [~], because you need to type a tilde to open the console AFAIK.

(Perhaps the game checks for character match, instead of keycode match... ?)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Perhaps you should try altering your keyboard layout and see if that works. Head to your control panel and open up your regional and language options. Then go to the languages tab and click the details button. Click add and enter the English (United States) language. Then click on keyboard layout. Mine doesn't show it, maybe because I already have it added, but there probably is a United States-QWERTY option there. Click on that and hit ok. Now after I don't have much clue about, but you'd probably click on the thing under Default input language and change it to the United States on. Then start your game and see if pressing some buttons works.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Nope... Nothing works.

I'll just have to try another keyboard. Maybe that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by barabinni
    I've searched and searched for a solution for this. But i can't seem to find a way to open my console. I've tried every key on my keyboard but i just doesn't open.

If anyone can tell me how i can open it in some different manner that would be great or just show me some way to get this to work.

I'm just playing normal EB 1.0 and on a vista machine.
    Check this tread:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...103488&page=19

It should always be the key left of the "1", on my keyboard it would be the "^" for example.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Quote Originally Posted by konny
    It should always be the key left of the "1", on my keyboard it would be the "^" for example.
    Yep, but the problem is that it is not working in some cases (esp. under Vista). The reason that has been figured out is that RomeShell interferes with some infrared devices (e.g. Microsoft infrared receiver in Vista, some remote keybords, etc.). If you experience such problem with Rome console, you should go to device manager and disable the infrared receiver. It worked for me and it had cost me a lot of time to figure out where the problem is.
    I dont like cheats, but I really missed "remove fog of war" as I love to watch what other factions are doing in my campaign.
    I noticed that some people here had similar problem (esp. on notebooks with vista) and nobody was able to find (or at least post) a solution. It made me to register and post for the first time (damm, I hate to register anywhere ).