Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

I split off the discussion about the Ptolemaioi and Kyrene into its own thread. Please continue the discussion here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=110619

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

WE need to sticky teh 1.2 thread naough!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-19-2008 at 04:48.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Agreed.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Default Re: 1.2x AI Faction Progression Thread

Seeing they often abandon their steppe-dreams if they're beaten back early by the Sauro's, maybe somehow making the Sauro's more powerful would do the trick. Like...increasing the garrison in Uspe. Though they'd probably just move it west first few turns.
    Well, if it can be done somehow I think it might work and stear the Hai south.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

if 1.2 thread isn't stickied we'll spam the 1.1 thread with 1.2 shit
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

There's 242bc.

It was never my intention to go east along the coast of Africa, but the yellows attacked me and refused any kind of diplomacy so it was necessary to take the fight to them.

Rome are still cutting through the Aedui like a hot knife through butter, despite 10-20k donations from me each turn, and sometimes even 40-50k depending on how much i have left over in a turn after doing everything.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Spamming isn't tolerated as is inspiring people to do it. Also don't use the s word.

233BC - Makedonian campaign.

KH are destroyed, and my long lasting alliance with the AS came to an abrupt end when they've murdered my governor in Pergamon. Pontos proved to be an incompetent ally in containing the Seleucids despite my generous financial help, so I've decided to get rid of them and handle the situation myself. Getae reminded me that we were actually at war by trying to take Serdike from me and were punished.

Elsewhere:
    AS and the Ptolies are at peace.Romans are tolerating Epirote presence in Italy for an unknown reason. Pahlava are very slowly gaining ground against the AS and Aedui starting to look scary Looks like Romans will be in trouble very soon.

Carthage 241 bc
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post

Carthage 241 bc

I like your Saka and Pahlavan expansion. And its cool that the Ptolies and the Sauromatae have one border. Epeiros and the Getai, this fight will be interesting too.

But i hate the Ptolemaioi Kill that yellow fever
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    I like your Saka and Pahlavan expansion. And its cool that the Ptolies and the Sauromatae have one border. Epeiros and the Getai, this fight will be interesting too.

But i hate the Ptolemaioi Kill that yellow fever
    I love what most factions are doing, but if I defeat the Ptollies I'll have to fight against Pahlav and maybe Saka too. And don't want that lol they're to strong.
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Captain of Team Awesome Member Ignopotens's Avatar

I really like the Getai expansion you got there.
    The Lord of Fire

KH Campaign, 225 BC, take a look at the sauromatae

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Spamming isn't tolerated as is inspiring people to do it. Also don't use the s word.
    Just joking...phew

And how many 1.1 maps do you see on this page! So they are spamming 1.2 here already! So i don't inspire them to do this because they did it way before my message!

- Skullheadhq

Couldn't we just rename this thread to the "1.X AI faction Progression Thread", since the difference between 1.1 och 1.2 seems to be minimal in terms of AI behaviour?
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

250BC, Pontos, M/M, RTW.exe, 1.2 modpack installed.

Anyone ever seen Kyrene revolt to the grey monster before?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They did that in my Romani campaign. I first noticed it when I got a message that Arche Seleukeia and Qarthadast is at war!

Seems like a good enough idea to me.
    The Appomination

It must be set to revolt to a random Greek faction then is it?

Blog Entries

No, the Seleukids were always strong allies of Cyrene; I think you start off with a guy called "Of Cyrene".

My Pahlava campaign. The year is 232 BC

Points of Interest:

-Seleukid Empire! They share border with Sweboz and they took Ukraine when i pushed them out of the steppes they entered the stepps again at the Sauromatae. I need to destroy them but those Indians are running to Germania

-Saba! never saw such a good Saba expention

-Aedui! Took Bononia

-Pahlava, They rock

-Romani isn't interested in Rhegion! Why not?
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 12-26-2008 at 11:11.

Pahlava Campaign, 1.2, 232 BC

Look at the Seleukid Empire, They share border with the Sweboz.! And they took Ukraine!

Damn! You can't attack them now and ruin their amazing empire.
    The Appomination

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Damn! You can't attack them now and ruin their amazing empire.
    I agree. Now, it's time to conquer India and wipe out those Sakas...
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post

Pahlava Campaign, 1.2, 232 BC

Look at the Seleukid Empire, They share border with the Sweboz.! And they took Ukraine!
    That is the coolest Seleucid progression I've ever seen.

Blog Entries

I've never seen that Seleukid expansion before. That's just...bizarre.
    But what are the Arverni doing in Naissos?

Current KH Campaign 217 BC

The Koinon Hellenon conquered the lands of the Makedonians and the Epeirotes, they invaded Mikra Asia and possess a client kingdom in Taurike Chersonesos. Wars are fought with the Seleukids, Hayasdan and Pontus, allies are Roma, the Getai and the Ptolemaioi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The Lusotannan are not able to take the last bit of Iberia for ages

- Carthage lost the great and bloody war for Sicily against rome, surely because the've lost very much money and many soldiers in Iberia.

- The Averni are history soon, their last town is beeing besieged by the Aedui.

- The Aedui fought several great wars against Roma and the Sweboz, but they seem slowly but surely to run out of resources.

- Roma victrix. Rome spreads over europe like a colony of bakteria. They manage the Gauls and the Germans for now, but time will show if they manage the Lusotannan too.

- The Sauromatae are invading europe for ages, they usurp the Getai and challenge the KH and their client kingdom.

- The Arche Seleukeia lost Mikra Asia but still is the most advanced faction. They fight passionately, and it would seem as if their first priority was the reconquest of Mikra Asia. They also fight the Ptolemaioi and even Carthage since Cyrene is theirs !!

- The Ptolemaioi are pressed by the Sabean Kingdom. At the moment the Sabeans besiege Petra.

- Pahlava, Baktria and Saka Rauka are all more or less in war with each other and the Arche Seleukeia. I think if the KH devolved the AS' power furthermore, Baktria would rise from the ashes and claim those eastern territories, if its not too late....

- The Hay also are in war with the KH. They seem to have developed quite good, since they use late bodyguards and such heavy stuff. I think, when I conquered Pontos, I will leave the Hay unharmed, even if they attack me (they will, they do it all the time). I want to see how they continue.

- Pontos has been an Ally of the KH and would have been left in peace, but they seeked war and so war it was, what was brought upon them.
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 12-28-2008 at 01:52.

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

NICE Sauro expansion!!! This is a rare sight to see them still powerful after teh steppe wars, able to hold off Haydisan too eh?
    I am also enjoying the consistent Sweboz expansions with 1.2. Between them and teh Casse they are the most historical-to-gameplay consistent factions ive seen in 1.2 and 1.1 for that matter
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-28-2008 at 02:32.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

I'm playing as AS(no screenshots sorry) and the weird thing is Carthage didn't make war with Rome even though they share Sicily and Carthage has armies in Italy! Even stranger is Cathage's largest army is sitting in Libya on the border with the Ptolemies and hasn't moved for at least 10 years. Can anyone give an explanation of this?

Current romani campaign 214 BC H/M

Ptolemaic are a dangerous opponent, we are stucked in the swamp of Asia Minor in a long war. Gallia is almost done.

I am in peace with Cartago. Lusitani and Germani are amy allies. Hayasdan are making a good empire with some protectorates. Pahalava are strong too.

May be the more rare thing is that Seleucids are down (or almost, that point white in Crimea must be their last settlement) by Ptolemaic, I hope not to be the next . And those little Getai are doing his own empire since they are my allies too.
    Last edited by Berg-i-dum; 12-28-2008 at 10:16.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast