Thread: High kings of the Mountains:A Hayasdan AAR

Default High kings of the Mountains:A Hayasdan AAR

I'm going to write an AAR about Hayastan. And my house rules are diffrent because I'm going to follow one general and tell about him and his battles and a little about the rest of the kingdom will be told. housrules:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. fight evrey battle
    2.No cheating except toggle_fow
    3.role play
    4.And have alot of fun

Intro
    Our story begins after the failed battle near Antioch. That day the hay forces were beaten and broken. Our kingdom is in danger; there is no force that could retaliate a Seleucid attack. There was only one solution to this problem. We must sign a cease fire with our enemies. It’s hard to acknowledge defeat but it’s the only thing we can do for now. We’ll make peace and start trade with them; while they are fighting other enemies we will grow stronger and attack them on our own terms. And there’s also another reason why we need peace. The Persian kingdom of Pontos in the West is rich but very weak. They thought that while we were fighting those Hellenics our lands would be defenseless. But they have seen their mistake, when their only army was destroyed near Trapezous. Now their lands are almost defenseless. When our army is reinforced and our ranks filled with new soldiers. We will go and arise their kingdom from the pages of history. The glory days of the Persians were gone when Alexander destroyed their empire. Their days in freedom will be gone when our armies march in too their lands. When Pontos is gone we will be a regional power in Asia-Minor. My father needs the approval of the council o give the marching order. Many of the council members live in the mountains outside of Hay land and have blood ties with Pontos. All those new nakharars have too much power. When my father conquered those lands he made one mistake, he didn’t install a strong central power linked to Armavir. But things are changing now, the last time I was in Armavir I was a young man under the command of my father. But now I’m the Avag Sepuh, crown prince, to the throne of Hayastan. My father is not planning to join the council of nobles and will stay in Karkathiokerta. The last meetings, since the start of the offensive, have the azads fought against every war measure my father tried to make. But this time it will be different, every Azad and nakharar from Hayastan, Pokhr-Hayk and Sophene are attending the meeting and they will support my decisions. The army will be retrained and ready to invade Pontos and with support of the army the king will get absolute power. Than a central government will be installed in Armavir.

I'll post the first chapter in the weekend. Hope you guys enjoy it and give a feedback.
    Last edited by Karo; 10-17-2007 at 18:47.
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Default Re: High kings of the Mountains:A Hayasdan AAR

It looks awesome Karo, cant wait for the first chapter!!!
    For Hayasdan!!! :D

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

screens would help ;-)
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

pics will be aded tommorow and maybe the first chapter will be released.
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

Whilst chewing philosophically upon an apple, thus my right arm engaged in action and being unable to type, but leaving my left arm to browse the forum, I found this.
    And, my advice for you on this, which is the thing of greatest necessity if you are going to attract a reader is;
    please include paragraphs.

Be generous in your use of the Enter key, at the end of every long sentence, give it a bash.
    It makes a gap in the line of text and the reader does not need to concentrate so severely on the writing.

Aside from this, your main priority should be not screenshots, if you do not want this to have the same appeal as a picture book, but quality and fluency of your English skills!
    Too many authors here realise that their efforts to write are frivolous, and so often create a confusingly great traffic of pictures.

Add some, but people should not need to see the name of your general printed in a screenshot - if you have written it here yourself!

This is what I tried to show in my own AAR, which perished due to a "CTD" before I could find whether it truly provoked interest.
    But remember to edit and correct your sentences and storyline with great care, and leave screenshots for important occassions.

My screenshots are only from a battle and they are included after the battle is descriped and sorry for my english not my native language. And I'll use enter alot mor in the first chapter.

William Saroyan, 1935.

Chapter 1

It was good to be marching home. After few years of war, it felt good to feel Haykakan soil. And it also seemed easier to be marching towards our homelands. We passed the citadel of Van that lay near the lake and when we saw Hay soldiers guarding it, we knew that our people would be safe when our army would march into Pontic lands.

The meeting of the council would start when I arrive in Armavir. And when those matters are put aside we can start training a new army that is ready for war. Let the enemy think that we are weak and ready for the finale blow. But the mountains will protect our cities when the Seleucids decide to attack in our absent.

After a few weeks we saw the mountain of Ararat and e praised to the gods that we were alive but we also promised our fellow soldiers who died in the war that we would revenge them. Now that the war was stopped we could do nothing but our day will come when we march back to Antioch and burn the city, for what they have done to our brave men.

When we arrived in Armavir we entered the city like heroes. But I could tell that none of my men felled like they were heroes. We were very lucky nothing more, the really heroes were the ones who died on the plains near Antioch. We marched further till we reached the royal palace were my uncle was awaiting us. He started to smile because he knew what I was planning to do tonight in the council. He walked to me and gives me a hug and then looked at my men and said: ‘Go home, rest see your families. But be ready when the call comes to come and fight for your country.” After that he turned to me: “Welcome to Armavir, great Hay heros, you have fought battles were even the greatest general would crumble but you have survived and you are now ready to lead your people to glory and unify the Kingdom. Your Father maybe conquered it but you are the one who will make it a Kingdom. When my brother is gone to the eternal lands, riding on his mighty stallion, I’m ready to call you my king and follow you to whatever end you lead us too. And now come and rest see your wife. We will have our victory tonight, than we will have a true kingdom. And also a king who will have true power and isn’t a puppet to the nobles.” After that Artavadz left me and went to govern the city and the province.

The evening came much too soon. It felt great to sleep in the same bed as my wife. But the time flew by and it was time to go and meet with those nobles who think that they can rule the kingdom that my father and his build. No they are wrong only the king and his officials will rule these lands of our forefathers. We build this kingdom and we shall rule it. Now let’s hope those fools will acknowledge their defeat and not rebel against Hay rule. Only one hour to go till the nobles come together and vote what will be done if we move against Pontos or stay on the defensive and try to make peace. We will see if the powerful families of the hay will support us.

The meeting went better than we hoped first war plans came for voting. Every Hay noble men voted for an attack but also all the nobles around Trapezous voted for an attack. Because most of the time Pontic soldiers were attacking their cities, and robbing their riches. The second point on the agenda was what was going become of our kingdom. Would it stay like the way it was or would we install a central government in Armavir and give the king real power. When they started to vote all the nobles out Hayasdan, Pokr-hayq and Sophene voted for a central government. And we won with a majority of votes and this was the last time that the council would come together. And also the last time that they would stop reinforcement to be send to the fronts. The nobles out of Hayastan that voted for us will get new lands when we conquer it. After those matters were done we went outside and saw that tables were set ready for us to feast over our victory.

A week after the council we started to train new men for our army and we send also commands too train to groups of Caucasian spearmen that would support our troops in the flanks. Months past by and we were ready to march towards Pontos and attack those fools. We started to march towards the mountains near Ani-Kamahn were we could pass into Pontic lands and receive the reinforcement that was awaiting us there.

In the fall of 245 we reached the Pontic lands. We saw a small army and thought to attack those bastards first and then move to destroy besiege the city. But when we attacked them they retreated like the weaklings they are, there is no honor in them. When they were retreating they reached Amaseia and that was where our troops caught up with them. The garrison of the city saw us and came outside to help their soldiers. The king of Pontos led them out to fight our forces. But even all their soldiers together they were no challenge for our troops.

The morning of the battle I was the new recruits were nevus and scared to meet the enemy in the open field. But then I also saw men who had fought under my command laughing when they saw the peaty army of the Pontic king. Most of its men were levies and were not even Persians but Greeks. We knew that they would run when the battle was almost ours. But they had a little core of elites that were ready to fight to their dead and the king was also a man that would not return to the city in shame. He would return as a hero or he wouldn’t return at all. Too bad that it would be the last time that he would be in the city.

My men knew why we were here but I was going to tell them again so they wouldn’t forget and turn tail and run towards Ani-Kamahn when the battle would go wrong. “My friends we are here to revenge all those men and women that died in the Pontic raids, all those children that were killed in cold blood. And we are here to fight for the glory of Hayastan. Fight well and you will be a hero, flee from battle and you will be killed when you enter Haykakan soil. And now go and kill some Pontics.”

After my speech the men moved into formation. I commanded the archers and slingers to start firing against those fools and my infantry to ready when the skirmish forces retread that they need to advance to destroy the enemy. But it didn’t happen they stood there and were killed by my men. It was really funny to see how a captain could decide what his men needed to do. In midday a messenger from the king arrived with the message that they need to advance and kill my army. They started to advance and after a half an hour the Greek levies reached our ranks. Our eastern cavalry charged together with my nephew. But the Pontic king came and tried to save his men. But it was too late because me and my bodyguards charged in and killed all of them and when the king was dead.

After the dead of the king the army looked to the captain for guidance. But it would be hard to command an army when was lying dead on the battle field. The man knew that without leadership they were lost so they started to retread. And the day was ours after we killed many of the running fools we moved to the city and the gates were opened for us. And we pillaged and robbed the city. We took revenge for all those people who had died when the Pontic attack our lands.

(Screenshots)

After we were done taking revenge, we destroyed their governments building and were planning to build one of our own. We resupplied the city and fall was almost ending. We went to bed one night and the morning when we woke up we saw that a large Pontic army was besieging us. The Pontic main army was besieging us, and we didn’t know if we would survive or not. But where did they come from the last time I got a report they were near Sinope and preparing to march to Trapezous. But now they were here and ready to take back their city.

We need to sally and meet our enemies outside the gates on the open field and defeat them so they know who their new master is. Mercenaries from Greece were fighting in their ranks and would love to come and kill us all. Because in their eyes the only thing we were, was filthy easterlings, noting more. But we would show them that we could fight and take at least one man with us to our grave.

We sallied two weeks after they had arrived, our slingers and archers moved first and after them our heavy cavalry moved outside. And the phalangitia followed the enemy attack very soon and a heavy battle began were many of our man died at the hands of the enemy cavalry. The family members were killing so many men that it seemed that they were hay cavalry but the only reason why they could kill so many men was because of their sheer numbers. Nothing more, their numbers was enough to kill even all of my bodyguards. But at the end the Hay soldiers had a victory. The last men retreated and the city was safe again and we were planning how we could reach Sinope fastest.

(Screenshots)

The battle was won and we stayed for another 6 months in the city. When summer came we marched towards Sinope and while we were passing the border between our kingdoms a massive earthquake stroke our camp. And more than the half of our force lay dead there on the ground. The only thing we could do now was make peace for a few years. And after those few years we will march again against the enemy. We will not rest till their kingdom is gone from the pages of history.

End Chapter 1

Hope you guys enjoy it and next chapter will be on next weekend. and leave some comments what you liked or didn't like.
    Last edited by Karo; 10-20-2007 at 23:29.

William Saroyan, 1935.

Wow, like the story :D it'll be fun to see how you'll erase your foes and take Sinope. Show those bastards!
    How's it goign with the seleukids?

^^

AtB slave trader Member Malik of Sindh's Avatar

Hey Arsen are you the same King Arsen that posts alot of funny things in twc BC forums ?

Asia ton Barbaron,a mini mod for EB.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Karapet, are you going to continue this AAR?
    And yes, Malik, Arsen is Arsen at TWC.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

I'll continue the AAR, but haven't go that much time during weekdays, school really sucks. But I'll try and right a little preview toninght and post it. And IrishArmenian do you like my AAR.

William Saroyan, 1935.

Here's a little preview of chapter 2 I'll post the rest tommorow

Chapter 2

After the earthquake that hit us a few months ago not far from the borders with Pontos. Me and my soldiers started marching back home. We were defeated and I was tired to see good Hay men die. My army was gone and the enemy hadn’t killed even one men. What had we done to anger the gods on this way that they would punish us? I would let myself be defeated, even the gods can’t stop me. I’ll retrain our men and the war will continue. They just will a little longer.

After some time the army was ready and we were marching towards Sinope and the Pontic border. The survivors were glad that they were back in the lands that killed so many off their friends. When we were passing through the area you still could see what the earthquake had done to all those farmers that lived there. I asked our priests why the gods were mad at us. The priests said this is not the work of the gods but it’s the work of the Persian magicians. In the old empires Persian kings used magic to defeat their enemies. But magic didn’t work against Alexander and it will not work against us.

We’ll march to Pontus and destroy those magicians there. Those will be the last magician the world will see. We’ll send them all too the gods were they can decide what their punishment will be. But first we need to conquer the city. Before we can take revenge, we need to shed blood of the soldiers who protect the guilty bastards.

When we entered Pontic territory we set up camp and I returned to my camp to look at the maps and the reports of the scouts had sent me. While I was reading I heard the men talking outside the tent and the new soldiers were wondering why I hated the soldiers so much. Because three days ago we found a few Pontic scouts trying to find out where our forces were, and we caught those bastards. And I killed them personally. Now the soldiers wanted to know why I hated those dogs so much.

Karen stoop up, he was a close friend of mine since we were children. I remember when we were playing in the gardens of the palace. And he was also fighting on my side since I was given the command of an army. So if someone knew what was going on it would be him. He looked in the fire and knew I was listening to him and he started to speak. ‘This is a story not known to many men if I tell you, you guys will never tell it to anyone. Or speak again over it with people who know it. The royal family and we veterans know what happened. And you’ll know it at the end of the night and I hope you’ll understand why our general hates the pontics so much.’

Karen paused for a moment and looked back at the fire. The men were waiting impatiently for him to tell further. And he turned back to them and spoke, ‘We were much younger when this story happened. The prince and I were visiting Ani-Kamah. We were staying in the prince’s grandparent’s house. And the two youngest daughters of the house were staying there to for the summer. I was in love with Vartouhi and Shoushanig was best friends with the prince. Those two were of the same age and told each other everything.’

Karen paused again and I could see the tears in his eyes when he was thinking about his old love. After he lost her he never loved another woman. He was still alone, I felt sorry for my old friend. But then he started to speak again. ‘The house lay in the middle of the mountains, not far from the border with Pontos. One time the crown prince of Pontos was visiting the house with a friend and they were trying to find a wife for them. But Garegin was real Hay and his daughters will only marry Hay men. The Persians were angry and they thought if they couldn’t marry any off the girls no man will marry them.’

Karen stop telling and was again watching the fire, he almost started crying, but pulled himself together and his face emotionless. ‘We thought they had left the lands and returned towards Pontos. The girls went on a walk in the mountains accompanied by guards of the house. Who could we have known it that they would betray us and sell the girls to Pontic prince? When we realized it was too late, we took two of the fastest horses in the stables. We arrived there and saw two bodies lying there. Vartouhi was dead and Siranoush lied there. I fell on the ground cursing the gods and all men. The prince went to Siranoush, kneeled on the ground took her in his arms and she spoke her last words. “When your King don’t forget what happened this day.” She died at that moment the prince started weeping. This was the first time and last time I saw him cry. We went after the guards it took us two months when we found them, we took them back to Armavir, and there Samus and his men were awaiting us. It took them two weeks to die. We tortured them whole day, and after they died we cut them into pieces and fed to the dogs. And you all know now why we hate those Pontics so much.’

William Saroyan, 1935.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post
    Here's a little preview of chapter 2 I'll post the rest tommorow

Chapter 2

After the earthquake that hit us a few months ago not far from the borders with Pontos. Me and my soldiers started marching back home. We were defeated and I was tired to see good Hay men die. My army was gone and the enemy hadn’t killed even one men. What had we done to anger the gods on this way that they would punish us? I would let myself be defeated, even the gods can’t stop me. I’ll retrain our men and the war will continue. They just will a little longer.

After some time the army was ready and we were marching towards Sinope and the Pontic border. The survivors were glad that they were back in the lands that killed so many off their friends. When we were passing through the area you still could see what the earthquake had done to all those farmers that lived there. I asked our priests why the gods were mad at us. The priests said this is not the work of the gods but it’s the work of the Persian magicians. In the old empires Persian kings used magic to defeat their enemies. But magic didn’t work against Alexander and it will not work against us.

We’ll march to Pontus and destroy those magicians there. Those will be the last magician the world will see. We’ll send them all too the gods were they can decide what their punishment will be. But first we need to conquer the city. Before we can take revenge, we need to shed blood of the soldiers who protect the guilty bastards.

When we entered Pontic territory we set up camp and I returned to my camp to look at the maps and the reports of the scouts had sent me. While I was reading I heard the men talking outside the tent and the new soldiers were wondering why I hated the soldiers so much. Because three days ago we found a few Pontic scouts trying to find out where our forces were, and we caught those bastards. And I killed them personally. Now the soldiers wanted to know why I hated those dogs so much.

Karen stoop up, he was a close friend of mine since we were children. I remember when we were playing in the gardens of the palace. And he was also fighting on my side since I was given the command of an army. So if someone knew what was going on it would be him. He looked in the fire and knew I was listening to him and he started to speak. ‘This is a story not known to many men if I tell you, you guys will never tell it to anyone. Or speak again over it with people who know it. The royal family and we veterans know what happened. And you’ll know it at the end of the night and I hope you’ll understand why our general hates the pontics so much.’

Karen paused for a moment and looked back at the fire. The men were waiting impatiently for him to tell further. And he turned back to them and spoke, ‘We were much younger when this story happened. The prince and I were visiting Ani-Kamah. We were staying in the prince’s grandparent’s house. And the two youngest daughters of the house were staying there to for the summer. I was in love with Vartouhi and Shoushanig was best friends with the prince. Those two were of the same age and told each other everything.’

Karen paused again and I could see the tears in his eyes when he was thinking about his old love. After he lost her he never loved another woman. He was still alone, I felt sorry for my old friend. But then he started to speak again. ‘The house lay in the middle of the mountains, not far from the border with Pontos. One time the crown prince of Pontos was visiting the house with a friend and they were trying to find a wife for them. But Garegin was real Hay and his daughters will only marry Hay men. The Persians were angry and they thought if they couldn’t marry any off the girls no man will marry them.’

Karen stop telling and was again watching the fire, he almost started crying, but pulled himself together and his face emotionless. ‘We thought they had left the lands and returned towards Pontos. The girls went on a walk in the mountains accompanied by guards of the house. Who could we have known it that they would betray us and sell the girls to Pontic prince? When we realized it was too late, we took two of the fastest horses in the stables. We arrived there and saw two bodies lying there. Vartouhi was dead and Siranoush lied there. I fell on the ground cursing the gods and all men. The prince went to Siranoush, kneeled on the ground took her in his arms and she spoke her last words. “When your King don’t forget what happened this day.” She died at that moment the prince started weeping. This was the first time and last time I saw him cry. We went after the guards it took us two months when we found them, we took them back to Armavir, and there Samus and his men were awaiting us. It took them two weeks to die. We tortured them whole day, and after they died we cut them into pieces and fed to the dogs. And you all know now why we hate those Pontics so much.’

Awesome!
    and poor pontics...cant stand a chance against the mighty of the people of Hai!
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

What happened to this AAR?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Like most AAR's the writer probably had to stop writing for some reason, or just got bored, next time don't bump a topic that hasn't been posted in for over a year.

Sorry!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Sorry!
    No problem,
    I didn't have time to play anymore and write maybe I'll start rewriting a new AAR on of these days I'm not sure.

William Saroyan, 1935.