Thread: Battle Map

Default Battle Map

First of all, this is my first time playing EB, and I have to say, I'm addicted already! I've always been a history fiend and love the attention to detail in this mod. And the new government system that wasn't in vanilla is really great!

The only problem I have is how the battle map screen is set up. Is there a way I can change it back to how vanilla's battle map menu looked? Right now all the formation icons, as well as the command buttons are all on top of the screen. I like the original menu bar along the bottom of the view much better, any way I can change this?

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: Battle Map

Sounds like you installed the trivial script! Go to your start menu and find your EB shortcuts. Open up preferences and untick the minimal UI checkbox, and you're done!
    Last edited by Korlon; 04-21-2008 at 08:45.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Welcome to EB and to the forums. It's always nice to see new members who choose to make their first post on this sub-forum. Welcome aboard, mate!
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
    First of all, this is my first time playing EB, and I have to say, I'm addicted already! I've always been a history fiend and love the attention to detail in this mod. And the new government system that wasn't in vanilla is really great!

The only problem I have is how the battle map screen is set up. Is there a way I can change it back to how vanilla's battle map menu looked? Right now all the formation icons, as well as the command buttons are all on top of the screen. I like the original menu bar along the bottom of the view much better, any way I can change this?
    I'm not being critical, but I am curious, why do you prefer the old command option?
    I hate loosing one third of an epic battle scene to user interface, give me minimal user face any time. I just have to press F3,4 and 5(it's the way I set it up) to have a completely full battle screen on a 22" monitor with no clutter at all to spoil things.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

rich boy
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Otherwise, F6 is your friend. (It toggles that thing on the top...)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.