Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The .Org Battle Royale MK IV : Sign ups

Default The .Org Battle Royale MK IV : Sign ups

The Org Battle Royale has been an on going series for an extremly long time now. It only seemed like a yesterday in Battle Royale Number One where I kicked everyone's butt. As .Org Battle Royale Mk III is drawing to an end I see that many people have posted showing their intrest to continue the trilogy.

Since I am such a nice guy I do not mind hosting another one. But I will not host one if I only get a few people playing as it is very, very hard and strenous work and I have to devote much of my time towards it.

So this thread is for those who will be intrested to join or if you want make and post some suggestions to improve this game, or share some idea to make this forth edition better.

Also As I do not want to be a one man team, I would like someone who is skilled in photoshop and knows how to get a realistic map like the one in Mk III. IT would be greatly appreciated.

So guys post up!

And if you've never expereinced Battle Royale before feel free to check out Battle Royale Mk III which is soon drawing to an end. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=89638

Here are the basic outline to it. More will be added.

Overview:

This game is based on the popular novel, movie, and comic series of the same name. It is like Mafia, only with one fundamental difference - every player is playing for themself.

Summary and instructions:

The game takes place in some country with an oppressive government with a brutal police. In order to keep its people disorganized and distrustful of each other (in order to prevent rebellion), several "Battle Royales" take place every year that place lots of people(the desired number of players) as "contestants" on an island armed with a weapon, food, water, and a map. The game is over when only one player is alive, so the goal is obviously to kill the other contestants.

Players may move around the island at their whim, but as the game progresses certain parts of the island will be off-limits to them, as Forbidden Zones are imposed.

The Forbidden Zones are enforced by all players having to wear an electronic collar that tracks their location. If a player enters a forbidden zone, it detonates, killing the player instantly. In addition, it also serves as a way of keeping players in line. If a player tries to remove his collar, it detonates.

How the game works:

Once the game starts, each player is randomly assigned a physical, stealth, mental and weapon rating. Each ranges from 1-10, and each is useful in its own way:

- Physical rating: Good for mostly battles, and how well one can use a weapon.

-Stealth: determines how well you can hide, and sneak around. This rating also determines how well you can utilise the enviorment.

-Reflexes: determines how well the player reacts to attacks, ambushes. The higher the reflex rating the faster the player will be able to act in a tight situations.

- Weapon: Ratings are from 1-10, although their use is mostly determined in combat situations (a very good close-range weapon will still fall to a shoddy far-range weapon that is properly aimed).

Each "turn" (which will last probably 2 days and an extra few days for me to complete write-ups for every player, these days will shorten as people start dieing.), players will PM me their instructions for the turn.

The following are neccesities of the pm consisting of

- Where they would like to move and where they will remain.
    - The instructions to what they will do if they encounter someone. This can be whatever you want, please be as creative as possible.
    - Instructions on how to set traps if you wish to.

Basically you are telling me everything you want to do in that turn.

For Example: If they want to....

- Attack and steal their food
    - Befriend and request an alliance
    - Refuse all alliance offers except with Player X
    - Run away as fast as you can

Players can also interact with the map; i.e. buildings can be used as places to hide, replenish food supply, etc.

The map will be laid out on a grid. You can figure out which zones are which by simple counting. Generally, in the PM you will basically tell me where on the grid you want to go. For example you are at F9 and you want to go to F11. Then in the pm just say. Go to F11 from F9.

After every turn I will PM each player what has specifically happened to them, as well as make a general announcement for all to see (i.e. "gunfire is heard to the west"). After every three turns, I will make a more detailed announcement about what has transpired, including who is dead.

Players start with the same amount of food and water. Depending on their physical rating, that amount lasts a certain amount of turns. Failure to replenish this supply will result in a decrease of chances of survival.

One new forbidden zone will be added each turn. They will be announced in my comprehensive post made every three turns.

TevashSzat
    Ichigo
    Sarathos
    Twilightblade
    Tratorix
    Beefy187
    Elite Ferrit
    Shiln
    Craterus
    Woad&Fangs
    CountArach
    Tiberius of the Drake
    FactionHeir
    ScottishRanger
    Caius
    Pevergreen
    Andres
    DutchGuy
    GeneralHankercheif
    MakaiKahn
    Kommodus
    Faust
    Jebus
    Grizzly
    Mithrandir
    {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88
    FenRing
    Last edited by RoadKill; 05-22-2008 at 21:08.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default Re: The .Org Battle Royale MK IV : Intrests

Hmm, even though I became inactive in the last one, the games are pretty fun. Since the summer is comming up and I'm finishing up school stuff pretty soon, I guess I'll be up for it.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Maybe, depends on how busy I am when it starts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

It'll probablly take me a month before this thing starts. Because I need to finish up Mk III. And then set this one up.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Since you did such an awesome job on Mk III Roadkill, I have to join this one.
    Last edited by Sarathos; 04-22-2008 at 03:30.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Ill join this one
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

When this gets started, count me in.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to take revenge on the guy who killed me...

IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187
    I have to take revenge on the guy who killed me...
    Ha Beefy, I died first round last game, I think I am the one who gets to go revenging.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

vote:interested

Interested of course, just gimme some decent weapon for once

Yep, I'd like to play.

Any time after 02/06 would be good.
    Last edited by Craterus; 04-22-2008 at 19:15.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

I'd play again
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Okay, I think with this increasing level of intrest I will officially host the next one. Mean While tell your friends all about and join.

Because remember, the more people that play, the more people we can kill.

Default Re: The .Org Battle Royale MK IV : Sign ups

OKAY! This is no longer interest thread, but sign up thread.

So I'll sign up those who said they were interested. By the Way Shiln, I hope you like a sock and a rubber band as a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill
    OKAY! This is no longer interest thread, but sign up thread.

So I'll sign up those who said they were interested. By the Way Shiln, I hope you like a sock and a rubber band as a weapon.
    I'll just hide in the forest again then

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Of course I am in - I've done quite well in all of them, considering I started with almost no weapons. Total kill count over 3 games - 1... plus all those soldiers...
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

im in.
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Awsome. Aiming for at least a minium of 20 players. If you got any buddies at the org. tell them to join!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

In please`

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Sure, why not? Its tempting.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

In.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I'll play.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Just two more spots left!!!

So does anyone want to help make the map similar to the previous games.
    Last edited by RoadKill; 04-27-2008 at 02:22.

*UPDATE* PLEASE READ

Instead of having survival and mental as two of the three ratings now. I have changed them to Stealth, and Reflexes

Stealth determines how well you can hide, and sneak around. This rating also determines how well you can utilise the enviorment.

Reflexes determines how well the player reacts to attacks, ambushes. The higher the reflex rating the faster the player will be able to act in a tight situations.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

LEts start...Please!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Caius. Sorry, theres still a lot to do. I need someone who knows how to use photopshop to make the Battle Royale Map, because my copy of photoshop is down. So unless we have that I don't think we can start. However I have most of the ratings stuff sorted out, and when the map gets done, I can send everyone their pm for their stats.

Anways whoever gets this character is doomed..

Player:

Physical Rating: 2

Stealth Rating: 3

Reflex Rating: 4

Weapon Rating: No Rating – Laser Pointer

Background: Almost unable to survive in a physical fight, unable to hide for your life, with slow reflexes, and a laser pointer as a weapon, there is nothing else to say but, you are doomed.
    Last edited by RoadKill; 04-27-2008 at 18:28.

Can't wait.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All right, I'll join.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast