Thread: Damage questions

Question Damage questions

I just have a few questions which I have been thinking about lately. First, I remember back in MTW that ranged weapons were weakened when used against forces that were in forests also used in the rain. Is this active in the game?

Second, looking at the EB documentation there is a stat called lethality which tends to be much higher on units that use 2-handed weapons, how exactly does this stat affect the damage of the unit?

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: Damage questions

Very harsh weather conditions appear to make archers do less damage on long range. Trees can stop arrows, so less arrows will reach the enemy.

Lethality is basically the percentage of hits that will produce a kill. A lethality of .04, which is the lethality for knives, will cause deaths 1/20ths of the time. A lethality of .4, which is the lethality of a xyston, will cause deaths 2/5ths of the time. Attack values are used to check when a hit will hit or miss.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Ahhh makes sense, thank you much.

That does explain why, as long as you don't have your units run through the pike forest, pikemen will kill a lot of your unit attacking head on.

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Actually, in RTW, trees do not stop arrow. Arrows seem to pass right through all vegetation.

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

I thought I've seen otherwise. Just try using fire arrows. I'm pretty sure they hit the trees and the leaves. Though maybe that's just for fire arrows.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

I'm fairly certain that trees give a bonus to missile defence though. If you have two similar missile units where one is in woods and the other in the open, the covered one will invariably win. But indeed a massive rain of arrows will be able to eliminate units in woods.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking