Thread: Downloading EB Question

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

Question Downloading EB Question

I'm downloading EB for the 2nd time after uninstalling it and following these Directions - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=80270 here.
    but when I', loading it it says the estimated time is 223 hours and 55 minutes and I've been waiting and i'ts barley changing the estimation time.

Help

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: Downloading EB Question

What are the specs on your computer? Do you have every other program closed while you install?

Edit: Ah, I didn't read your question correctly. Thought it said install instead of download. Silly me.
    Last edited by Korlon; 05-03-2008 at 21:49.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Downloading you say? If you try torrent I am afraid that people might've quit seeding by now (I know I have) so then you are perhaps better off trying one of the mirror sites listed on the eb downloads page.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

There are 62 seeds, so torrent should work just fine.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Correction (correcting myself I mean): there might be few seeds in your area. In that case you are better off trying the mirrors as people might simply quit seeding at some point...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Post Re: Downloading EB Question

Sorry for my ignorance but, what's seeding?

Oh, and thanks for the help

Sharing your downloads with other people so they may download it from you -- or just: "uploading".
    - Tellos Athenaios

Cool Re: Downloading EB Question

How do you stop seeding from happening to you, or can you? Besides how can seeding make me wait 9 days and 2 hours till done loading?

Opps, sorry only 8 days and 16 hours now.

I am not really well-versed with torrent clients but you could of course try to cap your uploads speed at 0 b/s? Affects all torrents though; and usually torrent clients work on a basis of 'more sharing means better priority at the tracker'.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Thanks for all your help guys I retried it all and it's going to be done in like half an hour.

Parade!!

Oh, and if anbody else has a question they might want to ask here. It might get better reslults then making a whole new topic.

If anybody else has a question or problem, create your own help thread. Thank you.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Wink Re: Downloading EB Question

Oh, sorry what he said I guess.