Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Default Re: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

I cannot do any real-time batlles against Golden Horde.
    Also when I recruited a mercenary Korean Guard unit, I could not play real-time.
    Is this a known problem with XL3/Tyberias Mod 3.0?

I am playing Tyberius patch 2.2 currently, I do not know how you obtained 3.0 as it has been recalled... due to silly bickering.

I will call Tyberius' attention to this with a profile message, shall I?

I would like to know myself if we will ever see Patch 3.0 again.

Thread Necromancer Member Vantek's Avatar

If I am understanding things correctly, 3.0 has been re-released and you can find it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...7&postcount=14

Ha! I missed that now din' I?

Nonetheless, I won't download 3.0 if it means that the Horde cannot be fought.

It's sad that you cannot fight Horde real-time, because that's the only way you can really beat them. With good general, armoured spearman and crossbow you can hold off armies 3 times your own size.

I don't think Tyberius will work on the mod anymore. I'm just wondering if pre-3.0 versions have that problem and what changed with the Horde units.

Anyway MTW-VI is still fun thanks to all the mods
    Last edited by William the Silent; 11-22-2009 at 10:51.

I'm sorry William, I have never fought with the Horde in XL at all.

Perhaps your question will receive more attention in the tech-support area or even in the Main Hall.

Not many seem to have experience with Tyberius 3.0 however.

Good luck with your problem, and please contribute in the Main Hall!

Hey guys i have a problem. I'm playing this mode with the Serbs and it was all running good until i recruted shielded bowmans. the problem is that they dont shoot arrows but they are equipped with bows. Actually in the battle only like 10 men in the 120 unit strong shoot but the rest dont. i have also tried it in a custom battle and its the same.
    please help couse i'm playing with the serbs right now and i have a huge number of shielded bowman units so it actually stoped me from playing.

Welcome to the .org Nido33, enjoy your stay.

Can anyone that currently plays XL/Tyberious set up a custom battle to confirm that that this is so? Glenn?
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nido33 View Post
    Hey guys i have a problem. I'm playing this mode with the Serbs and it was all running good until i recruted shielded bowmans. the problem is that they dont shoot arrows but they are equipped with bows. Actually in the battle only like 10 men in the 120 unit strong shoot but the rest dont. i have also tried it in a custom battle and its the same.
    please help couse i'm playing with the serbs right now and i have a huge number of shielded bowman units so it actually stoped me from playing.
    Are you sure they're not shooting? Are a good number of arrows being let off per volley? Try hitting pause just as they loose their arrows. Also see if the men appear to be shooting ok if you view them from a different angle. Also it could be down to something very simply like a blocked field of view? I'm asking all of this because, in gameplay terms, it's impossible to have a unit where only 10 men in the unit shoot arrows and the other 110 cannot. Esure that your men are not facing up a small gradient as this will obstruct the aim of some or all of the men in the unit.

Last edited by caravel; 11-24-2009 at 18:52.

I think the problem may be something similar to what Asai has suggested, but nonetheless I will start a custom battle with Serbia to see for myself.

I will also fight a custom battle against the Horde for the sake of helping William.

Have you any advice for him, Nagamasa or Gollum?

Please note that I use Tyberius 2.2, the other fellows here all seem to have 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    Are you sure they're not shooting? Are a good number of arrows being let off per volley? Try hitting pause just as they loose their arrows. Also see if the men appear to be shooting ok if you view them from a different angle. Also it could be down to something very simply like a blocked field of view? I'm asking all of this because, in gameplay terms, it's impossible to have a unit where only 10 men in the unit shoot arrows and the other 110 cannot. Esure that your men are not facing up a small gradient as this will obstruct the aim of some or all of the men in the unit.

no i'm positively sure that they wont shoot.i have zoomed it and watched them shoot . i actually noticed that first in a battle when i used shielded bowman , i mean they were shooting like 10 minutes or something but their ammo was almoust full .
    yesterday i have found out something else , i have tried other archer units from other faction and i had the same problem,archers wont shoot and not only shileded bowman !
    i tried a couple solutions but didnt work and at the end i have copied the stats from folder "PROJECTILESTATS_OLD" and replaced them with the stats in the folder "PROJECTILESTATS" .After that i run the game and the problem was solved ,every archer from every unit including shielded bowman shooted arrows !

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Welcome to the .org Nido33, enjoy your stay.

Can anyone that currently plays XL/Tyberious set up a custom battle to confirm that that this is so? Glenn?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I think the problem may be something similar to what Asai has suggested, but nonetheless I will start a custom battle with Serbia to see for myself.

I will also fight a custom battle against the Horde for the sake of helping William.

Have you any advice for him, Nagamasa or Gollum?

Please note that I use Tyberius 2.2, the other fellows here all seem to have 3.0.
    please reply when you check , i wonder why did it happened to me . maybee i something did wrong with the instalation.

i'm using Tyberius 2.2 also .

If you are having troubles, my fellows, reinstall Tyberius 2.x .

I have played three custom battles with Serbian Shielded Bowmen, and I have used them in the correct two-row formation, and also ordered them to shoot three abreast (Large units of 100 archers).

The only possible problem I found was that sometimes 10 or so men would somehow loose their arrows before the rest of the formation could follow (Very common in RTW) and this coupled with the fact that those flimsy arrow sprites often fail to appear fully at a distance means that unless I studied the motion and paused frequently, it appeared that only 20 arrows were in the air.

Rest assured, in each scenario all men were loosing their arrows, front row followed by second row.

There is one variable unsearched however - this was a custom battle and the Shielded Bowman is a High era unit.

Could an early campaign have something to do with this (I will find out later anyway - the Serbs have a wonderful unit roster!)

Now about the Golden Horde.

I don't have time to play a High campaign all the way to 1230, and I don't have the skill to survive over a century in the east yet, but I promise to seek the blighters out in my English campaign (Now playing at 1209), and until then I have made all other possible tests.

I played two custom battles with and against the Horde with every available unit on their roster.

No bugs!

I played two short battles in campaigns as the Ottomans and the Kievans in Late.

No problems!

Perhaps 3.0 is corrupted therefore.

Thanks for your help Glenn,

Perhaps it may be a good idea you reinstall Nido33, you can keep a copy of your last saved game although the game does that automatically for you and as far as i remember it doesnt delete them upon unistallation.

Last edited by gollum; 11-25-2009 at 02:12.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If you are having troubles, my fellows, reinstall Tyberius 2.x .

I have played three custom battles with Serbian Shielded Bowmen, and I have used them in the correct two-row formation, and also ordered them to shoot three abreast (Large units of 100 archers).

The only possible problem I found was that sometimes 10 or so men would somehow loose their arrows before the rest of the formation could follow (Very common in RTW) and this coupled with the fact that those flimsy arrow sprites often fail to appear fully at a distance means that unless I studied the motion and paused frequently, it appeared that only 20 arrows were in the air.

Rest assured, in each scenario all men were loosing their arrows, front row followed by second row.

There is one variable unsearched however - this was a custom battle and the Shielded Bowman is a High era unit.

Could an early campaign have something to do with this (I will find out later anyway - the Serbs have a wonderful unit roster!)
    yes there are much less number of arrows in the air compared to number of archers .

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Thanks for your help Glenn,

Perhaps it may be a good idea you reinstall Nido33, you can keep a copy of your last saved game although the game does that automatically for you and as far as i remember it doesnt delete them upon unistallation.

thanks everyone for the help ! maybe i will try to uninstall it latter but now everything works fine . the only thing i dont know if the stats i have copied are much different from the stats from Tiberius 2.2 .

I noticed that the patch 2.3 is no longer available?
    Can a new link be uploaded?

I wonder if Tyberius ever comes around.

Hello,
    and greetings to all.
    Thank you all for the great work on all the mods and all the stuff, I bought MTW yeqars ago and just now decided to play it again. I stumbled onto this mod forum and enjoying the look and stuff.

My issue is when i downloaded and installed this mod, I can not start a new campaign.
    I can however play saved games on it, with all the graphic improvements.
    thou when i load a saved game it uses the vanilla map, and doesnt use the newer maps locations.
    Any help? or what have i done wrong?

Thank you.
    KDSPhantom

hey guys, fellow oldtimers, and such-

got tyb 2.2 on my laptop, and the game stops responding during the thinking part of the endturn at year 1189. it happens no matter what faction i play. cannot figure it out as i am a modding noob, i know this mod works well on the old desktop i had it on. just freaking out as the best mod on the best game stops working.

Hello cogre, (from the .com i presume),
    welcome back. I haven't the game installed, but, i remember while playing another mod that i got a similar problem and it turned out that one of the catholic provinces (Finland) had been made into an orthodox province (Moreas in the Pelloponese). In 115something there was a message relative to the efforts of the Church to Christianise the Scandinavian north and this meant a hardcoded change in terms of heretics/catholics % and Finland was one of the provinces that got involved in that hardcoded event. Bit since it was set to Orthodox culture as native culture the game crushed always at that date no matter what faction i was playing. The solution was to set the province back to Catholic culture (even though it started under Byzantine control) - then the game played on as there was no incompatibility when the message came up.

If the mod plays ok in your other pc it might not be that, but i would suggest you check if there is any hardcoded message there and if yes what provinces it involves.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Last edited by gollum; 03-08-2011 at 23:11.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

thanx for the rapid reply, i am from the def and kinda from the .commie,
    i played an earlier version of tyb a couple of years ago. did a massive aar on my armenian campaign. anyway i am running an experiment on playing just the xl mod, the same xl mod download that was the basis of my tyb mod, to see if my xl mod is corrupted ( i keep a few folders of each game for just such probs)

how do i check and change that problem? i am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff.

once again thanx

No worries cogre,

For starters you can check in the vanilla game if there is a message in that date.

One way to do this is add the -ian command to your shortcut of MTW that enables you to autorun the campaign, so you don't have to play up to that date.

Another - potentially faster - way is to check on the txt. files that contain the text to find if there is any at that date - i'm pretty certain that the hardcoded messages text is located in the LOC folder of your main game that contains all the text descriptions, but i don't know if with the text the date of the message is shown.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

wow , an -ian command, man i haven't a clue man.

i am gonna go through the program file and see if i can try to , ... do something?

edit- feck man thats a lot of files
    2nd edit- after looking at that it is obvious that i haven't a clue of what to look for or what to do. i hate feeling like a noob
    Last edited by cogre; 03-08-2011 at 23:50.

Hello cogre,

To add commands to your MTW/VI v2.01 follow the following steps:
    -right click your MTW shortcut
    -on the top line leave one space and write -ian
    The -ian cmmand adds to you a few interesting capabilities; one is that you can see all the map by pressing g (for god mode). Another is that you can let a campaign autorun by pressing a - then the AI will take up control of all factions and play up. Another is that you can shift between factions in the middle of a campaign by pressing the number key pads;
    1=rebels, 2=almohads,3=byzantines etc.
    Another is that you can zoom in or out as much as you want in battle.

On top of this you can add a few more commands; leave one space and type -loyalty:X, where X is between 120 and 180. This will make the AI maintain the loyalty to hisprovinces at the level you set it to. If you set it high (say 180) the AI will be pretty careful and conservative and less opportunistic.
    Another popular command is -green_generals; this makes your dead generals being replaced by others of lower stats, making the game more realistic.

What you want to be doing with the files is:
    Go to the main game folder.
    Find the folder (not file) that is entitled Loc and open it
    You'll see it contains txt files - these are all the descroptions of all units, all factions all names etc etc ie all text in the game.
    Try to find the one txt file that contains the description of the hardcoded messages of the game, and see if you get the one for the date you get the crash.
    Report the message for that date here and i will direct you further.

Last edited by gollum; 03-08-2011 at 23:49.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

far out man thanx. the ian command sounds fun, it is amazing that after so many years i still have so much to learn .going into loc folder now

edit- all the txt are on "notepads" do they affect the program whilst being on notepads?
    Last edited by cogre; 03-08-2011 at 23:59.

not that i know of. I have been even opening them while i run the game.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

i thought that might be a bit weird to have a program run off of notepads, . so they are there to show us the program code in plan words then?

i think the engine loads them once if i am not mistaken to run. The reason they are txt files is that they are so friendly to mod. For example STW also has the same data but most are built in the exe in program language hence the game is far less moddable than MTW.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Isn't 1189 Tristan und Isolde? Check Franconia and bordering provinces.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

i found the historical_event_text on the events notepad in the loc folder, it just gives the text not the dates they go into effect

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast