Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American congress get maid

Default American congress get maid

That i....s want make resolution to demand from Poland compensation for....
    property that was stolen minorities by nazis and polish communists.

To sum up;
    1) compensations for Germans (polish communists send some of them to reich and polish resistance killed some of their poor SS soldiers)
    2) compensation for Jewish property stolen by Germans (ahh right - Germans started was because Poles ordered them to start)
    3) compensation for Ukrainians (their were ordered to leave eastern borders of Poland and settled on western borders - for supporting criminals from UPA)

All in all here I can give my reply
    Dear US congresmen;
    Learn history and stop being idiots - this might help your nation.
    Or shortly
    Ssijcie ...
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: American congress get maid

Uh.... what?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Yes.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

"The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Yes, however article mention only Jewish property, without speaking about other.

BTW mistake into title- get mad
    Last edited by KrooK; 07-16-2008 at 21:34.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK View Post
    BTW mistake into title- get mad
    Yes. Let's all get mad.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I think he means the American Congress is getting mad. And Krook, perhaps you don't realize this, but your government is actually sitting in the catbird seat with Washington right now. Trust me, the Czech Republic aren't the only ones who could be getting a missile defense shield installed.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Poland is the best country in the world.

See KrooK, I know my history.

Although from the title I have to admit I thought that the Congress had hired some extra kitchen staff, you can edit the title you know...
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Congress has a lower approval rating than Bush. So don't take them too seriously, if you ignore them they go away (see Rove, Karl).
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

POLAND

(No offence to normal sane Polish people)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I think he means the American Congress is getting mad.
    No, I think he means that we should all get mad. And why not?

I tell you, I'm hopping mad.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

I tell you, I'm hopping mad.
    yes
    it is the only country in the European Union without such laws.
    Poland is the only country in Central and Eastern Europe that has not passed any legislation dealing with private property lost during and after World War II.
    its quite maddening

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    its quite maddening
    They've been so busy legislating against homosexuality and abortion that this issue was somehow overlooked.

I'm enraged.

...of course?
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : American congress get maid

Hey, there's a party in here and I'm being laid! Erm...I mean late.

Okay, that wasn't at all the funny introduction to my post that I intended it to be, but I couldn't quite nal the pun.

Anyway...WWII restitutions are not as straightforward as they seem. It is a sensitive and complicated issue, where two wrongs don't make a right. Also, let's not be naive and assume that every New York who's posing restitution claims does so from the good of his heart and his innate sense of historical justice.
    If every claim by an expelled German, an heir to murdered Jews, or a relocated Ukrainian is honoured, then there won't be any Poland left. On the other hand, if Poland would be compensated for all damages sustained by German or Soviet aggression, no Pole would ever have to work again. Restitutions and compensations are a minefield, and should preferably be free of ancient resentments, anti-Semitism, historical insensitivities and, indeed, also the claim culture of the contemporary American judicial system.

And drink Minute Mad!
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Slight problem there though Louis , the Swiss handed over holocaust victims money to Poland , Poland has not passed that money on , it kept it .
    Now I do understand its quite complicated , but if they can pass laws which mean that Poles can claim for assets that their families lost when Poland lost its eastern areas why can they not do the same for families of Polish Jews ?

This is patently absurd. We're in the middle of an economic crisis and the swine can't even clean up after themselves?

No wonder their approval numbers are in the toilet... a toilet, I might add, even their new help can't scrub.

Now I do understand its quite complicated , but if they can pass laws which mean that Poles can claim for assets that their families lost when Poland lost its eastern areas why can they not do the same for families of Polish Jews ?
    According to the Polish spokesman, the problem seems to be that most of the Jews who would be entitled are sort of dead. Go figure.

Typical Jews, eh? They slaughtered each other in the Holocaust so that after the war the few survivors would have it maid.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian II View Post
    Typical Jews, eh? They slaughtered each other in the Holocaust so that after the war the few survivors would have it maid.
    Always thinking with their balls...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian II View Post
    According to the Polish spokesman, the problem seems to be that most of the Jews who would be entitled are sort of dead. Go figure.

It's funny how governments wait 60 years before they start collecting damage claims. Of course few claimants would be around and those who are are probably to senile to remember what to claim for anyway...
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

It's funny how governments wait 60 years before they start collecting damage claims.
    It would be if the Swiss hadn't handed over the first batch of money to Poland to distribute to its legal owners 48 years ago .

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

It would be if the Swiss hadn't handed over the first batch of money to Poland to distribute to its legal owners 48 years ago .
    Ouch! ... 48 years with interests. No wonder they will go bankrupt. Hey, here is an idea. I live in a small town in Norway, I bet we could lend them some money.
    Status Emeritus

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

" American Congress, get laid...RIGHT NOW ! "

Rachel Bonez, EATING UR BABIEZ SINCE 1985

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 07-19-2008 at 17:36.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

You tell 'em, Krook...
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

To sum up;
    1) compensations for Germans (polish communists send some of them to reich and polish resistance killed some of their poor SS soldiers)
    2) compensation for Jewish property stolen by Germans (ahh right - Germans started was because Poles ordered them to start)
    3) compensation for Ukrainians (their were ordered to leave eastern borders of Poland and settled on western borders - for supporting criminals from UPA)

Dear US congresmen;
    Or shortly
    Ssijcie ...
    Why does America need to give compensation to people we did not take things from?

Besides, as already stated, when Poland pays the money it was given by Switzerland, you might be heard by a couple Representatives in the House.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

KrooK is far right.

Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

To Krook's credit, casting aspersions as to the quality of thought in our Congress is one of our longest-standing traditions -- he's merely joining in on the fun. Since his country elected their kings for a while, I'm sure there is a good Polish tradition about ridiculing pols.

I must disagree with the typo'd title however. Having worked there, I can confirm that the halls of Congress are quite clean. However, the number of comb-overs you'll see from the gallery as you look down on either the House or Senate floor suggests that a BARBER would be a real addition.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

To sum up;

Dear US congresmen;
    Or shortly
    Ssijcie ...
    Why is any of this America's responsibility? I don't get it.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tratorix View Post
    Why is any of this America's responsibility? I don't get it.
    Sheesh, haven't you been keeping up on current events? America is the world's new police force.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what's going on here?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast