Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Spirit Mafia

Well, I wasn't going to play for a while but I think I'll delay my break from Mafia for one game.

In!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Well, it would be rude not to accept an invite. I am in!

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Checked my schedule, and I'm clear for a month. I'm in !

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, this game will start at some point tomorrow. Likely at about 3:00 PM/15:00 CST, or roughly 20:00 GMT
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Blog Entries

It'll be a few more hours before I send roles out, I got some RL stuff to deal with, and the game'll be off.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Roles are out, the game has begun! We will begin with a night phase. I want orders within 24 hours of THIS post.

IF YOU DIDN'T GET A PM, THEN YOU ARE A REGULAR TOWNSPERSON!

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

Just to say I only have like a hour of online time during the week so i'll be realitvly less active during that time.

Blog Entries

Night phase is over. Results will up shortly.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 09-05-2008 at 01:15.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Huh this game started? Aren't there like 12 spaces left or so?
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

I'll give it a go.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So.. Have the game already started or did I get a wrong impression?

Blog Entries

*sighs*

Yes, this game started. I gave it almost a week. I posted that several times in the thread that the game was starting soon. Speaking of which, I'm almost done with writeups.

Sorry SwedishFish, but the game has already started.

Blog Entries

Northnovas sat against the west wall of his room, unable to get sleep. The bizarre happenings of the coronation were at the same time puzzling and frightening, a poor combination for attempting to gain sleep. He looked up at the window at the top of his room, at the full moon peering back at him with a stark shine. A puzzled look overtook his face when, suddenly, the moon no longer shone down upon him, evidently blotted out by dark clouds that had appeared from nowhere. Off in the distance, a faint drumbeat began, growing stronger and stronger. Northnovas scrambled to his feet to get a better look out the window, peering around the landscape looking for what might be the cause of the clouds and drums. With his face pressed against the glass, a sharp bolt of lightening struck at him. The charged particles struck the window, melting it into sand instantly. However, Northnovas was not so lucky. The heat from the glass turning to sand melted his face. Northnovas fell back to the ground, writhing in pain for about 15 seconds, before suddenly stopping completely. He lay unmoving, when another bolt came down from the heavens, striking the limp body once again, as if the very elements themselves wished to make sure he died.

EliteFerret was in his room, sitting in a meditative pose, visibly relaxed. However, his relaxation was ended swiftly and suddenly when the door to his room was opened. EliteFerret peeked open to see who his visitor was. A red-skinned humanoid with a book and brush in his hands stepped in. EliteFerret looked up, looking mildly surprised at the strange guest. The intruder opened the book with his left hand, and flipped through different pages, until it apparently found the page it looked for. It brushed in several marks on the page, while EliteFerret, still in his pose, continued to look on in interest. After a few marks were down, the being closed the book, turning its gaze down to EliteFerret, a glare upon its face. It turned on a heel, opened the door, and left the room. EliteFerret raised an eyebrow. "That was strange," he muttered to himself. He closed his eyes once more, attempting to get back into his previous state of mind. But upon the closing of his eyes, EliteFerret's body suddenly went completely slack, and he fell to the floor in a heap. He attempted to get up, but his eyes wouldn't open, his body completely unresponsive. Suddenly, his breathing became extremely difficult. His lungs seemed to not want to work, seemed to be suffering the same fate as the rest of his body. EliteFerret suffocated silently, until at last, his heart beat no more.

Lord Winter stalked carefully down a dark hall, keeping his feet light, and attention sharp. A blank facade upon his face, he stopped suddenly when a board beneath his feet creaked rather loudly. No commotion, it appeared nothing had noticed. He continued down the hall, and stopped at a door. He slid the door open just an inch, to peer inside. Suddenly, he heard another loud creak. His head spun around; he himself was not moving, and the creak did not sound like it had come from beneath him. Eyes scanned, but found nothing. He turned his attention back to the door. However, as he turned his head, a strong wind suddenly blew through the hall, for just a second, knocking him off his feet and into a wall. Lord Winter struggled back to his feet, and when he was back up, he found himself suddenly face to face with a being that surely wasn't human. A dark, fanged face grinned back at him. A leopard skin was draped around its waist, and a large bag was in its right hand. The being grabbed Lord Winter in its left hand by his throat, and squeezed incredibly hard, crushing his windpipe. Lord Winter didn't struggle as his death became more and more imminent, instead laying limply as the dark creature continued to crush his esophagus. The being threw the limp body to the side, and it became quite clear that no life lay left in Lord Winter.

Dead: 3

Lord Winter
    EliteFerret
    Northnovas

Lynched: 0

Suicide/WoG: 0

Alive: 24

Anelious Phyros
    Aries777777
    Caius
    Chaotix27
    CountArach
    CrazedRabbit
    El Diablo
    FactionHeir
    Fahad I
    GeneralHankerchief
    glyphz
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Ichigo
    Ignoramus
    KukriKhan
    LittleGrizzly
    Omanes Alexandropolites
    Quintus.JC
    Rythmic
    Shlin28
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    woad&fangs
    Warmaster Horus
    YourLordandConqueror

Voting will be over in 24 hours. If there's a tie, we will wait until its broken before lynching someone.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

vote: Ibn Khaldun
    good to see you here

Lord Winter appeared to have a role because he was stalking around.

I think the evil kami who killed EF was a shinigami.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Quintus.JC
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

gah first round kill
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Vote: LittleGrizzly

Vote:Quintus.JC

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lol woad&fangs.. If you can't kill me in LotR you will try to do it here?

And makaikhaan.. sry but things were kind of unclear to me since no one wanted to lynch anyone

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

everybody jump on the bandwagon! (sarcastic)

vote:GeneralHankerchief
    (random)

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

I'M LOOKING FOR 40 PLAYERS
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Lol woad&fangs.. If you can't kill me in LotR you will try to do it here?

And makaikhaan.. sry but things were kind of unclear to me since no one wanted to lynch anyone
    Unvote: Quintus.JC
    Vote: Ibn-Khaldun

...that was a fast bandwagon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFish View Post
    Yes, I wanted 40 players. But there are such things as deadlines. And I owe more to those who actually sign up on time than those who dilly dally around and may or may not sign up.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

SF can have my spot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Some observations:

Northnovas and Elite Ferret was both in their rooms but Lord Winter was out stalking.
    It might be as w&f suggested but not necessarily a pro-town role.

We have 3-4 mafia with a "Godfather" included.
    there were 3 kills, two by identified beings: a red skinned humanoid and a dark being with fangs and a leopard skin loin cloth; both with some supernatural powers.

The first kill is weird. The lightning striking glass turning it to sand. This is kinda backwards. Is it a clue?
    Should we assume we are in Japan (the futon reference in OP) and the creatures are Japanese mythology?

I am thinking 3 kills a night performed by mafia is a bit much. We could face a serial killer or something similar.
    Status Emeritus

Vote: Little Grizzly

I don't see Vafþrúðnir around...

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

vote: Shlin28.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Vote: Ibn-Khaldun

Third on the bandwagon.

I am getting a bad sense of deja-vu here...
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Lots of clues and murder "markers" in the write-up, but little to tie them together to make a cohesive narrative. Too early, I guess.

The first murderer had no discernable shape at all - just dark clouds, drumbeats, and lightning bolts.

The second murderer (red-skinned guy) with a book and a (brush? Paintbrush? Calligraphy brush? It made 'marks' in the book), as though he'd found EliteFerret's life-page and wrote in a death order.

The third murderer finally gets physical, creaking floorboards and assuming a fearsome shape, carrying a bag.

All three victims die of lack of breathing (OK, I guess we all will do that when the time comes: stop breathing, duh) but the suffocation/strangulation, melted face meme might point to something.

That's all I've got so far.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 09-05-2008 at 13:04.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast