Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Getting pawned by archers...

  1. #1
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Getting pawned by archers...

    Btw why are the getai getting pawned by archers that much?i mean...they have the best variety of units,and even have armor,but they die faster then the sweboz...(who have no armor except the bodyguards)

    Thats wierd because the dacian where famous for ducking archers(then they attacked the cav,archers and the last poor victems where the inf(there moral sunck,because they saw there backup slaughtered)

    Im

  2. #2
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    Btw why are the getai getting pawned by archers that much?i mean...they have the best variety of units,and even have armor,but they die faster then the sweboz...(who have no armor except the bodyguards)

    Thats wierd because the dacian where famous for ducking archers(then they attacked the cav,archers and the last poor victems where the inf(there moral sunck,because they saw there backup slaughtered)

    Im
    ( lol pressed enter to fast.....)

    I just wanted to say,...its a shame that rtw engine doesn't work with old historical war tactics....

    Yeah you can move your romans in a chessboard,but in this game with such a wierd enemy AI....doesn't work at all

    And for the thraciers...ambush tactics...lol dont start about it...

    And thats the prob with rtw,battles are becoming boring,because the only thing you do,is punishing the faults of the enemy AI.

  3. #3
    Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Posts
    3,991
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    The getais didn't have much armor on the EDU file... they have many skills instead...
    and the defensive skills didn't count by missile attacks

    My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

    Also known as SPIKE in TWC

  4. #4
    Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Heraklion, Crete, Greece
    Posts
    2,610

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    they have the best variety of units
    Allow me to disagree with what you just stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    the dacian where famous for ducking archers
    Where did you get that from? Even if that is true, what do you propose? Dancing and matrix-style movements by Dacian units exclusively to prevent them from being hit by arrows?

    Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 12-21-2008 at 17:45.
    ~Maion

  5. #5
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Allow me to disagree with what you just stated.


    Where did you get that from? Even if that is true, what do you propose? Dancing and matrix-style movements by Dacian units exclusively to prevent them from being hit by arrows?

    Maion
    lol.........not matrix dude...terminator moves are the fashion today...

    And pls...buy yourself a book about ancient warfair...

    Matrix style lol ...think!!!!

    They where historically the best ambushers there time....so i dont think they moonwalk there asses to the archers(jezus christ).

    And as i wrote allready....its the engine that doesn't allow decent tactics(i didn't propose anything)....So pls next time you respond ...open your eyes and read.

    thx ;/

    jonge jonge sommige mensen zijn te stom om te lezen

  6. #6
    Captain of Team Awesome Member Ignopotens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Aurgelmir, you need to actually cite a specific source if you want to be taken seriously about Getae troops dodging arrows, not this statement of "buy yourself a book about ancient warfare" like the knowledge is commonly known. You just end up sounding like an ass when you should be backing up your arguement with facts, or at least sources. I personally have never heard of Getae troops ducking arrows, but I'm no expert on their martial history. Let's see some evidence.
    The Lord of Fire


  7. #7
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignopotens View Post
    Aurgelmir, you need to actually cite a specific source if you want to be taken seriously about Getae troops dodging arrows, not this statement of "buy yourself a book about ancient warfare" like the knowledge is commonly known. You just end up sounding like an ass when you should be backing up your arguement with facts, or at least sources. I personally have never heard of Getae troops ducking arrows, but I'm no expert on their martial history. Let's see some evidence.
    lol......really

    I dont mean that they DUCKING arrows like jet lee(denk zelf ook eens na)

    They where good in hiding....they used nature to there advantage....lol they dont use neo moves


    source.."Trajan -Optimus Princeps" by Julian Bennet,read it!!!!!!..order it (ISBN 0-415-24150-2) via Amazon)

    And pls do it....because...dont ask me for sources and then you do nothing with it.


    greetz.(bah bah bah stelletje onozelen)

  8. #8
    Guitar God Member Mediolanicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the banks of the Scaldis.
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    lol.........not matrix dude...terminator moves are the fashion today...

    And pls...buy yourself a book about ancient warfair...

    Matrix style lol ...think!!!!

    They where historically the best ambushers there time....so i dont think they moonwalk there asses to the archers(jezus christ).

    And as i wrote allready....its the engine that doesn't allow decent tactics(i didn't propose anything)....So pls next time you respond ...open your eyes and read.

    thx ;/

    jonge jonge sommige mensen zijn te stom om te lezen


    Eerst degelijk Engels leren, dan mensen dom beginnen noemen...

    Calling people stupid just because... Because of what actually?

    And what makes you think the Dacians were historically the best ambushers of their time?
    The Iberians were good at ambushing and guerilla tactics too... So were the German tribes and some Celtic ones... Pretty much every army that didn't use much armor prefered ambushing and guerilla tactics... And prefered to duck missiles instead of being hit by them...

    You are right that the RTW engine isn't good for reproducing ancient tactics, but I don't understand what it is you are aming at..?


    And I highly doubt you are the only one here that read books about ancient warfare (of oorlogskermis zoals jij het wenst te noemen).


    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    (denk zelf ook eens na)

    (bah bah bah stelletje onozelen)
    Encouraging people to use their brains for once and calling them a bunch of retards isn't going to work either...
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 12-22-2008 at 14:38.
    __________________

    --> - Never near Argos - <--

  9. #9
    Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Heraklion, Crete, Greece
    Posts
    2,610

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    lol.........not matrix dude...terminator moves are the fashion today...
    I may have even smiled at what you said, mijnheer, but that smile was wiped away by your following statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    And pls...buy yourself a book about ancient warfair...
    I have read some books about ancient warfare, but surely I haven't read many. Not enough to consider myself an expert on that matter, that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    Matrix style lol ...think!!!!
    Hmmm, have you even heard the word sarcasm or joke at all in your life? Because I wasn't serious when I replied to your post, obviously because of the low level of your statements. I do not say they are wrong, but it's like asking to give Parthians (or I don't remember who else) better kills for arrows because people have found out that they used poisoned tips. I mean, dip an arrowhead in poop and the one that gets hit will die of tetanus (as the person at that specific topic stated), why give only Parthians that attribute? It's unfair for the rest, just because you can't stand the fact that you are getting pawned by archers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    They where historically the best ambushers there time....so i dont think they moonwalk there asses to the archers(jezus christ).
    Hmmm, they where good, yes, but the best? That's debateable, my friend. Even books speculate about that matter, meaning their infarmation is not (always) the truth. Reading one book (which I'm almost 100% it's your case as well) about something doesn't make you an expert on a matter, just as it doesn't make me one.

    Some people (you included, it seems sadly) don't know how to properly read books, it seems. You first read many books of a specific matter, collect the various ideas presented in each of one and at last create a solid idea and opinion about it. Only then can you speak of something, in other cases you either zip it when the specific subject of your studies is brought up, or you just state the limited information you know and honestly hope (at least I do) that you get corrected. The ancient Greeks said that semi-knowledge is worse than no knowledge at all, remember that my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    And as i wrote allready....its the engine that doesn't allow decent tactics(i didn't propose anything)....So pls next time you respond ...open your eyes and read.
    Well, I read what you wrote but obviously you don't really know what you're typing yourself. Or rather, you knowledge of English is so restricted that you cannot materialize your thoughts into words that make sense to others. Note that English isn't my mother language as well and that my knowledge of it is far from good (at least in my opinion), but I try my best. Give it a shot as well, mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    jonge jonge sommige mensen zijn te stom om te lezen
    Tch, tch now that wasn't really nice, was it sir? This is like talking behind my back, but I'm positive you didn't know that I'm half Dutch as well. What you just was very dumb, very dumb indeed. I'm not threatening you or posing like a macho or anything, but believe me when I tell you that you wouldn't get away with this if this was a RL conversation. But then again, it's easy to hide behind a computer screen and talk as much as you want, isn't it? I pity you sir, for what you are.

    I know I said much and sorry if I sounded offensive, because that really wasn't my intention. I am still open to an apology though, but that is completely up to you.

    Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 12-22-2008 at 14:50.
    ~Maion

  10. #10
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Eerst degelijk Engels leren, dan mensen dom beginnen noemen...

    Calling people stupid just because... Because of what actually?

    And what makes you think the Dacians were historically the best ambushers of their time?
    The Iberians were good at ambushing and guerilla tactics too... So were the German tribes and some Celtic ones... Pretty much every army that didn't use much armor prefered ambushing and guerilla tactics... And prefered to duck missiles instead of being hit by them...

    You are right that the RTW engine isn't good for reproducing ancient tactics, but I don't understand what it is you are aming at..?


    And I highly doubt you are the only one here that read books about ancient warfare (of oorlogskermis zoals jij het wenst te noemen).


    Edit:

    Encouraging people to use their brains for once and calling them a bit simple isn't going to work either...
    Ik zei niet dom,maar stom...leer lezen...(de 2 hier)(schijnbaar nodig hier)
    Woord: stom (bijv. naamw., -)
    Synoniem van stom: afschuwelijk (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: afstompend (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: bot (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: dom (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: eentonig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: geestdodend (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: onbenullig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: onnozel (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: onverstandig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: overbluft (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: paf (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: perplex (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: saai (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: schaapachtig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: sprakeloos (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: stomverbaasd (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: suf (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: zonder geluid (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: zwakhoofdig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: zwijgend (bijv. naamw.)


    Woord: dom (bijv. naamw., -)

    Een antoniem van dom is glad

    Synoniem van dom: achterlijk (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: afgestompt (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: bot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: breinloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: domkerk (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: flauw (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: geesteloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: hersenloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: idioot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: kathedraal (zelfst. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: munster (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: oenig (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onbenullig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onnozel (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onverstandig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: schaapachtig (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: stom (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: stompzinnig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: stupide (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: suf (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: verstandeloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: zot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: zwakhoofdig (zelfst. naamw.)
    kun je nou het verschill zien....danke je wel jong.....nooit te oud om te leren

    En nadat ik 5uur heb liggen eikelen met mods en forum lezen...ja dan kan het gebeuren dat mijn engels niet meer zo goed is.Mijn excuus hiervoor....(jonge jonge)

    En daarom heb ik het ook in het nederlands geschreven...omdat ik niemand wil beledigen.En zouden ze het wel kunnen lezen....nou ben blij dan kan je nederlands...toch? lol

    Zo en dan nu....de uitleg

    Zoals je weet hebben de germanen en de celten...meer onder elkaar gevochten dan tegen andere naties(ik denk dat je al weet waar ik op uit ben)zo hun tactiek...was bijna altijd hetzelfde

    En de daciers....ja die hebben altijd vijanden uit verschillende naties gehad....gezien hun leef locatie.
    Zei moesten hun tactiecen aanpassen om zich passend(of niet)te verdedigen(of aan te vallen)

    Je hebt gelijk...dat het er meer waren die zo gevochten hebben,maar in contrast met de daciers kun je dat echt niet vergelijken.

    en weer........"Trajan -Optimus Princeps" by Julian Bennet....sinds ik niet de enige ben die over oorlogskermis leest....een aanrader...

    En ja....waar aim ik op........als je GOED had gelezen...aimde ik nergens op.....Het was een mening...

    Als je weer de synomienen nodig hebt....give me a call bro...

  11. #11
    Guitar God Member Mediolanicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the banks of the Scaldis.
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    Ik zei niet dom,maar stom...leer lezen...(de 2 hier)(schijnbaar nodig hier)
    Woord: stom (bijv. naamw., -)
    Synoniem van stom: afschuwelijk (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: afstompend (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: bot (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: dom (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: eentonig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: geestdodend (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: onbenullig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: onnozel (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: onverstandig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: overbluft (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: paf (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: perplex (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: saai (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: schaapachtig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: sprakeloos (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: stomverbaasd (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: suf (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: zonder geluid (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: zwakhoofdig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: zwijgend (bijv. naamw.)


    Woord: dom (bijv. naamw., -)

    Een antoniem van dom is glad

    Synoniem van dom: achterlijk (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: afgestompt (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: bot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: breinloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: domkerk (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: flauw (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: geesteloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: hersenloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: idioot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: kathedraal (zelfst. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: munster (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: oenig (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onbenullig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onnozel (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onverstandig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: schaapachtig (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: stom (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: stompzinnig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: stupide (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: suf (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: verstandeloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: zot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: zwakhoofdig (zelfst. naamw.)
    kun je nou het verschill zien....danke je wel jong.....nooit te oud om te leren
    You should reread before you post...
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 12-22-2008 at 15:21.
    __________________

    --> - Never near Argos - <--

  12. #12

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    Ik zei niet dom,maar stom...leer lezen...(de 2 hier)(schijnbaar nodig hier)
    Woord: stom (bijv. naamw., -)
    Synoniem van stom: afschuwelijk (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: afstompend (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: bot (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: dom (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: eentonig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: geestdodend (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: onbenullig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: onnozel (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: onverstandig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: overbluft (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: paf (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: perplex (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: saai (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: schaapachtig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: sprakeloos (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van stom: stomverbaasd (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: suf (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: uilig (overig.)
    Synoniem van stom: zonder geluid (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: zwakhoofdig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van stom: zwijgend (bijv. naamw.)


    Woord: dom (bijv. naamw., -)

    Een antoniem van dom is glad

    Synoniem van dom: achterlijk (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: afgestompt (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: bot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: breinloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: domkerk (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: flauw (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: geesteloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: hersenloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: idioot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: kathedraal (zelfst. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: munster (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: oenig (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onbenullig (bijv. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onnozel (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: onverstandig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: schaapachtig (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: simpel (overig.)
    Synoniem van dom: stom (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: stompzinnig (bijv. naamw.).
    Synoniem van dom: stupide (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: suf (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: verstandeloos (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: zot (zelfst. naamw.)
    Synoniem van dom: zwakhoofdig (zelfst. naamw.)
    kun je nou het verschill zien....danke je wel jong.....nooit te oud om te leren

    En nadat ik 5uur heb liggen eikelen met mods en forum lezen...ja dan kan het gebeuren dat mijn engels niet meer zo goed is.Mijn excuus hiervoor....(jonge jonge)

    En daarom heb ik het ook in het nederlands geschreven...omdat ik niemand wil beledigen.En zouden ze het wel kunnen lezen....nou ben blij dan kan je nederlands...toch? lol

    Zo en dan nu....de uitleg

    Zoals je weet hebben de germanen en de celten...meer onder elkaar gevochten dan tegen andere naties(ik denk dat je al weet waar ik op uit ben)zo hun tactiek...was bijna altijd hetzelfde

    En de daciers....ja die hebben altijd vijanden uit verschillende naties gehad....gezien hun leef locatie.
    Zei moesten hun tactiecen aanpassen om zich passend(of niet)te verdedigen(of aan te vallen)

    Je hebt gelijk...dat het er meer waren die zo gevochten hebben,maar in contrast met de daciers kun je dat echt niet vergelijken.

    en weer........"Trajan -Optimus Princeps" by Julian Bennet....sinds ik niet de enige ben die over oorlogskermis leest....een aanrader...

    En ja....waar aim ik op........als je GOED had gelezen...aimde ik nergens op.....Het was een mening...

    Als je weer de synomienen nodig hebt....give me a call bro...
    Stop posting in Dutch ok? Post in English if you can't don't, you don't see me posting in Armenian or Dutch do you?
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

    William Saroyan, 1935.


    High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

  13. #13
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    I may have even smiled at what you said, mijnheer, but that smile was wiped away by your following statements.


    I have read some books about ancient warfare, but surely I haven't read many. Not enough to consider myself an expert on that matter, that is.


    Hmmm, have you even heard the word sarcasm or joke at all in your life? Because I wasn't serious when I replied to your post, obviously because of the low level of your statements. I do not say they are wrong, but it's like asking to give Parthians (or I don't remember who else) better kills for arrows because people have found out that they used poisoned tips. I mean, dip an arrowhead in poop and the one that gets hit will die of tetanus (as the person at that specific topic stated), why give only Parthians that attribute? It's unfair for the rest, just because you can't stand the fact that you are getting pawned by archers


    Hmmm, they where good, yes, but the best? That's debateable, my friend. Even books speculate about that matter, meaning their infarmation is not (always) the truth. Reading one book (which I'm almost 100% it's your case as well) about something doesn't make you an expert on a matter, just as it doesn't make me one.

    Some people (you included, it seems sadly) don't know how to properly read books, it seems. You first read many books of a specific matter, collect the various ideas presented in each of one and at last create a solid idea and opinion about it. Only then can you speak of something, in other cases you either zip it when the specific subject of your studies is brought up, or you just state the limited information you know and honestly hope (at least I do) that you get corrected. The ancient Greeks said that semi-knowledge is worse than no knowledge at all, remember that my friend.


    Well, I read what you wrote but obviously you don't really know what you're typing yourself. Or rather, you knowledge of English is so restricted that you cannot materialize your thoughts into words that make sense to others. Note that English isn't my mother language as well and that my knowledge of it is far from good (at least in my opinion), but I try my best. Give it a shot as well, mate


    Tch, tch now that wasn't really nice, was it sir? This is like talking behind my back, but I'm positive you didn't know that I'm half Dutch as well. What you just was very dumb, very dumb indeed. I'm not threatening you or posing like a macho or anything, but believe me when I tell you that you wouldn't get away with this if this was a RL conversation. But then again, it's easy to hide behind a computer screen and talk as much as you want, isn't it? I pity you sir, for what you are.

    I know I said much and sorry if I sounded offensive, because that really wasn't my intention. I am still open to an apology though, but that is completely up to you.

    Maion
    Its putting me a smile on my face...(that you actually can understand dutch),and its not my intend to insult you or somebody lol

    About the sarcasm my friend....read the line terminator moves...i was making jokes also....hahaha

    yeah my english....i really can say your right about that.But...i cant force others to learn german,russian or dutch...so i have to do it with my bad english.So are you...

    Lol dont wrote it because i was getting pawned by archers....i wrote it,because i think rtw is lacking tactical approach.(next time i shut the fukk up,and write nothing...only gettin childish behavior here:(

    Nice to see that you know me that much....but no...wasn't the only book i read in my live(my english suck i know) to be honest...you really have see my collection.Even have a bibel dating 1809 in good shape.Have the first edition in german and latin of dantes inferno.(with first edition i mean first press)
    Both of my parents are collecting books there whole life...i get alot from them...
    so...i can say i have read a book or 2

    Some people (you included, it seems sadly) don't know how to properly read books, it seems. You first read many books of a specific matter, collect the various ideas presented in each of one and at last create a solid idea and opinion about it. Only then can you speak of something, in other cases you either zip it when the specific subject of your studies is brought up, or you just state the limited information you know and honestly hope (at least I do) that you get corrected. The ancient Greeks said that semi-knowledge is worse than no knowledge at all, remember that my friend.

    Thats why the ancient greek excisted so long..??? lol--sarcasm-- :/

    All of our knowledge is semi-knowledge....because we weren't there!! think about it


    And what you mean with RL conversation...No prob at all...i really would love to say this crap right in you face..really...that would be fun..because after that,i could pity you hahaha
    ..But hey when you want to apologize...Be my guest

  14. #14
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    You should reread before you post...
    lol didnt see it in there hahaha

    But still,it insnt the same ;)...

  15. #15
    Guitar God Member Mediolanicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the banks of the Scaldis.
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    lol didnt see it in there hahaha

    But still,it insnt the same ;)...

    No, indeed, it isn't.

    "Stom" :
    litt. : dumb in the meaning of mute (as in deaf-mute)
    fig. : stupid

    "Dom":
    litt.: dumb in the meaning of stupid


    Could be you were calling everyone mute here...
    __________________

    --> - Never near Argos - <--

  16. #16
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    No, indeed, it isn't.

    "Stom" :
    litt. : dumb in the meaning of mute (as in deaf-mute)
    fig. : stupid

    "Dom":
    litt.: dumb in the meaning of stupid


    Could be you were calling everyone mute here...
    hahaha...i'm glad that you wear the funny trousers back home....

    stom/ignorant....(what i meant with it was....that some and not everybody like you say....are not open minded when it comes to certain historical parts....they believe there own way of history of what they saw on history channel or learnt at school)....so what i mean is think further than that.

    lol

  17. #17
    Marzbān-ī Jundīshāpūr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,170

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Who gives a shit anyways? Someone close this already.


    "Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Āriōbarzanes of the Sūrźn-Pahlavān

  18. #18
    Guitar God Member Mediolanicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the banks of the Scaldis.
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgelmir View Post
    hahaha...i'm glad that you wear the funny trousers back home....

    stom/ignorant....(what i meant with it was....that some and not everybody like you say....are not open minded when it comes to certain historical parts....they believe there own way of history of what they saw on history channel or learnt at school)....so what i mean is think further than that.

    lol
    ignorant/onwetend or short sighted/kortzichtig is not on your list with synonyms my dear friend.

    Anyway, you were offending people, like Maion, behind their backs in Dutch. If you want to call them ignorant do so in English, and not in a language which you expect they won't understand.

    And now, as TPC says, someone better locks this.
    __________________

    --> - Never near Argos - <--

  19. #19
    master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Who cares
    Posts
    5,953

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignopotens View Post
    Aurgelmir, you need to actually cite a specific source if you want to be taken seriously about Getae troops dodging arrows, not this statement of "buy yourself a book about ancient warfare" like the knowledge is commonly known. You just end up sounding like an ass when you should be backing up your arguement with facts, or at least sources. I personally have never heard of Getae troops ducking arrows, but I'm no expert on their martial history. Let's see some evidence.

    If he hasn't done that so far, I ain't half arab


    anyways, Aurgelmir, when dealing in this subject, do not insult people in a different language, and cite a proper source, complete with page, author and assorted info. Also ,trolling and flaming people is ill mannered and against forum rules, as far as I can tell,

    now, may a moderator close this thread? Its worryingly offensive
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

    my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

    tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

    "We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

  20. #20
    Member Member Aurgelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roermond-Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Getting pawned by archers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    If he hasn't done that so far, I ain't half arab


    anyways, Aurgelmir, when dealing in this subject, do not insult people in a different language, and cite a proper source, complete with page, author and assorted info. Also ,trolling and flaming people is ill mannered and against forum rules, as far as I can tell,

    now, may a moderator close this thread? Its worryingly offensive
    :/

    1.didn't mean to insult poeple,i was only anoyed by the fact that people did not read my text well...and then giving complains
    2.did put in a source ...again check my posts
    3.indeed close this crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO