Thread: Durable headphone/set

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Durable headphone/set

Looking for one as well. My most recent purchase died after nigh 2 months.
    Tried Plantronics, Sony, Philipps and a few less known brandsa so far. Except for the plantronics one all lasted less than 5 months due to cable issues i.e. left/right stps woreking or becomes sporadic and works only when worn in a certain position.

Not too fussed about sound quality, just that it has to be fairly light (not the bulky ones) and not the neckband type as they won't fit well with glasses. And preferrably very durable/thick cable so wearing it for long periods of time won't cause bends to damage the cable again.

P.S. read the other threads already and didn't want to necro
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: Durable headphone/set

I've got a great Sennheiser set that has endured a great deal of abuse. Excellent sound, too, although you don't care.

Here's the current version of the headset. Don't think they've changed much since they made mine ...
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them ... well, I have others." — Groucho Marx

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I've had these for a while now and have been very happy with them. They're big, but very comfortable. They sound good and have a pretty decent mic.

I see that you're a glasses wearer, so am I. What I love about this headset is that it fits completely over the ear, not on it. Most headsets that sit on the ears would make my ears sore where the stems from my glasses go over the ear. Not so with these.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

My dad got these for $10 USD somewhere. Cheap, comfortable and effective (though I'm no audiophile). And they're in silver and black and not the siller oranges on that website. Very satisfied, and not worried if they get damaged or broken. Not a headset, but since you said headphone/set I thought I'd mention it...