Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Whats Satanism?

  1. #1
    Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Buckinghamshire UK
    Posts
    372

    Default Whats Satanism?

    Whats Satanism, Heard of it but never knew...

  2. #2
    Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,029

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

    Basically devil worshiping, but more complicated than that.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

  3. #3
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    It's not that bad, it's extreme individualism.

  4. #4
    Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,290

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    According to some people at my school, im one of them because im a atheist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

  5. #5
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,617

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    It's not that bad, it's extreme individualism.
    Yes, I know, because why would Satanism have anything to do with satan, right?
    Pretty ignorant, just like the thought that capitalism had anything to do with capital...
    Satanism is satan worshipping and individualism is individualism, everybody who tries to mix the two should think of another name for his religion, basta!


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  6. #6
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Yes, I know, because why would Satanism have anything to do with satan, right?
    Pretty ignorant, just like the thought that capitalism had anything to do with capital...
    Satanism is satan worshipping and individualism is individualism, everybody who tries to mix the two should think of another name for his religion, basta!
    Well from what I saw from it, I kinda like it. Satanists do not worship satan actually. What I find kinda silly is how such extreme individualism needs it's own church, but hey it's a religion.

  7. #7
    has a Senior Member HoreTore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    12,014

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Yes, I know, because why would Satanism have anything to do with satan, right?
    Pretty ignorant, just like the thought that capitalism had anything to do with capital...
    Satanism is satan worshipping and individualism is individualism, everybody who tries to mix the two should think of another name for his religion, basta!
    No, unfortunately not, Husar

    There are two kinds of Satanism. One is the christian version with the devil and all that. The other is a form of individualism, and the name "satanism" is used not because it has anything to do with devils or gods(they're non-religious), but as an "in-your-face" shock kinda thing.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

  8. #8
    Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    10,415

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Whats Satanism?
    In my understanding, it's backwards Catholicism, with all the hierarchy and trappings of the roman church, done backwards.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

  9. #9
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,617

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    The other is a form of individualism, and the name "satanism" is used not because it has anything to do with devils or gods(they're non-religious), but as an "in-your-face" shock kinda thing.
    Nice for them, I find the christian version far more shocking, some of them dig up dead people and do weird things with them. And others do weird things to living people etc.
    That the wussy version uses the same word just to seem more shocking is not my problem, but theirs, to me they're just using the wrong word and that is stupid, not shocking.
    Last edited by Husar; 03-13-2009 at 16:41.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  10. #10
    Upstanding Member rvg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,818

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Strictly speaking, the Yezidi religion can be classified as satanism.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

    “The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

  11. #11
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    DOOM!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  12. #12
    Things Change Member JAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    11,058

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Graal View Post
    Whats Satanism, Heard of it but never knew...
    Obama Democrats.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

    Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

  13. #13
    Upstanding Member rvg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,818

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Now it all makes sense.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

    “The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

  14. #14
    Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Moral High Grounds
    Posts
    9,212

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Back when LaVey was pushing his book, he seemed to want to separate satanism with the devil-worshiping, human-sacrificing loons. Basically his message was "do what you like with other consenting adults". Now that I look back on it, he was just a Libertarian pre-Goth sex fiend with a hot daughter.
    Last edited by drone; 03-13-2009 at 20:33.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

    If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

    "Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

  15. #15
    Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Oh... whoops, thought this was another thread on Stalinism...










    My kingdom for a .

  16. #16

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    From Wiki: "Theistic Satanism, also known as Traditional Satanism, is a form of Satanism with the primary belief that Satan is an actual deity or force worthy of reverence or worship."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism

    There are different kinds of Satanism =P

  17. #17
    Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,713

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Christianity-Satanism

    Potato-Potato

    Definition: The belief that there is an almighty deity that de facto agrees 100% to all of your opinions and therefore gives you the right to use whatever means necessary to force them onto others. The people who are not with you are with the 'evil one'.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

    http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

  18. #18
    Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Between Louis' sheets
    Posts
    10,369

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    Christianity-Satanism

    Potato-Potato

    Definition: The belief that there is an almighty deity that de facto agrees 100% to all of your opinions and therefore gives you the right to use whatever means necessary to force them onto others. The people who are not with you are with the 'evil one'.
    Your pulpit is growing rather tiresome. We get it, christians are the evil incarnate. I'm sure there is some other form of the man you can rag on.

    Capitalism?
    The Patriarch system in the west keeping women in check?
    The American hegemony?
    The white man keeping the brown man down?

    I await your insights.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

    My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

  19. #19
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    Christianity-Satanism

    Potato-Potato

    Definition: The belief that there is an almighty deity that de facto agrees 100% to all of your opinions and therefore gives you the right to use whatever means necessary to force them onto others. The people who are not with you are with the 'evil one'.
    Read my sig. Edward Gibbon mentions in his The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire that travellers to Alexandria were amazed, because the Christian minority there supported not only their own poor, but the poor of the entire city. It is not socialism, but Christian charity that helps the poor and underpriviledged. It is in the Bible, and throughout history the amount that Christians around the world have given to charity is mindblowing - from the ancient world to the present. You can point to things like the crusades and the inquisition (where the control mechanism that is the catholic church murdered millions of Bible believers) that people did claiming to in the name of God, but if you look at the Bible (the Word of God, God on earth), the Bible does not teach such things at all.
    Before you go bashing Christianity (on a completely unrelated thread no-less), maybe you should read the Bible.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  20. #20
    Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,029

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Capitalism?
    The Patriarch system in the west keeping women in check?
    The American hegemony?
    The white man keeping the brown man down?
    Wait... is that permission?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

  21. #21
    Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,713

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post

    Before you go bashing Christianity (on a completely unrelated thread no-less), maybe you should read the Bible.
    I am not bashing Christianity. I am, in plain words I believe, trying to demonstrate that any religion with an unquestionable authority at the top is destined to lead to 'end justifies the means' behavior because it is in people's nature to identify their views as correct and in extension the same as the views of their deity.

    At the same time you replied in a very defensively aggressive way. I criticize the infallibility of belief in omnipotent deities and all of a sudden I am 'Christian bashing?' I think it proves my point that 'The people who are not with you are with the 'evil one'.'

    In a topic discussing the connection of Christianity and Satanism I would hardly describe my post as unrelated to the thread.

    It is not however my purpose to cause offense in any way.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

    http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

  22. #22
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    I am not bashing Christianity. I am, in plain words I believe, trying to demonstrate that any religion with an unquestionable authority at the top is destined to lead to 'end justifies the means' behavior because it is in people's nature to identify their views as correct and in extension the same as the views of their deity.

    At the same time you replied in a very defensively aggressive way. I criticize the infallibility of belief in omnipotent deities and all of a sudden I am 'Christian bashing?' I think it proves my point that 'The people who are not with you are with the 'evil one'.'

    In a topic discussing the connection of Christianity and Satanism I would hardly describe my post as unrelated to the thread.

    It is not however my purpose to cause offense in any way.
    First of all, the thread is called "Whats Satanism?", not "How is Satanism Related to Christianity?", so it is completely unrelated.
    Second of all, slandering a religion IS bashing it.
    Third of all, your point is wrong, because God does not tell Christians what to do, except through the Bible, and the Bible does tell Christians to persecute other people or to force their religion on other people. In fact, the message of the Bible is quite the opposite of "the end justifies the means".
    Also, if you knew anything about either religion, you would know that Satanism and Christianity are about as far removed as they could be.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  23. #23
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Also, if you knew anything about either religion, you would know that Satanism and Christianity are about as far removed as they could be.
    Not so much. An eye for an eye for example, if you scrap the new testament it's pretty much compatible. Calvin would have agreed curly

  24. #24
    Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,713

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post

    Second of all, slandering a religion IS bashing it.
    In your book criticizing and slandering is the same word. There is nothing I can say that will dissuade you because you just set your mind in your opinion.

    Screaming 'bashing' every time someone tries to voice a different religious opinion is a good tried and tested method. Works almost every time.

    Also the bible is a wholly different topic. We can discuss it in a different thread if you like but it has nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

    Anyway I have stated my oppinion and provided arguments. If we engage in a war of posts we will high jack the thread. So I will refrain from further posts.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

    http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

  25. #25
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos View Post
    In your book criticizing and slandering is the same word. There is nothing I can say that will dissuade you because you just set your mind in your opinion.

    Screaming 'bashing' every time someone tries to voice a different religious opinion is a good tried and tested method. Works almost every time.

    Also the bible is a wholly different topic. We can discuss it in a different thread if you like but it has nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

    Anyway I have stated my oppinion and provided arguments. If we engage in a war of posts we will high jack the thread. So I will refrain from further posts.
    This will also be my last post.
    First of all, a religion IS its Holy Book. What do you mean you were talking about Christianity and not the Bible? They are one and the same. "And the Word was with God, and the Word was God" It is unfair to judge a religion by anything but its Holy Book, because that is the religion.
    Also, you were not "criticizing" Christianity (that would be saying that you disagree with it for whatever reason), you were saying it that it was something that it was not, which is bashing it.
    To give one of those lousy analogies that I am (in)famous for:
    You are a vegetarian, and you do not approve of the work a butcher does. Criticizing him would be to say that you think killing animals is wrong and he should not do it. Bashing him would be to say "You are just like those evil soldiers! You are committing mass murder for money! It is part of a capitalist conspiracy!"
    Get my point?
    (I promise, no more analogies for me today :P)
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  26. #26
    Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    13,477

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Personally I think you're both wrong.

    Vuk, a religion is more than it's Holy Book, it is also the traditions of how you read that book.

    Rastaforos, doing something in the name of a person/religion/philosohpy does not make that entity responsible. Communism is not responsible for Stalin.

    Frag, The "eye for an eye" thing is one of the first bits ditched in the Gosepl of Mathew.

    OT: I never understood why Satanism backs the loser in the war to control the world. After all, as far as I know, they take the Bible and turn it upside down. Sort of like the the ultimate conspiracy theory.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

    [IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

  27. #27
    Member Member Hax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,352

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    First of all, a religion IS its Holy Book. What do you mean you were talking about Christianity and not the Bible? They are one and the same. "And the Word was with God, and the Word was God" It is unfair to judge a religion by anything but its Holy Book, because that is the religion.
    We do not have a typical "holy book" in Shinto. The closest thing is the Record of Ancient Matters [Kojiki] other texts that would come close are the Jinno Shotoki [Chronicles of the Authentic Lineages of the Divine Emperors] by Kitabatake Chikafusa and the Shoku Nihongi [Chronicles of Japan].

    A religion is not made by the books, I think; I think it is made by the followers.

    Rastaforos, doing something in the name of a person/religion/philosohpy does not make that entity responsible. Communism is not responsible for Stalin.
    I do agree with here, though on the next subject;

    I never understood why Satanism backs the loser in the war to control the world.
    I hardly think Satanists regard it as if they are backing the losing side. Reminds me of some lines by Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate:

    You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?
    I can understand why they think that the war between God and Satan is being won by Satan; though I personally believe in neither.
    This space intentionally left blank.

  28. #28
    Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    13,477

    Default Re: Whats Satanism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    We do not have a typical "holy book" in Shinto. The closest thing is the Record of Ancient Matters [Kojiki] other texts that would come close are the Jinno Shotoki [Chronicles of the Authentic Lineages of the Divine Emperors] by Kitabatake Chikafusa and the Shoku Nihongi [Chronicles of Japan].

    A religion is not made by the books, I think; I think it is made by the followers.
    As I understand it Shintoism is not a prophetic or relelationary religion. There's a difference, not to mention that Christianity is an historic religion. It is based around a particular sequence of events that took place at a particular time to particular people. That story is essential to Christianity.

    I hardly think Satanists regard it as if they are backing the losing side. Reminds me of some lines by Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate:



    I can understand why they think that the war between God and Satan is being won by Satan; though I personally believe in neither.
    Wars of ideology are funny things, they are only won when one side gives up.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

    [IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO