Thread: Patching Rome: Total War

Default Patching Rome: Total War

Patching Rome: Total War to version 1.5 is needed to install Europa Barbarorum, correct? I searched filefront and I could not find 1.5, only 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.

Could I please get a link to a safe download of 1.5.

Default Re: Patching Rome: Total War

If your using Gold Version or Eras, which is also Gold you don't need too, but I found it under Total War.com, official Sega site, there is a selection called support, you will find it there.

Thanks. I have the Gold Edition.

But I installed everything and nothing happens when I click "Run Barbarorum Europa :/

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Doesn't work how?
    Does it give an error message?
    Does it get to the title screen and seem to freeze? If that is the case, wait longer.

No, absolutely nothing happens. No error message or title screen shows up when I click the EB icon that says "Run Europa Barbarorum". Maybe I'm clicking the wrong icon, but the only other EB icons I have seen are the "Recruitment Viewer" and and "Run Europa Barbarorum(Troublshooting)", which also does nothing.

When I installed EB i created a 2nd version of RTW and called it Europa Barborum strangely, in Program files. I then installed EB to that version as I undertstand installing into Program files can cause probs. So my address was C:/Europa Barborum and it all works splendidly. To load game you need to double click, EB Single Player

Oh. . . I had been clicking "Run Europa Barbarorum" all of this time. So I found the EB icon that says "Play Single Player" but when I click it, this error pops up.

I skimmed that thread and I didn't see where my error was addressed but I'll take another look

You need My EB shortcut doesn't work!

Now when I click on the trivial script this pops up.

Thanks for your help, everyone who responded.

First time error (a known thing, but actually not wrong: it just means that the configuration file is not there as it has not been generated yet), just click 'OK'.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

The same thing happened to me the first time I installed EB. I found out it happened cause I didn't install EB where Rome was located (plus, in program files I had other issues, so I installed rome and eb in C:\ root of the hdd).
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    First time error (a known thing, but actually not wrong: it just means that the configuration file is not there as it has not been generated yet), just click 'OK'.
    I clicked ok and nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    The same thing happened to me the first time I installed EB. I found out it happened cause I didn't install EB where Rome was located (plus, in program files I had other issues, so I installed rome and eb in C:\ root of the hdd).
    I think I may have done that. I tried it in C:\Rome - Total War and in the C:\ that you get when you click on the properties. In the first one I received an error, in the second one I reached the title screen and it did not go further than that. I think I may be installing this in the wrong locations so can someone guide me to the location where I install this? Also do I need to install the trivial script in any particular location?

Thanks