Thread: famous last words...

Default famous last words...

Dear Main Hall dwellers and Mainhallers ,

Despite the fact that i usually prefer disappearing quietly (like an elephant in the forest - as an old Indian saying goes), upon the encouragement of our lord and master, and dearest friend Caravel, i take the opportunity to write a few lines to you all that may came to know me one on one or through my posts. This goes for all those that enjoyed my writings, jokes and patterns, even with the occasional bad habbit of sidetracking every topic - you better get used to it Mr Glenn, as Hellenes are generally like that

The org is a very very special place and i say a very big thank you to the administration, staff and patrons - past and present for making it so day by day. Not only it is a treasure of a site for TW fans that struggle to find people in their immediate environment that enjoy these games and all the paraphernalia that goes with them (military tactics/strategy/history as well as history), but it is more than that a place where relationships can form and friendships can be had - true ones that one misses when theyre over. I know this from personal experience well. Please, all of you, do your utmost to keep it this way.

I unfortunately have to discontinue my membership now for at least many months as i will be departing for a long professional journey in faroff lands, with a hard working regime and without internet access for most of the time.

I wish you all a very fond farewell, for the time being.

PS Durango i havent forgotten you - if i ever get to make my home mod be sure you ll get it that same day.
    Last edited by gollum; 04-01-2009 at 16:43.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: famous last words...

Good luck on your trip, have fun and enjoy the experience, and check in every now and then if you can.

The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Archeologist? Priest? Development aid?

Whatever it is - good luck to you gollum, take care and watch your steps!

Thank you Drone and I of the Storm.

PS Archeologist actually. I guess i ll develop the I of the Tiger there

EDIT
    Dear All, i will log off now and will be a while before i can log in again. So thanks a-priori for everything and for all replies here.

All of you take Good Care.

Last edited by gollum; 04-01-2009 at 17:31.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Default Sv: famous last words...

Have a great time on your trip, and may the urge to play MTW revive swiftly upon your return!

(Based on your posts, I have decoded some of your interesting mod changes that I want to implement, such as lowering base morale a couple of points for units in the MedMod... thanks!)

Default Re: Sv: famous last words...

Wandering Fool Senior Member bamff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    PS Archeologist actually. I guess i ll develop the I of the Tiger there
    Just so long as you are not heading off with two hobbits on a quest to return a ring!...

Travel safe gollum - we all look forward to your return to these hallowed halls as and when you can!

Aha! I bet that Gollum is going on an 'AvaBasews!

I envy you, that you are adventuring anywhere in countries of historical interest!

Unfortunately I may not be here when you return, Gollum, as many months will see my departure from home here in quest of the University of New South Wales and the Military Academy of Duntroon.
    But one day I will spend some time of my life living as an 'Ellenos on Kriti or in Achaia, and then I shall learn so much more about the counter-productive and side-tracking ways that you describe!
    I very much look forward to such a time of study.

Well then, good luck and enjoy your march up country, son of Hellen!

Don't believe this archaeology excuse. The only people who travel without an army are spies, emissaries, princesses, assassins, and holy men.

Hope you find something really good Gollum.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keep safe and have fun, Gollum.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member gaijinalways's Avatar

Good luck, gollum, hope you'll be back soon. May the sun be shining on your discoveries!

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Archaeologist? Shouldn't take you that long. Just go there, find the X. X marks the spot. Always. Trust me.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I bid you farewell. Hope you come back in one piece, safe and sound. Till then...
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

All the best, mate. Take care of yourself.

Thank you all for your kind replies, thank you.

First part of the journey ok - now we are about to embark on the *wild side*

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Take it easy, brah!

Don't charge any spearwalls, and keep a good garrison in your border provinces, mate.

Oh god, I am such a nerd.