Thread: Immaculate government

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Immaculate government

I've had this cabinet for ages and they only improved more over time. Three of them have Status Quo, almost all have Honest and my Justice Minister in particular would have 13 stars if it weren't capped at 9

Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: Immaculate government

Nice FH

Love the treasury number so early in the game. How on earth did you do that and what is the difficulty settings?

Early in the game? I own most of Europe and 4 American holdings (usually the case by 1722 or so)
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 05-16-2009 at 11:49.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Do you keep your taxes at any certain level to keep popularity up, or will a competent government be popular enough to stay in place?

In my game, I can keep taxes on maximum and still have more than 10 happiness even in university regions. I think its due to CM mainly though, where you don't take a hit for industry and education as much as in AM/R. Of course my Justice minister also gives +3 max repression and +6 additional repression from traits and ancillaries (Thieftaker, Prof Witness, Iron Hand)

I'm still terrible at this minister business, did you just get lucky and had good candidates or did you draft them young and w/o bad traits then kick ones that got bad? Or something cleverer?

Ok, haven't played with CM at all yet actually. That sounds like some really good traits. I've fiddled very little with ministers, but I've found it useful to switch their positions if it increases their effectiveness, for example dragging the justice to army, and they switch places. In AM you could drag candidates to positions choosing the best ones iirc, with republic you have to kick an appointee and pray it seems? The theater wide modifiers can really make a difference sometimes.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    Early in the game? I own most of Europe and 4 American holdings (usually the case by 1722 or so)
    I don't even want to know how you do that FH