Poll: A Battle Royale V?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Royale V: Interest poll

Default Battle Royale V: Interest poll

Battle Royale is back orgahs!

Based on the Japanese movie, Battle Royale is one of the most popular games to have hit the gameroom.

Here is a look at previous editions

MkI – Hosted by GH https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=81080
    MkII – Hosted by pevergreen and Mdryall https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84150
    MkIII – Hosted by Me and Mdryal https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=102546
    MkIV – Hosted by Me once again https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104740

Unfortunately the last battle royale concluded abruptly due to my real life interfering.
    But as I have finally reemerged back to the forums I wanted to know how many people would actually be interested in a 5th addition? If the interest rate is enough I'd gladly re host once again.

I'm sure many of the oldies will gladly join, but what about you new guys?

For those who have no experience with this game here is a look at how it works.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Summary

The game takes place in a theoretical future Japan with an oppressive group or organization with a cruel and brutal goal. Their goal is to take talented students that have potential to become powerful people and annihilate them with the “Battle Royale” program. Several "Battle Royales" take place every year that place lots of people(the desired number of players) as "contestants" on an island armed with a weapon, food, water, and a map. The game is over when only one player is alive, so the goal is obviously to kill the other contestants.

Players may move around the island at their whim, but as the game progresses certain parts of the island will be off-limits to them, as Forbidden Zones are imposed.

The Forbidden Zones are enforced by all players having to wear an electronic collar that tracks their location. If a player enters a forbidden zone, it detonates, killing the player instantly. In addition, it also serves as a way of keeping players in line. If a player tries to remove his collar, it detonates.

How the Game works

Stats: Once the game starts, each player is randomly assigned a strength, stealth, reflex and weapon rating. Each ranges from 1-10, and each is useful in its own way:

- Strength rating: This stat determines how physically strong and fit you are. This also determines how well you will be able to utilize a weapon.

- Stealth rating: Determines how crafty a player is, both in combat and non-combat situations. A player with a survival rating of 10 can be virtually unseen on the island unless he wishes to be. It also determines your bush craft skills. High survival rating enables you to manipulate your environment.

-Reflex Rating: This rating determines how quickly you can react to attacks, traps, and ambushed. A rating of 10 can prove traps useless. However a rating lower then 4, and you can expect some trouble from ambushes and attacks.

- Weapon: Ratings are from 1-10, although their use is mostly determined in combat situations (a very good close-range weapon will still fall to a shoddy far-range weapon that is properly aimed).

Turns:

Each "turn" will last 48 hours. A "day" will consist of 4 turns, with each turn representing morning, afternoon, evening and night respectively.

Players will PM me where to move based on the map that I post below, as well as any instructions dealing with other players they might encounter. An example of these instructions are:

- Attack and steal their food
    - Befriend and request an alliance
    - Refuse all alliance offers except with Player X
    - Run away as fast as you can

The more detailed the instructions the better and can be improvised. If there's anything realistic you'd like your character to do, send it in. The more possibilities you account for in your orders the better.

Players can interact with the map; i.e. buildings can be used as places to hide, replenish food supply, ambush enemies, set traps and etc.

On the morning of every day, an announcement will be made listing the dead.

Movement

Every turn you will be allowed to move in a range of two squares diagonally, horizontal, and vertical. Special objects and abilities can increase the range.

Supply Drops

Every morning, a box of supplies will be dropped by helicopter at a location on the map. This location will be determined by in game voting. On the morning of each day, you will be asked to vote on a choice of 3 or 4 locations. Supplies will be dropped in the evening on the zone selected. In the case of tie the supplies will be dropped at one of the tied zones at random.

Supplies could be an arsenal of weapons, food, water, or useless junk.

Special Roles and Main goal of game

Some characters have special roles and goals. Please note that these are all secondary to the overall goal, which is to survive the Battle Royale. Some players might have special methods by which they can achieve victory. In the right conditions, it will be possible to end the game by storming the helicopter pad and overthrowing the government forces.

Sleeping:

You will be very tired from constant action. Every two days you must at least have one turn of sleep. If you do not sleep for a longer period of time, you will begin to not be able to complete tasks soon passing out. In a battle a refreshed contestant will be sure to beat a drained, and tired contestant. Just notify me when you want to sleep that turn.

Sickness

The island is plagued with rubble and dirt, leaving little room for hygeine. Food and water is no exception. Some food you pick up may be covered in bacteria. This can mean unprepared food, raw food. It can be from the wild or a building. Consuming these will cause sickness, such as diareha, fever, colds, and passing out. When you are infected signs and symptons will be shown. There will be 4 steps in sickness. First you will receive dirahea, the next turn it will become a cold, a turn after that a fever, and the next turn you will pass out cold. To cure these at any stages, look for medicine and anit botics. The high the level of sickness, the harder it is to cure it. Standing outside in a rainstom can also directly lead to a cold. Some players will have a strong immune system and will be immune to these sicknesses.

High Res: (For a cleaner veiw.)
    [img=https://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2694/mapdonevp7copyxo6.th.jpg]

Rules

1. You may not PM others unless you are in an alliance with them or you are both in the same area.
    2. Do not break rule one
    3. The thread is only for discussion and comments, not to discuss plans with your allies.
    4. Have fun, don’t be inactive.

(The map shown in the overview is an old map, a new map will be developed.) Several new twists and new features will also be added.

After savaging the forums I also realized a post made by Mdryall himself, that he is making a new Battle Royale. However that was back in Feburary, and if it is still in the works, I would follow his lead and Co-host if he doesn't mind himself
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Default Re: Battle Royale V: Interest poll

heck yea, ive been waiting for one for aaaages!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Blog Entries

One question: I see a market and a village on the map, will we be able to do things like trade with the locals? For that matter will there be a money element?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-22-2009 at 21:18.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

In previous games the island was abandoned and there was no one on the island except the players and the Game Host that brought them there. So no there is no trading with locals, however these markets and destinations is littered with abandoned shops and food stands, so finding supplies in those areas can be no hassle.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

sounds awesome (reminds me of a roleplay I have been reading Survival of the fittest) I am most definitely interested!
    Micheal D'Anjou
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Looks pretty cool!
    BLARGH!

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I want to kill.....
    in this game
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 05-22-2009 at 21:56.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

total innage
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

I would join but I got exams till June, and then I'm on holiday in July

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28 View Post
    I would join but I got exams till June, and then I'm on holiday in July
    Unfortunate.
    Always loved writing your write-ups.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Myrddraal had the same idea as you a couple of months ago but it never really got off the ground. Maybe you two would be interested in collaborating again.

BTW, I'm in.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill View Post
    Unfortunate.
    Always loved writing your write-ups.
    Day 1: You collected sticks
    Day 2: You colelcted sticks
    Day 3: You collected sticks
    Day 10: YOU COLLECTED SOME ROCKS!
    Day 11: You collected sticks

Last edited by shlin28; 05-22-2009 at 23:20.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Interesting. I have a feeling I wouldn't survive very long, due to my total n00bishness
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Hey, what did you expect Shlin, all you did was sit on a tree all day, running from CountArach.

@GeneralHankercheif: Glad to have the original creator playing and yes I made a note about that on the first post. If mydrall wants he can host his version and I'll co-host, as he did state hosting it first before me.

@Pizzaguy: Don't worry about it, after a couple of turns you'll be just like a pro, look at Shlin, he only collected some rocks and stones, and ended up winning the game .
    Last edited by RoadKill; 05-22-2009 at 23:24.

@Pizzaguy: Don't worry about it, after a couple of turns you'll be just like a pro, look at Shlin, he only collected some rocks and stones, and ended up winning the game .
    I'm not sure you're aware, but people delight in my death.

After a month or so being in the gameroom alongside me, you too will understand.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I'm not sure you're aware, but people delight in my death.

After a month or so being in the gameroom alongside me, you too will understand.
    Last edited by Jolt; 05-22-2009 at 23:42.
    BLARGH!

maybe we all got a chance to win if shlins not playing :P

taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Posted Gah, but yea... I guess I'll be joining

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Blog Entries

In previous games the island was abandoned and there was no one on the island except the players and the Game Host that brought them there. So no there is no trading with locals, however these markets and destinations is littered with abandoned shops and food stands, so finding supplies in those areas can be no hassle.
    Which sort of abandoned, Recent or desolate for years?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-23-2009 at 00:43.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

I'd be interested if you didn't run off like in the last 3 games you hosted....
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Which sort of abandoned, Recent or desolate for years?
    From what it says on the book, I believe the locals were rounded up by the government and forced to leave so the kids can have their play ground. So recent would be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Blog Entries

I'm not so sure. He said that this sort of thing happens multiple times each year, I would guess that the government would have just emptied one island at the start of the battles and have each one on the same island instead of going through the motions of removing a population on different islands each time.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-23-2009 at 00:57.

i'm sure it would be recent, otherwise our supplies we're meant to find would be out of date

Blog Entries

They could be, then we would have to rely on getting the supply drops and it would stop us from, say, holing up inside a safehouse in the villiage untill theres only one other person left who is obviously tired and wounded from killing off the others and getting an easy victory because you yourself are fresh and obviously healthier.

Not that I would do that mind.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-23-2009 at 01:56.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Yes. VERY YES.

I was wondering when I saw RoadKill back on the forums, if he would attempt a new Battle Royale, but I didn't want to bug him. Now I am overjoyed. If this goes through, I will very much enjoy playing in a new BR game!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Glad to be hosting Choatix

And to answer Greyblades question.

It can be debatable. From previous editions a new island was emptied out each time for an empty playground for the contestant. It will most likely be the same for this game, others finding food and other things will be quite complicated. Unless you guys want to do a game where the island is re-used, and the map is left in the same condition as the last game, meaning, (burnt down clinics, exploded gas stations, a blood soaked church after a chainsaw masscre, and much more damage thanks to the previous players. )

Also if the same island is used in the same condition, alliances would be very important, and contestants with high survival ratings would be quite valuable as you would depends on them to find food, supplies and shelter, which can be a good game element, instead of the usual backstabbing. Also supply drops would pay for a much greater importance, then in previous games, where 3 or 4 contestants near by try and get it.
    Last edited by RoadKill; 05-23-2009 at 05:22.

I vote for a fresh, clean slate. It would be too much of an advantage for the veterans to know the condition of the map, and require me to do a lot more reading to get caught up.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    I'd be interested if you didn't run off like in the last 3 games you hosted....
    Last three games?
    I only abandoned the last Battle Royale, as a huge event happened in my real life, also the resident evil games were only abandoned due to inactivty, I literally waited for weeks for the information to get in, and it got to a point where it was just unplayable.

But I understand how you probablly feel as a loyal player, but I'll try my best to make it up with this game. I'll try to contact Mydrall to ask for co-hosting help as, hosting a BR game alone is do-able but hectic.
    Last edited by RoadKill; 05-23-2009 at 05:36.

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

I´m in. Sounds great, although that would be my first one. So I´d preferr if everything was new. I presume Google maps or world could offer a nice island (Cuba ;-).

Blog Entries

Uh road kill? You seem to have stealth and survival mixed up in the OP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast