Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [EB] DEC ONLINE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

Default Re: DEC ONLINE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

ok well what should we be going off if the EB page is that outdated ? i mean what could be a good reference?

maybe ill go through recruitment viewer and post a list for each faction on here

check the first page as mercs are updated.
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 12-06-2009 at 03:43.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    I think you should also reinstate the 33K limit for Romans instead of 36K. Otherwise you see nothing but Pedite spam.
    considering this , though i do not think the current team members on Romani would be spamming those units.

*not going to limit the romani to 33k , after running some tests with those units ,for their costs etc if they want to spam them , then whatever. lol
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 12-07-2009 at 01:07.

I want to join too...
    hiero
    Koinon Hellenon

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Nice. You have more regulations and restrictions than the U.S. when it is run by Democrats. SWEET!

Have fun!
    LOLed at that, If you guys still have room, i would like to join as Romani, if not any open faction will do.
    Son of the Glorious Empire of Croatia
    traits: Distrusts Hairy Middle-Easteners, Reverant, Austere, True Roman.

join the EB groups on hamachi !

just a few more people to join and we can start this thing

2 Italians and 1 Croatian as Romans, how fitting! For the Glory of Rome,MEN! We'll crush these men in trousers...and the naked ones.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Looks fun, but I've never played EB online. Needa do that soon.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 12-07-2009 at 04:50.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Hey yo, add me to Swebóz please.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

I think you should limit the Romani to 5.3 trillion mnai. If you gave them any more they'd be too powerful...
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    I think you should limit the Romani to 5.3 trillion mnai. If you gave them any more they'd be too powerful...
    Doesnt matter they will die like ladies they are. Ladies in red all of then.

Watch your tounge barbarian, you will feel the glory of rome soon enough.

-Arma tuentur pacem

"-36K cap(like old tournament)
    -Only 1 chevron upgrade per unit (if there is money left over, though no upgrades for Romani due to their cheap units).
    -3 Archer units max (this includes Horse archers and slingers)
    -No limit for skirmishers
    -Max 4 Cav units ( no limits on heavy )
    -Max 8 Pike units
    -ONLY 2 Merc units(again to keep it simple , all faction units to be taken from https://www.europabarbarorum.com )."

one question pls...these above mentioned limits...they r for each player or the team as a whole??

i'll be joining the groups by today...lookin forward to meeting u on the field General jebivjetar
    Last edited by m0r1d1n; 12-08-2009 at 06:07.

Quote Originally Posted by m0r1d1n View Post
    "-36K cap(like old tournament)
    -Only 1 chevron upgrade per unit (if there is money left over, though no upgrades for Romani due to their cheap units).
    -3 Archer units max (this includes Horse archers and slingers)
    -No limit for skirmishers
    -Max 4 Cav units ( no limits on heavy )
    -Max 8 Pike units
    -ONLY 2 Merc units(again to keep it simple , all faction units to be taken from https://www.europabarbarorum.com )."

one question pls...these above mentioned limits...they r for each player or the team as a whole??

i'll be joining the groups by today...lookin forward to meeting u on the field General jebivjetar
    this is for each player , also please read the merc list on front page as i have updated..

Quote Originally Posted by m0r1d1n View Post

Same here, i'm sure it will be much fun, m0r1d1n

Let's get this thing rollin' !!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Mmmmm Unlimited Bastarnae. I wish I got Baltic axemen but this should work fine :).
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Hi guys!

I'd love to join, but I'll only be able to play after the 13th of December. GMT+2. If that's ok sign me up as Getai. Lovely falxes

Mmmmm Unlimited Bastarnae. I wish I got Baltic axemen but this should work fine :).
    Sounds like a plan, lol.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Hunter View Post
    Hi guys!

I'd love to join, but I'll only be able to play after the 13th of December. GMT+2. If that's ok sign me up as Getai. Lovely falxes
    no problem

have a feeling this might go well into january lol

no mods going to join up?? ( only 3 slots left )

Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    Sounds like a plan, lol.
    Not against Romanoi or Celtoi.

What is proto-germanic for Romans and Celts?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

Rumoz?

One thing i do not understand: according to your list of mercenaries, Thureophoroi (Hellenic Spearmen) are considered as such. They are Hellenic spearmen, afterall- so why mercenaries for Makedonia?

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I also don't understand the Caturiges Gaedann. Why list them as mercenaries for Aedui?

Just asking. I have never actually played online because my laptop is not super fast and I just really assumed that people used Huge size (I use Large myself which is no problem) but it would be fine if it was just on Normal size.

So I'd like to join BUT my broadband speed is only 2 megs so is that acceptable? I completely understand if not.

If it is okay I can do weekends and evenings between 8 and 11 o'clock UK time (that is GMT time I think). Any faction is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    One thing i do not understand: according to your list of mercenaries, Thureophoroi (Hellenic Spearmen) are considered as such. They are Hellenic spearmen, afterall- so why mercenaries for Makedonia?
    Weird. They are designed to support the phalanx silly. What are you smoking?

I would also appreciate the use of celto-germanic units. They are still Germanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    eh that must of slipped through , i'll remove it

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    I also don't understand the Caturiges Gaedann. Why list them as mercenaries for Aedui?
    reading their description details they seem to be listed as mercenary ... you can debate if you want as to if they are native , i lleft some units out (though none with the mercenary trait) and placed a few in ..

I would also appreciate the use of celto-germanic units. They are still Germanic.
    negative on the horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    Just asking. I have never actually played online because my laptop is not super fast and I just really assumed that people used Huge size (I use Large myself which is no problem) but it would be fine if it was just on Normal size.
    we are playing 3v3 here .. so on huge with 3v3 you can expect over 6000+ troops on the field .. this produced much lag and reduced the frame rate for many people .

So I'd like to join BUT my broadband speed is only 2 megs so is that acceptable? I completely understand if not.
    no problem with that

If it is okay I can do weekends and evenings between 8 and 11 o'clock UK time (that is GMT time I think). Any faction is fine.
    pick a faction on the list
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 12-09-2009 at 15:09.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

reading their description details they seem to be listed as mercenary ... you can debate if you want as to if they are native , i lleft some units out (though none with the mercenary trait) and placed a few in ..
    Right, I had forgot the "in the employ of others" part (which I assume is what you're referring to). It doesn't necessarily mean "mercenary", though, does it? Even if you take it to mean mercenary, you have made exceptions for other units, so why not the Gaedann as well? If they have to compete with these other units on the list for 2 slots, I very much doubt they'd ever get used.

Who's side are you on, anyway?

What about the Cinetos and the Keltohellenikoi Hoplitai?

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Right, I had forgot the "in the employ of others" part (which I assume is what you're referring to). It doesn't necessarily mean "mercenary", though, does it? Even if you take it to mean mercenary, you have made exceptions for other units, so why not the Gaedann as well? If they have to compete with these other units on the list for 2 slots, I very much doubt they'd ever get used.

Who's side are you on, anyway?

What about the Cinetos and the Keltohellenikoi Hoplitai?
    to make up the merc list i used the recruitment viewer (and checked all NATIVE) , also used the EB webpage then picked out units from there and checked the "unit list" for some .. i figured that apart from being not listed in the EB webpage or recruitment viewer , that the Aeudi did not field hellenic style hoplites as their main line (for the most part anyway) .. but who knows .......look if you want to talk tactics with the Aedui and are not sure what to do if you cannot use more than 2 units of mercs , then PM me or join the server so you can practice.
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 12-09-2009 at 22:18.

Cool. I'll take the last KH place.

So... does anyone actually know how to play Sweboz?

So... does anyone actually know how to play Sweboz?
    I'm guessing the same as Getai, but with more oomph (I hope that's the right word, but of course there's a German word that doesn't have an English translation that can be used to fully explain the power behind the idea).

And why don't you use the list of native units and elites that we compiled in the summer?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast